Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Search this Thread
Old 19th March 2006, 12:08   #136
RJK
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Now if only Toyota can price the Fortuner within a Lakh of the scorpio...
Dream on sir, dream on

No offence
Old 19th March 2006, 13:22   #137
Senior - BHPian

err...don't mean to spoil the party, but; c'mon guys, mahindra has taken a formidable step by ENTIRELY redesigning the rear suspension. and it's no minor feat- the challenges of converting a leaf-spring setup to a five-link is a huge engineering task, and no laughing matter. even if it was designed by lotus; maintaining the chassis dynamics and proportions while redesigining the suspension is a herculean task.

BUT, at the end of it all, all that matters is the consumer's happiness. and although i haven't personally driven the new scorpio, i'm sure it hasn't retained the flaws of the old one. c'mon guys, mahindra has done a commendable job, (at least engineering-wise), and i think a li'l bit of appreciation is in order.

as for the car itself, all comments reserved until a detailed test drive; the old scorpio was great in the city - but the highways, and 100 kmph+ speeds brought out it's flaws. let's hope the new one has exorcised it's high-speed demons.
Old 19th March 2006, 19:48   #138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fahadsiddiqui
Nothing Great, After All Mahendra will always remain Mahendra.
Not many changes, just to show the client there are few Body Changes but Technically i dont think there is much off a difference!
New rear suspension setup is not much of a technical difference ?
Old 22nd March 2006, 13:11   #139
BHPian

Bulls eye

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigman
I know it is succesfull but I have never thought it was a good product (that is based on my experience of the early underpowered diesel versions, I have not driven a DICOR so maybe they have improved things since then), the success was largely down to no real competition. But people are moving away from it. I remember several years ago it was the car to buy for most NRI in Punjab. Nowadays they are not even looking at the Safari.

Even if the Toyota is 14 lakh who will buy a top end Safari ? I know I would go for the Toyota.

At the other end someone looking for a base model Safari would get better vlaue for money going for the middle to top end CRDE Scorpio.
You have hit the bulls eye.

So long....

Most Viewed