Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th January 2006, 18:07   #46
Senior - BHPian

yeah the middle row legspace and rear room will make the most difference. High speed handling should be better from all reports.
Old 13th January 2006, 20:16   #47
BHPian

can any one please upload the picture of the new scorpio i am just waiting as eagerly as if a kid is waiting for summer vacation
Old 1st February 2006, 19:50   #48
BHPian

Hi,
"Scorpio Fresh" with most of the existing problems taken care of is being launched in the last week of Feb. I understand they have taken great care to sort out the issues that are crippling the Scorpio. Hope this is of help to scorpio lovers who are waiting for the spruced up version.
thanks
Old 2nd February 2006, 11:59   #49
BANNED

No airbags and EBD? Now, that's sad! Especially when even small cars like the Swift are offering EBD and airbags these days. Please don't misunderstand me to have something against the Scorpio... I owned the 2004 Scorpio GLX PLUS for a year and would never buy the Swift as I hate hatchbacks for my personal use... I even sold my Palio GTX which I bought when it was just launched after clocking just 5,000kms as I just can't seem to feel good driving a hatchback.
Old 8th February 2006, 00:32   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manver786
Hi,
"Scorpio Fresh" with most of the existing problems taken care of is being launched in the last week of Feb. I understand they have taken great care to sort out the issues that are crippling the Scorpio. Hope this is of help to scorpio lovers who are waiting for the spruced up version.
thanks
And what are the improvements apart from the suspension? Please share any information you may have
Old 9th February 2006, 13:43   #51
Team-BHP Support

Tail lights, hood scoop and possible interiors.
Old 9th February 2006, 16:41   #52
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979
Tail lights, hood scoop and possible interiors.
Thats it?! No ABS, EBD? Sad
Old 10th February 2006, 13:30   #53
BHPian

I heard ABS is an option; as is 4WD.

Gears,
Red-One.
Old 16th February 2006, 09:20   #54
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUSA
It has same lamps up front with large extention in bumper, and rear lamps are like the CRV. It has a hood scoop like the Subaru and 4WD system.
went to give to my scorpio for first serivice and had a chat with the service advisor about the new project code named "W', he told me that he saw the new scorpio at the nasik plant.

as you have mentioned, the new one will have extention in bumper and rear lamps like CRV.

however he wasnt sure about the launch date. he wasnt aware of the suspension detail as well.

Last edited by tifosikrishna : 16th February 2006 at 09:21.
Old 28th February 2006, 09:08   #55
Senior - BHPian

http://www.bsmotoring.com/2006/feb25_2.htm

Yes new Lotus aided suspension, but no extra space for the poor middle seaters. That sucks. That *really* sucks - cause even the Indigo offers better seating in the rear. Anyone tried modding this ?
Old 9th March 2006, 12:34   #56
BHPian

Got a call from Manager customer care M&M regarding feedback on my purchase experice, enquired him about the launch...it looks like it will happen before 20th of this month...around 30k price hike... any news guys...
Old 9th March 2006, 12:50   #57
v12
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Yes new Lotus aided suspension, but no extra space for the poor middle seaters. That sucks. That *really* sucks - cause even the Indigo offers better seating in the rear. Anyone tried modding this ?
I guess M&M already have a stretched Scorpio (modded by DC). Anyways seen a TC registered Scorpio on the Expressway. Could be the "Lotus" Scorpio. Completely undisguised. Could not see the suspension since it was on the other side of the road. It did not have the bonnet vent too. Managed to get a pic but nothin great abt the pic. Here it is anyways :

Old 9th March 2006, 12:57   #58
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
I guess M&M already have a stretched Scorpio (modded by DC).
car in picture doesnt look like a stretched one to me. i heard stretching would be taken in the next phase...
Old 9th March 2006, 15:47   #59
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by v12
I guess M&M already have a stretched Scorpio (modded by DC). Anyways seen a TC registered Scorpio on the Expressway. Could be the "Lotus" Scorpio. Completely undisguised. Could not see the suspension since it was on the other side of the road. It did not have the bonnet vent too. Managed to get a pic but nothin great abt the pic. Here it is anyways :

Even M&M had kept long Scorpio (well rear seats were removed & middle row seats were taken back) at Auto Expo
There are pictures in Auto Expo thread.

As for car in picture I highly doubt it being Lotus tuned. As it was supposed to have some visual changes too. Perhaps Hybrid Scorpio kept at M&M stall would point to new design changes
Old 9th March 2006, 16:11   #60
Team-BHP Support

Guys we are having a "wheels" show at our office today. I went to the M&M stall (all put up by the local dealers) and enquired about the new scorpio. He confidently told me that it is due in the showroom in another 10 days or so. It will have new headlights, tail lamps, new independent rear suspensions and some other cosmetic changes. It will be priced around 25k more than the current one.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks