Team-BHP - BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012 (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/113939-bmw-including-m5-india-launch-auto-expo-2012-a.html)

Mod Note : Please continue the BMW M5 discussion on our Official Review Thread. Thanks!

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0370.jpg

The BMW M5 was launched in India :
Thanks to jalsa777 for the pictures

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0398.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0621.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0622.jpg

560 BHP will make things a blur
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0383.jpg

These are the optional 20-inchers (for Rs 3 Lakh extra). Stock wheels are the 19" double-spoke 345M
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0386.jpg

BMW Vision ConnectedDrive Concept

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0401.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0574.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0575.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0578.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0584.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0600.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0603.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0604.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0607.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0609.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0613.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0614.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0389.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0392.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0394.jpg

The rest of the gang

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0511.jpg

320d with nice wheels
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0411.jpg

Carbon fibre spoiler lip
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0592.jpg

BMW Performance 19-inchers
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0414.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0596.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0624.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0599.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0598.jpg

"7-series Composition" inspired by the piano maker Steinway & Sons. This 750Li will be sold as a CBU
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0597.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-_dsc0618.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0506.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0508.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-sam_0510.jpg

Thread moved from the Assembly Line section

The M5 looks hawt, too good, am drooling over the pictures for last half an hour. I visited on media day and this car was missing that day as it was still not launched.
Quote:

Originally Posted by Rehaan
Want to add rear reading lights? Sure, add Rs 45,000 to the price

:Shockked: - seems thats a CBU as well.

The S1000RR drew a lot of crowd too, i did hear some quirky comments on the bike's asymmetrical headlights and fairing, wish those guys read the price too :D

Despite the presence (and launch) of the M5, and that smashing 320d, I'm left a little disappointed.

I was expecting BMW to introduce to India, the new F30 3-Series. At least put it on display, if you're not going to launch it? The current 3-Series will continue to be flogged (even though I love it to bits)

Or maybe is it because BMW did not want customers to stop buying the current 3 if they had the new one on display?

Great thread Rehaan, and good pictures Jalsa! :thumbs up

EDIT: Good to see BMW displaying their bikes too. Oh, and the 640d looks wonderful in that colour. And with that diesel mill powering it, it could be a potential game-changer in the luxury coupe segment.

Oh man, I just HAVE to own this M5 one day. Soon. Its just insane. And Rehaan no reading lights for me, thanks :p

The price though a little steep is okayish, I guess. I'm glad they have officially launched it here. I have no more words to express myself about this car.

That 320d with the BMW Performance wheels looks pretty darn good, though I can't imagine the ride quality with them:uncontrol. Any more pics of that car? Did it have any other BMW Performance bits?

Beemers are getting angrier day by day. First the all new 3 series with a really angry look and then Vision concept looks no less menacing. I love the new Angry Beemers.

Why didnt BMW showcase their new 3 series? The absence of the new 3 series in the Auto Expo makes me wonder if they have any plans to bring the 3 series before the first half of 2012.
I really hope they bring the new 3 series soon and unleash them on our roads.

I have got to admit, BMW has got excellent taste in Alloys! :p Loved every design in there.

The i8 is a looker, loved it in MI4. M5 is insanity personified :) I expected the new 3 to be showcased in here, but alas!

Quote:

Originally Posted by _raVan_ (Post 2640070)
I have got to admit, BMW has got excellent taste in Alloys! :p Loved every design in there.

The i8 is a looker, loved it in MI4. M5 is insanity personified :) I expected the new 3 to be showcased in here, but alas!

You asked for it, so there you go!
BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-img_1162.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-img_1166.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-img_1167.jpg

BMW (including M5 India Launch) @ Auto Expo 2012-img_1168.jpg

Was there on 6th January on the launch. BMW did put a good show. Got to drive the white M5 for 400 odd meters and by gawd, that acceleration! :Cheering:

BMW wants the 3 to have its own event and they really wanted to concentrate on the mini for the expo and of course the M5 which is priced so well but one disadvantage is e fact that the Indian spec E63 comes fully loaded while here there are some options to take the price above the E not that I complain but this is the best launch ever.

3 will soon make its press debut and that way have its own share of limelight, hold on it will happen in the first half only and none of this was to do with selling or clearing the current 3.

Regards,

Quote:

Originally Posted by suhaas307
Despite the presence (and launch) of the M5, and that smashing 320d, I'm left a little disappointed.

I was expecting BMW to introduce to India, the new F30 3-Series. At least put it on display, if you're not going to launch it? The current 3-Series will continue to be flogged (even though I love it to bits)

Quote:

Originally Posted by himavanth_m
Beemers are getting angrier day by day. First the all new 3 series with a really angry look and then Vision concept looks no less menacing. I love the new Angry Beemers.

Why didnt BMW showcase their new 3 series? The absence of the new 3 series in the Auto Expo makes me wonder if they have any plans to bring the 3 series before the first half of 2012.
I really hope they bring the new 3 series soon and unleash them on our roads.

I was expecting the powerful little number 1M coupe to be on display, even though they don't have plans for India launch.

^ YES! I too am WAITING for the 1-series M coupe. What a sweet little car.

Though i'm not waiting for BMW to show it off at some expo. I'm waiting for them to launch it here!

cya
R

@S350L-E240
Thanks for the continuing reassurance on the imminent appearance of the new 3 series.
If not for your posts and pm's would have gone off and bought something else and probably regretted it later.
Wish BMW had released a teaser at the Auto expo ,with at least a hint on the variants of the new 3 for the Indian market.
Again,just in case someone from BMW is reading this,
WANTED a 3,with the highest engine and power configuration possible and though the auto transmission seems to be all that is offered here,a MANUAL 3 for me,please!
Of course if the 1M Coupe has a chance of making it to our market,please arrange for someone to pick up my cheque yesterday!

Hello,

Like I said few months ago 1M is not and will not come to India.

Regards,