Team-BHP - Out they go !
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Out they go ! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11398-out-they-go.html)

Was watching some news channel yesterday night. A report suddenly comes up that manufacturers have stopped selling cars they bring in via the CBU route due to losses that occur when the cars dont sell.

GM has stopped selling the Forrester and Vectra (532 units sold till date)
Ford has stopped selling the Mondeo
Hyundai has stopped taking bookings for the Terracan (300 odd sold till date)

And it makes good sense actually , as BVR Subbu put in in the same show , " why should we concentrate our energies on cars that do not sell instead of concentrating on the bread and butter models "

cheers

Quote:

GM has stopped selling the Forrester and Vectra (532 units sold till date)
Ford has stopped selling the Mondeo
Hyundai has stopped taking bookings for the Terracan (300 odd sold till date)
That means ford has only Four models now Ikon, Endeavour, Fiesta and Fusion.

Thats why i was wondering that all magazines have the listing for Vectra but there are no adverts or brochures in the showroom. Also i noticed in the Chevrolet Calender given to me by my dealer has only the pics of Optra, Optra SRV, Aveo UVA, Aveo Sedan and Tavera for the 2006 model line up.

Hope that there is some recovery model for these cars. Like Captiva for the Forester.

An advantage of CBUs is that u can dump them any time without incurring huge losses unlike CKDs and SKDs.

These cars also don't sell well because they're CBUs.
They have a very hefty price-tag and don't make sense to go for.

Also try getting anything beyond a basic service item for these CBU's

Quote:

Also try getting anything beyond a basic service item for these CBU's
Tell me about it.
My friend recently drove his vectra slowly over a manhole cover by mistake.
Tyre blew and repair estimate was 2.63 lakhs :Shockked:

Read a advert in the paper today of the Forester. I called up and asked whats the discount he told me, car price is Rs. 20,000 (Rs. Twenty Thousand) I told him are you ok Mister? 20k for a car which is closing production and is not selling. He is like Yes, sir 20k. I told him Corolla, Optra you get 1Lac discount are you ok. Then he is like 1L discount on the Forester. Then i am like only 1 L you can get the same with its competitors which are not being discountinued. That was National Garage, thank you :Frustrati

Is Tucson also a CBU. Its not closing production? I hope its not.

I too saw the advert, Busa. 1 L ..hmm haggle haggle and one should be able to get more .

And Nitrous , 2.63 L for a tyre blow ? or he damaged his discs and callipers too ?

Quote:

Originally Posted by BUSA
Is Tucson also a CBU. Its not closing production? I hope its not.

I guess, CBUs can't close production!... they are Complete Built Units Imported in 1 peice!

Also CBU is the only way to offer many models and not incur losses due to low sales!... I wonder what kind of losses they incur in CBUs. (maximum loss can be the cars in stock)