Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th December 2013, 13:40   #61
BHPian

Re: Prelude to the 2012 Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
Bumping up an old thread since it is back in season after two long years .

Auto Expo 2014 dates:

Motor show : 7-11 Feb 2014, India Expo Mart, Greater Noida, NCR
http://www.autoexpo-themotorshow.in/visitor.asp

Components show : 6-9 Feb 2014, Pragati Maidan, New Delhi
http://www.autoexpo.in/components-show-2014/index.html

I plan to visit the motor show on 2 or 3 days and components show on another 1 day. Could NCR residents help prospective visitors with suggestions on accommodation around India Expo mart and transport options to/from New Delhi?

On tickets : last time I had booked online through BookMyShow, which had to be exchanged at the gate for physical passes (this led to a huge fiasco due to long queues in the early morning cold). This time around, I'm curious to see what platform Auto Expo is using for visitor tickets.

I am waiting to buy the tickets, checked out bookmyshow as well as other web sites. Does anyone have any idea on the ticket sales.

Also, for the veterans, is it possible to buy tickets to the auto expo at the venue itself on the day we plan to visit or is it better to book it online?
yikes6633 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2013, 15:59   #62
BHPian

Re: Prelude to the 2012 Auto Expo

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post

I plan to visit the motor show on 2 or 3 days and components show on another 1 day. Could NCR residents help prospective visitors with suggestions on accommodation around India Expo mart and transport options to/from New Delhi?
The area around India expo mart has good accommodation facilities as BIC is also nearby. Radisson and Jaypee have hotels there.

Also,you could look at staying in New Delhi and travelling to greater noida via the Metro and shuttle buses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yikes6633 View Post
I am waiting to buy the tickets, checked out bookmyshow as well as other web sites. Does anyone have any idea on the ticket sales.

Also, for the veterans, is it possible to buy tickets to the auto expo at the venue itself on the day we plan to visit or is it better to book it online?
I think tickets will be available after some time,maybe in January.
There shouldn't be any issue with buying tickets at the venue on the day you visit but you could book it online to be in the safe side.
Marauder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 10:58   #63
Team-BHP Support

re: The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics

Tickets to the Motor Show of the Auto Expo 2014 are now available for online purchase through bookmyshow.com. Entry to the Component Show is free.

Link to Team-BHP News Article
Aditya is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 16:47   #64
BHPian

Re: Auto Expo 2014 - February 7-11 @ Greater Noida. Edit:Tickets available online. Pg

What is the difference between Business hours and General public hours?
Old 20th December 2013, 22:02   #65
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaisakhr View Post
What is the difference between Business hours and General public hours?
Basically, you'll have 189,000 people with business passes during business hours.
In general hours, though, you'll have 188,965 people, at any given time.

Just joshing with you.

However,considering that the venue has shifted, only the dedicated will make an effort to get there. Business hours are typically for people who are related to the field, and the point was to keep the numbers limited, but everyone used to wangle a pass and turn up.
General hours are for the common people, who have to queue up and buy tickets with the hordes.
mayankk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th December 2013, 22:38   #66
Senior - BHPian

Re: Auto Expo 2014 - February 7-11 @ Greater Noida. Edit:Tickets available online. Pg

Instead of booking tickets online in advance can I purchase tickets on the Expo day from the venue itself?
Old 21st December 2013, 09:38   #67
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluevolt View Post
Instead of booking tickets online in advance can I purchase tickets on the Expo day from the venue itself?
Yes,you can. But I'd advise you to get it before. It's madness at the last minute.
In Jan 2012 I went on the media day, that was smooth. I went a second time on the second last day of th expo, hoping to buy tickets at the venue. The general days were mad. It was terribly crowded. Reached at 1ish, they did have windows for selling tickets but they had 'run out' of passes. We felt bad for coming all the way and didn't give in. We found a chap right outside selling tickets for double-triple the price.
promit is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 12:34   #68
Distinguished - BHPian

Auto Expo 2014 preview !

The Mega Auto Expo 2014 Thread: General Discussion, Live Feed & Pics-0_0_0_0_70_http___i_haymarket_net_au_news_20131224052217_map.jpg

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-368400.aspx/2
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 13:47   #69
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by promit View Post
Yes,you can. But I'd advise you to get it before. It's madness at the last minute.
Last time around, this online ticket process was a bit mismanaged. While there was one long queue for visitors who wanted to buy tickets at the venue (ad-hoc), those with online tickets had to stand in another queue to exchange the printouts for physical entry passes. So at the end of the day, those with online tickets had no noticeable advantage over those who directly came to the venue and bought the tickets; defeated the whole purpose of booking online . How do I know?? I bought through bookmyshow last time around too, and was a victim of that ultra long second queue at 8am in the freezing January cold .

Perhaps the only reason to book online is to be assured of an entry, as opposed to the risk of getting turned back at the venue in case ad-hoc tickets get sold out quickly (again highly unlikely). I hope they have enough common sense this time around, but I would be prepared for the worst.

Quote:
In Jan 2012 I went on the media day, that was smooth. I went a second time on the second last day of th expo, hoping to buy tickets at the venue. The general days were mad. It was terribly crowded. Reached at 1ish, they did have windows for selling tickets but they had 'run out' of passes. We felt bad for coming all the way and didn't give in. We found a chap right outside selling tickets for double-triple the price.
+1, I totally agree. Sundays are to be avoided if one wants to enjoy the Expo in peace.

I've never been to an expo venue other than Pragati Maidan. I'm guessing, this time weekend attendance would be way lesser than what Pragati Maidan witnessed, owing to the new out-of-New Delhi location. Still, nothing like attending on peaceful weekdays.

Last edited by KarthikK : 24th December 2013 at 14:01.
Old 24th December 2013, 15:25   #70
Senior - BHPian

Expect "Something Interesting" in Auto Expo : RC Bhargava, Maruti Suzuki

Looks like Maruti is going to announce availability either a new Sedan or SUV.

As per Chairman of Maruti Suzuki, customers should expect something interesting it Auto Expo.

http://economictimes.indiatimes.com/...w/27850061.cms

I hope it is a new launch and not a facelift for Sx4 / Swift which is also in pipeline.
NetfreakBombay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 23:11   #71
BHPian

Re: Expect "Something Interesting" in Auto Expo : RC Bhargava, Maruti Suzuki

Mr.Bhargava must be hinting on new launches like the new sedan that may replace the SX4. Since, the test mules have been spotted so many times, they may showcase the product in this expo. Moreover another hatchback is also in the pipeline along with a small commercial vehicle. This combination of new products will definitely bring more interest at the Maruti stall this time.
mints21 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2013, 23:40   #72
BHPian

Suzuki and Maruti are mostly about small cars, and they haven't made ay significant noise in the small car market.
Estilo and the A-star are history now.
Ritz is following the other two.
Wagon-R still selling, but is as boring as ever.
Applying make-up to the swift, every year is still reaping rewards.

But there is very little for a car enthusiast from the Maruti stable.
Swift essentially is another tall boy of a car, with skimpy tyres (Not the Z variant), decent engine, lowered quality materials, and yet selling like hot cakes.

I wish Maruti comes up with another Polo/Fiesta kind of a low slung hatch back, with their 1.6 engines, or even the new turbo petrol engines. I also wish that their new cars come with better music systems, better sound insulation, better paint quality and tougher materials.
Is it too much to expect?

Maruti is sure the winner in our market, but I dont see that they care enough.
vinya_jag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 00:03   #73
Team-BHP Support

Instead of launching that disgraceful monstrosity called the Swift RS, they should've waited and launched it with the Ertiga's 1.4 Petrol under the hood (if technically feasible), with top-notch equipment to match. A real Swift RS. Now that would grab some eyeballs.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th December 2013 at 00:09.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 01:22   #74
Senior - BHPian

My bet: YL7/A-Wind Concept/new Global Alto.

Cheers,

Jay
JayPrashanth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th December 2013, 01:58   #75
BHPian

Something interesting they say? Please bring the old jelly bean Zen back.
Sherlocked is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks