View Poll Results: Safari DICOR/ Scorpio CRDE
Tata Safari DICOR 176 56.05%
Mahinra Scorpio CRDE 138 43.95%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 7th May 2006, 21:50   #76
BHPian

"Yesterday saw an all white Safari Dicor with shining alloys and fulll tints. Boy did it look good!"

I think Safari in Black and a shade of blue ( dont know what it is called ) also looks real good.

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Please use the "Quote" feature when you want to refer to other's specific comments.

Last edited by Mpower : 8th May 2006 at 03:33.
Old 8th May 2006, 13:28   #77
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12
Becuase if as you say 70% is base version , you must be meaning scorpio 2.6 and not scorpio 2.6 Dx .
Hmmm...Ok, perhaps I got mixed up there a li'l bit. By base version, I meant both the 2.6 and the DX versions; I did not count them as three categories, base middle and top; just as fully loaded OR base. Yeah, sorry for that confusion. I meant 70% as in CUMULATIVE sales for 2.6 AND 2.6 DX.

Yup, like we said; the customer IS king. As for the Safari's shade of blue, I think you meant Fiji blue.
Old 8th May 2006, 13:45   #78
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
As for the Safari's shade of blue, I think you meant Fiji blue.
I think he meant Arizona Blue which looks a lot like black at night.
Old 8th May 2006, 18:10   #79
BHPian

Arizona Blue it is..Thx.

IMO , in Flesh the vehicle looks much better and solid than the photos on the website..especially in this colour.
Old 12th May 2006, 17:53   #80
BHPian

I know it is a matter of personal choice, and based on it I am saying the tail of the new scorpio looks downright ugly.

The styling of the old scorpio was smart, and with the new style it looks that M&M is walking backwards at least in the design department.

Compared to it Safari is lot better. And yes one look and you can tell if it is Dicor or the old turbo.

Yes Scorpio also manages it but it shouts " See I am the New Scorpio "

By the way all the new tit bits are just show no go. Even the top portion of the Ugly Tail lamp does not light up in night. I am not going into the Air dam and the aftermarket bonnet scoop.

Again beauty lies in the eye of the beholder.

I did test drive the new scorpio. Again a matter of personal choise, to me anything else will do.

The suspension has improved a lot but still it is not so confidence inspiring.

The highly controversial brake. I remembered the first day I drove an ambassador. Believe me the brakes of my oldest truck has better brakes. And it was empty, I don't know what would have been with a full load.

Still it rolls like hell, maybe the safari rolls more but still it is more assuring than Scorpio. The front of the scorpio is too soft for a car like scorpio.

Tata quality is nothing to write about, but if you keep track of developments, it has improved a lot. Atleast on the reliability front.

Mind it I am commenting on the overall tata quality only, not being specific to safari, as I do not own a safari long enough to comment on it, mayebe bro steeriod will be able to shed some light on it.

Overall to me in this hills of meghalaya Safari will be the choosen one.

Yeah I do have some brief encouners with these old as well as new safari.
Old 23rd June 2006, 19:36   #81
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by devarshi84
The new safari came. new looks, new engine, better power, better FE, better everything.

The new scorpio came. better handling, better engine, better looks.

These two Indian manufacturers are going places already.

But which of these two is a better vehicle in your opinion?
Yeppp.. sounds cool.. might go for it..
I m finding Value in SAfari Now
Old 23rd June 2006, 22:04   #82
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by veyron1
well, let's see; firstly, i would wait for the test drive of the new scorpio, both by the mags and personally, before jumping any guns here; but let's weigh out the pros and cons here;

SAFARI:
1) GREAT seat comfort.
2) spacious.
3) massive street presence.
4) a class ahead.
5) mesmerising looks.
6) well-equipped.
7) handling average.
8) poor build quality.
9) a great steam engine.

SCORPIO:
1) comfort-wise; okay
2) it's a genuine 8-seater.
3) great engine and performance (better than DICOR).
4) fuel-efficient.
5) looks okay; but definitely a notch below safari.
6) build quality MUCH better; no rattles or squeaks after 20,000 kms.
7) handling and brakes poor at highway speeds; but the new scorpio could be better.
8) better resale value.
9) less cumbersome to drive and maintain.

now, both are value for money SUV's (the scorpio comes with 4x4 officially now- so it's a SUV); let's wait for the test drives, and have an actual shootout later....
who said scorpio is fuel efficient my brother has a scorpio and it does not give's more than 10km/l. but my brother's brother in law says that his dicor gives 12km/l both combined city and highway
Old 23rd June 2006, 22:40   #83
BHPian

talking about quality scorpio rear quaterpanels starts to rust cause their so called air extractors don't believe me just look at inside of rear quaterpanels and u'll find that water during rains or during pressure washing seeps in and this causes rust and power window buttons with time just give's away and speedo knob starts to rattle like and oldie and it dicor has got a 407 engine than scorpio got an tractor engine belive me it a refined version (it is a pushrod based engine just like a tractor and if u read the first review of scorpio in overdrive then picture would be very clear to you) and top gear said that (in their score and dicor comparison) that scorpio has now got improved handing but nowhere so safrai class the only place where scorpio is ahead of safari is performance( i also agree with that) but it can't be the deciding factor. tell me how many times u'll do 0-100, i've tried it many times but people won't let me do that. these are not car or suv's which are meant to do 0-100 drag. and ya scorpio is a very good car but safari is great suv not a car so its only matter of one's choice as one day i would like to drive scorpio and other day dicor so its only matter of choice both can't be compared at least what i think cause scorpio is car not suv but safari is and suv is meant to be as comfortable as possible not to be as fast as possible. but car is.

Note from support team: Use punctuation. Use readable english. Your next post without these will be deleted.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 24th June 2006 at 17:00.
overdose14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2006, 13:22   #84
BHPian

I find Scorpio better at resale, FE and maintenance. Tatas can't be trusted for maintenance at least, doesn't matter how refined product they are rolling out. Safari isn't a great vechile till date despite of its almost 10 years' evolution. Scorpio is not great either, but no Scorpio owner cries like a Safari owner.

In new Scorpio, I didn't like the tail-lamps! :(
Old 24th June 2006, 14:48   #85
BHPian

Scorpio Rocks! no doubt of it, its in such high demand in Hyd, that a waitin period of 1 to 1.5 months is there for it. and now its like its become soo common, that everywhere u see u do find scropios! Safari's hmm... well i rather not comment coz m a diehard tata hater

but scorpio rocks all the way!

and abt manufacturers going places with these new inventions, well TATA is going NOWHERE with their Safaris! while Mahindra sure is going places with its improvements in Scorpio.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:10   #86
BHPian

I bought the Safari. Now I AM the owner of the beast. The beast handles well. It has drop dead good looks. As far as the sounds from the rear, when did I ever tell that I was not schizophrenic.
Old 12th September 2006, 19:30   #87
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666
Now I AM the owner of the beast.
And you have the number of the beast, at least for old Iron Maiden fans. Congrats.
Old 14th September 2006, 01:15   #88
BHPian

i have been driving a safari since long (older 90 bhp TCIC engine), and got an oppourtunity to take a brand new scorpio to pune. not being biased guys but the handling,ride quality,interior space on the safari is leagues ahead. only plus point in the scorpio is its engine, but it does not give the driver the assurance or satisfaction at high speeds like a safari would give. the real test would be when both the machines are equippped with the new 2.2 litre engines. (i will be still rooting for the safari)
Old 14th September 2006, 10:22   #89
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeis
In new Scorpio, I didn't like the tail-lamps! :(
Makes it look more like a Chhamiya (a hindi word, couldn't find an english word that is exact translation) rather than a macho-vehicle.
Old 23rd September 2006, 23:43   #90
Senior - BHPian

I guess that people's views must have changed with the recent price revision.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks