View Poll Results: Safari DICOR/ Scorpio CRDE
Tata Safari DICOR 176 56.05%
Mahinra Scorpio CRDE 138 43.95%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 17:59   #196
BHPian

My vote goes to Scorpio for its great responsive and refined engine & rugged looks compared to the dicor's dated design & sluggish engine. The rear seat comfort of a safari is not forgotten here but my car is for me to drive.

The Dealership experience will be in poles atleast in south which will be in favour of Safari.
Old 21st June 2007, 16:16   #197
BHPian

scorpio is way ahead in ride, comfort and handling...i have been driving it for the last three years and my only problem was that it did not have a powerful engine to support it...and now the dicor has come in...and have already booked one...will be getting it in a couple of days..
its my personal openion, i have driven a scoripio the latest version that belongs to my cousin...the engine is very refined and handling in city is good..but always don't look at the driver..but also look for the comfort of other passengers in the car...
i think everyone would have known by now, to whom my vote is for...

Hey guys...i think the best way would be to take along the Scorpio owners also to the "Tata Safari" into the Himalayas drive. I think this will tell what exactly the safari owners mean when they say safari is better.

Last edited by tsk1979 : 21st June 2007 at 17:53.
Old 21st June 2007, 17:54   #198
Team-BHP Support

I think comfort depends on the size of your passengers.
I am 6'2" and find scorpio legroom worse than an indigo. Esp in the front seat. It feels as if I am sitting in a raised Alto.
Old 21st June 2007, 18:43   #199
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by babureddy View Post
scorpio is way ahead in ride, comfort and handling...i have been driving it for the last three years and my only problem was that it did not have a powerful engine to support it...and now the dicor has come in...and have already booked one...will be getting it in a couple of days..
Excuse me but you meant Safari, right ? At least, the rest of the sentence seems to suggest that........
Old 21st June 2007, 18:45   #200
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
I am 6'2" and find scorpio legroom worse than an indigo. Esp in the front seat. It feels as if I am sitting in a raised Alto.
Lets say this.... safari is more comfortable by a long shot for passengers of various sizes.
Old 21st June 2007, 19:14   #201
BHPian

Quote:
its my personal openion, i have driven a scoripio the latest version that belongs to my cousin...the engine is very refined and handling in city is good..but always don't look at the driver..but also look for the comfort of other passengers in the car...

Hey guys...i think the best way would be to take along the Scorpio owners also to the "Tata Safari" into the Himalayas drive. I think this will tell what exactly the safari owners mean when they say safari is better.
Babu

Best of luck man, I had done the same thing, sold my scorpio and I am driving a Safari right now and I just cant stop cursing the day I made that decision. You are in for a rude awakening.
Old 21st June 2007, 21:43   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc View Post
Babu

Best of luck man, I had done the same thing, sold my scorpio and I am driving a Safari right now and I just cant stop cursing the day I made that decision. You are in for a rude awakening.
Have you shared your experiences with Safari on long term ownership section?
Old 21st June 2007, 21:46   #203
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Babu

Wow.. What are the issues you are facing that made you come to this state??
I agree with Honda dude.. share your experience with all of us..we might be able to help you sort things out or maybe you can tell us some problems and we can be better prepared for it.

Godfather
Old 21st June 2007, 22:45   #204
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Do tell us! When did you buy a Safari? What color and variant?

Last edited by Steeroid : 21st June 2007 at 22:47.
Old 22nd June 2007, 09:10   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Babu

Best of luck man, I had done the same thing, sold my scorpio and I am driving a Safari right now and I just cant stop cursing the day I made that decision.
Oops, when did you do that? Didnt I just read in another thread that you now have BOTH?
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:27   #206

Beast

hey Whose 4 X 4 model is more costlier ?
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:35   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsk1979 View Post
Its not comfortable for a tall Passenger/driver like you. Even the back bench. But i like the way it zooooms when you depress that pedal.
Old 22nd June 2007, 10:59   #208
BHPian

Guys I will correct myself if I have said things like I have both (may be I still do in my mind). I had bought a Scorpio in 2003, drove it close to 60000 Kms all the way to Gangotri, Goa, gandhidham, basically all ove India. In Dec 2006 I sold it off thinking I will buy a 2.2L.

While I was waiting for it I started driving my 2004 Safari (actually my brother's, who bought an endy) and that is when all my troubles started. The electricals are just not upto the mark, the A/C switches on whenever it feels like (not when you want it), I see oil leakages every time I move my car next morning, Power steering suddenly becomes very hard (I guess that is also leaking), I took the car for a short spin to Chikhaldhara and just a 15 km mountain road had it all huffing and puffing, I could hear the radiator from some 50 mts away from the car, it was as if the hose pipe is about to blow off. And while coming back one of the headlights failed on me and I was rueing my decision of taking the Safari for that 600 km spin.

I have already spent more than 10 times on this car in 5 months then I spent on my scorpio till the time I had it with me (and that was all on paid services).

I have done Indore to gangotri in June, I stayed on the hills for 10 days driving from gangotri to Auli to Kasoni, Almora, raniketh, naintal and never ever once I heard the Scorpio radiator groan on me, never ever the AC failed in the middle of summer, I dont remember the car or its electricals failing on me ever.

I agree that Safari has more space and I know space wise it might be perfect for my 6 ft.frame, I know it has more space in tha rear seats. I know that for some it is a better looking vehicle but all this does not matter, I want a trouble free car, not a car which I cant trust even if I to go for 100 -200 km spin. I dont want to look for a tool kit every time I go out. I dont want to assist the power windows to climb back to a close position when its motor is not powerfull enough to take it up and the engine pep and smoothness is just not there. I know I know you will tell me 3.0 Dicor is a lot better, but I have driven that too and yes it is lot better than the 2.0 L but still nowhere close to the Scorpio CRDe.

I am sorry if I am hurting that safari followers, but frankly I just cant stop comparing the two as I have owned one and own driving the other one now.
Old 22nd June 2007, 11:09   #209
BHPian

Quote:
scorpio changed to safari is way ahead in ride, comfort and handling...i have been driving it for the last three years and my only problem was that it did not have a powerful engine to support it...and now the dicor has come in...and have already booked one...will be getting it in a couple of days..
its my personal opinion, i have driven a scoripio the latest version that belongs to my cousin...the engine is very refined and handling in city is good..but always don't look at the driver..but also look for the comfort of other passengers in the car...

sorry guys this is my mistake...by mistake i typed it as scorpio, but it was indeed safari 2002 TCIC model that i had all these days and now i am changing it to dicore Lx quartz black...my mistake...
Old 22nd June 2007, 11:31   #210
BHPian

Quote:
I want a trouble free car, not a car which I cant trust even if I to go for 100 -200 km spin. I dont want to look for a tool kit every time I go out. .........................
I know I know you will tell me 3.0 Dicor is a lot better, but I have driven that too and yes it is lot better than the 2.0 L but still nowhere close to the Scorpio CRDe.
mate...looks like you have got into a safari with all the troubles put into it...but i started my safari experience with a second hand one, which was used by a person into granite and had granite quarries....so you should know how much he would have used it to...but still after i bought it...for other than normal service...i did not take it to the service station for anything major...except for getting it checked up before going in for some long trips...one of my longest was a complete AP trip, where i have travelled nearly around 10 for around 2k kms....never had any sort of issue...and with my family members...it included elderly people...none lamented anything about any kind of discomfort...
may be it all starts from our mind...if we love it at first sight...then irrespective of its problems we find it good...else even if it has all the good features in the world, but we still try to find problems in it...
but for me, nothing beats safari...this is my personal opinion though...
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks