View Poll Results: Safari DICOR/ Scorpio CRDE
Tata Safari DICOR 176 56.05%
Mahinra Scorpio CRDE 138 43.95%
Voters: 314. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:25   #256
Team-BHP Support

PLEASE!!!! STOP!!!! This discussion is becoming absolutely ABSURD!!!

Cars get involved in accidents that doesnt mean a car will or will not topple at 40 KMPH!!

I have driven scorpio enough and long and test drove safari's and both have high CG and cant be treated as cars. For that matter even the CRV has this issue but lot forgiving and that doesnt mean it will not topple if a wrong driving judgment is made.

All you need is a good stone at 40 kmph to topple a SUV or a car, now go imagine how to do it and save this thread
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:28   #257
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godfather View Post
@w 12.. I rest my case.

Godfather
Case dismissed. LOL

Come on guys, give it a break. I love my car, you love your car, so do all others. Surely, if the scorpio wants to lean over a bit, let it, there are a lot of people who love this car & has carried them successfully for many miles without toppling, lets leave it at that, shall we ??
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:35   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pogusingh View Post
I agree with Godfather.

But I think there are opinions( which are specific to each individual ) and then there is a truth. We all can feel different about different things but end of the day their must be a scientific( unbiased) way of finding which is better over the other.

If there are x,y,z... parameters that define the attributes of a vehicle and have weights w1,w2,w3 associated with them( defining the relative importance ); then sure there would be a formula which shall define only one winner.

Although this thread just seems to be doing a see-saw between opinions/experiences( and this is what is flavour of TBHP) but it is not defining a conclusion. Everybody has a feel/opinion and that has to be respected by the other. There are no two ways about it but may be we can look it from a different point of view as mentioned above.

What is other people opinion on this?

-POGU
Look like nobody has any opinions on my last post
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:44   #259
Team-BHP Support

pogu singji.. valid points BUT TBhp is a public forum by and for auto enthusiast and not a scientific community, and as long as opinions are by people there will be subjectivity and this is what keeps us all looking forward to the next thread.

Yes tons of experience and information is shared openly with bare minimum editing (for U rating). Its upto each on of the members to use this info, as well as ensure whatever they post is true to their actual experience and not subjective opinions which will not mislead new users in the forum.
Old 23rd June 2007, 20:46   #260
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
i have a friend who had just bought a new scorpio and he was going around 40 45 and he turned and the car toppled and he was badly injured

he couldn't explain how but he says he took a turn and the next thing he knew is the car is lying on its side

dude i think he is new at driving bigger vechicles.......
Old 23rd June 2007, 21:13   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
I was really surprised why you have not yet commented on this yet .
Good to see you here.
I totally agree with half the posts made in this topic.. Lets forget this car bashing shall we.

Godfather
Old 23rd June 2007, 21:36   #262
BANNED

Quote:
I was really surprised why you have not yet commented on this yet .
Good to see you here.
I totally agree with half the posts made in this topic.. Lets forget this car bashing shall we.

Godfather

ya godfatha... after all every one love their own vechicle...every vechicle has some good qualities some bad qualities as well....
Old 23rd June 2007, 21:40   #263
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
If TeamBhp was a real yardstick of Indian auto market.,

1. OHC / Vtec will still be selling in India , as it is the best car money can buy

2. Palios would be the most preferred small cars

3. Baleno would still be selling like hot cakes,,as it is a classy fast sedan

4. And logan has officialy not done well , even after selling 2800 cars in May and scorpios will roll at every curve so will be in body shops all the time.

Looking at the actual sales figures over a period of time will give you a better picture IMO..

It is very rare that enthusiasts define a market.
Coincidence that the palio has lost favour with team-bhp and swift diesel is the new king,coincidence that it has a 6 month waiting period.And the palio hardly sells again coincidence.

Coincidence that the logan took 45 days to sell nearly 2800 units[figures are from the day logan was launched and not of may alone] while another car took 20 days to outsell that coincidence again that it too found favor with team-bhp.

Similarly the honda civic VS toyota corolla story as well.

Coincidence that safari sales see a tremendous rise month on month,each month.

Last edited by rahul_intlad : 23rd June 2007 at 21:51.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:31   #264
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manikjeet View Post
will you mind showing me i haven't seen one and i have traveled all around punjab

in my pind (village) we people still consider a safari a status symbol and scorpio i no way near the respect the safari has in punjab

and i have friend who have bought scorpios and then sold them and got a safari
Take a trip to Bara Pind near Goraya and see for yourself. Also outside the Radisson in Jallandhar on the left hand side (as you come out of Radisson) there is a taxi stand, you can spot a few there parked next to Sumo and Qualis taxis. There were a few Safari and Scorpio taxis parked in Amritsar on my last visit. Also spotted a few Safari taxis in Sangrur and several under the flyover in Patiala (opposite the bus stand). You may even find some in Nakodar. My relatives also hired a Safari taxi for a trip from Jallandhar to Agra, so they certainly exist.

From my visits both have about equal status symbol in Punjab. Although in some areas of jallandhar doaba the Endeavour is now king. I visited a few pind around Phagwara where Mercedes are king, people do not even give a second glance towards Safari and Scorpio. There is even a unofficial Mercedes garage/service place near phagwara on the GT road.

Last edited by bigman : 24th June 2007 at 02:35.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:40   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zenopio View Post
No apparently this guy has driven at track meets. Not that it means anything to drive at a track meets. A guy from work used to take his TVR to track meets and his driving was not up to much .

Track meets do not turn you into a Stephane Peterhansel.
Old 24th June 2007, 02:43   #266
Senior - BHPian

Eh, what's the point, guys? Whoever likes the Safari will put down the Scorpio, and vice-versa. No one is stupid enough to like one car and buy another, so obviously if you own one, you like it more than the other. Yes, the Safari has niggles, yes, the owners are more open about it. Yes, the Scorpio has a better mill and is easier to drive in town, and yes, it blows engines and trannies more often.

All your quarrels will end the day you sit in a Toyota Land Cruiser. Nothing on God's green earth comes close to that thing.
Old 24th June 2007, 07:45   #267
BHPian

Quote:
@w 12.. I rest my case.

Godfather
If you still think you had a case to begin with , I rest my case as well.
Old 24th June 2007, 08:03   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_intlad View Post
Coincidence that the palio has lost favour with team-bhp and swift diesel is the new king,coincidence that it has a 6 month waiting period.And the palio hardly sells again coincidence.

Coincidence that the logan took 45 days to sell nearly 2800 units[figures are from the day logan was launched and not of may alone] while another car took 20 days to outsell that coincidence again that it too found favor with team-bhp.

Similarly the honda civic VS toyota corolla story as well.

Coincidence that safari sales see a tremendous rise month on month,each month.
1.If Logan is not doin well, as you claim ,,why was the name of te thread hanged to "late blooomer" from officially not done well ? The verdict on Logan was passed on 15t May , when it was not even launched all over India. and you are right it is just coincidence.

assuming they sold 2800 is in 45 days ,then it is 1900 in first month ..which is almost 50% of their capacity. does it mean a failure "officially" ? on 15th may , coincidentally it was proclaimed so.

the only thing which bloomed late here IMO is the realisation that the thread jumped the gun and started looking ridiculous.

2. it is also a coincidence that along with new improved Dicor engine , safaris also got a big correction in prices..helping in numbers sold. ( which incidentally are yet to catch up with scorpios , but are growing as you said )Now it has an engine which supplements the body at the right price , making it a complete package. If team Bhp wants to take credit for it , I have no issues.

3. Are you really saying that popularity of swift diesel and SX4 is bacause they are liked in T BHP ? the omni sells 6000+ every month and indica / gos 15000+ . coincidence ?
Old 24th June 2007, 10:31   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
2. Agreed . Let the buyer decide what is pro for him and what is con. Hearsay and misinformation on vehicles one does not own / know is not required.
Well, to do that, he would need to look at the Pros & Cons of the Scorpio as well - which none of the owners seem inclined to put up. I wonder why?

I mean, just saying that the Scorpio is the BEST without sharing an ownership experirnce seems weird to me......but that's my opinion. Or are we to understand that the Scorpio has no cons whatsoever - no niggles, no issues, period?

Do let me know your thoughts on this. Cheers
Old 24th June 2007, 13:38   #270
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by w 12 View Post
it is also a coincidence that along with new improved Dicor engine , safaris also got a big correction in prices..helping in numbers sold. ( which incidentally are yet to catch up with scorpios , but are growing as you said )
Actually, I think the Safari now outsells the Scorpio. Not 100% sure though.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks