Team-BHP - Safari DICOR vs Scorpio CRDE
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Safari DICOR vs Scorpio CRDE (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/11408-safari-dicor-vs-scorpio-crde.html)

The new safari came. new looks, new engine, better power, better FE, better everything.

The new scorpio came. better handling, better engine, better looks.

These two Indian manufacturers are going places already.

But which of these two is a better vehicle in your opinion?

the new scorpio seems tobe gud.. lets wait and see!!

The New Scropio than the Stupid Dicor..
Tho i like the Ad. but Ad's dont mean the Car is Good..

Safari comfort cant be beaten by Scorp. Lets see what the new Scorp can do. And Safari is S P A C I O U S than Scorp. And dont these two have a 1lac + price difference between them?

The Dicor cannot be beaten by scorpio crde.

well, let's see; firstly, i would wait for the test drive of the new scorpio, both by the mags and personally, before jumping any guns here; but let's weigh out the pros and cons here;

SAFARI:
1) GREAT seat comfort.
2) spacious.
3) massive street presence.
4) a class ahead.
5) mesmerising looks.
6) well-equipped.
7) handling average.
8) poor build quality.
9) a great steam engine.

SCORPIO:
1) comfort-wise; okay
2) it's a genuine 8-seater.
3) great engine and performance (better than DICOR).
4) fuel-efficient.
5) looks okay; but definitely a notch below safari.
6) build quality MUCH better; no rattles or squeaks after 20,000 kms.
7) handling and brakes poor at highway speeds; but the new scorpio could be better.
8) better resale value.
9) less cumbersome to drive and maintain.

now, both are value for money SUV's (the scorpio comes with 4x4 officially now- so it's a SUV); let's wait for the test drives, and have an actual shootout later....

I have always liked the safari more than scorpio.

the sleek edges of safari look better to me. But many people find scorpio more macho.

Its tough choice but I will choose safari.

Scorpio also competed with Qualis and competes with Tavera etc. However Dicor on the other hand competes as a lower end alternative to CRV and Endy... you can do the math!

I love the safari... but the new dicor is kinda half hearted attempt.
Half hearted Engine, Half Hearted Looks (IMHO previous safari looked much better viewed head on), no major revamp to the interiors.... The thing with safari is whenever you think about safari you always say "It could have been much better!".

PS. I voted for safari :P

Ha Ha HA... Cant wait to see what STEEROID is going to have to say about this... Someone actually compared (his pet) DICOR to a Scorpio!!

well for me its Mahinra Scorpio CRDE ...
it looks a lot better than DICOR...

in short
- if i have to drive one myself, it would be the scorpio - the handling was decent earlier, now it has become better ..
- if i have to be driven, it would be the safari - nothing as comfy and spacious ..

I have a look at the Safari torque spread, and can just imagine what the city driveabllity is. I havent driven the Dicor but the reports suggest the exact same problem.

I would go with the Scorpio here. Have driven the CRDe and loved the engine response.

GTO

I owuld choose the Dicor. Simply because I would not drive an SUV in the city and because I find the Scorpio too cramped.

i would go for scorpio for the following reasons.

1. price
2. engine
3. FE
4. 8 seater.
5. improved handling. (definitely should be better than the old one).
6. rear seat travel (increase leg room for middle row).
7. looks.