Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 13:14   #1501

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Sounds like renault makes cars to enable its lucrative beige upholstery business ;-)
Old 4th July 2012, 13:18   #1502
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Well well, the pricing as far as ex-showroom goes is quite ok by me. It's just that we are in Karnataka where the govt believes it has to tax the s&*t out of people and hence we'll end up paying more than 14L OTR.

The petrol strategy again baffles me. Why do we have mediocre petrol engines and with no equipment? Where is the demand? Who is the buyer? Why have such an offering at all in the first place where the petrol buyer is cheated on performance, safety and comfort??
octane_100 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 13:21   #1503
BHPian

Little sad with the pricing, 85 PS+ OP, should have been 10L OTR, now I will wait for something more to come in market to compare. Though going to ask for a test drive soon and see if the SUV has any surprise good feeling about it or not.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:21   #1504
BHPian

For me only the Duster and XUV occupy the same mind space, rest of the offerings are generations old and value offering hasn't matured much. With this line of thought, one can compare apple-to-apple the 85 RxL Diesel option pack to the XUV W6, cause the W8 on paper leaves the 110 RxZ in Dust

Comparing 85 RxL to XUV W6 on price, the Duster is / might be cheaper by about 1 to 1.5l ex-showroom chennai. This to me seems like a great price advantage. Whats to be seen is the fit, finish, maintainability, drive feel and A.S.S.

I had and still have my mind set on the Duster, need to do a T.D soon and a Team-BHP official review to guide (how soon will this be?)
Old 4th July 2012, 13:24   #1505
BHPian

Renault Duster RxE – 7.99 lakhs
Renault Duster RxL 85 PS – 8.99 lakhs
Renault Duster RxL 85 PS option pack – 9.99 lakhs

Seems like they have started with a Good price but they could not keep the momentum.

+ 1 Laks for just some added feature like Fog Lamp, Music System, Electric ORVM, Rear Wiper and Defogger and other minor interior changes.

++ 1 Laks for Alloy, ABS , Reverse parking, AC, Air Bag

It would have been nice to have some option in mix bag of the varient.

Last edited by Sowmya : 4th July 2012 at 13:25. Reason: Formatted ...
Old 4th July 2012, 13:29   #1506
Distinguished - BHPian

I find the pricing Normal, nothing to appreciate. The premium they are charging for higher 110hp variant is too much, its just a retuned engine, not an all new engine. Equipment list is quite basic, ABS and Front Airbags being the premium equipment in the list.

30k for leather only pack in top end is not worth spending. I'd prefer much better quality leather of my own choice from Stanley.

Let's not forget this is sold as world's cheapest SUV in other markets. Apart from ground clearance i do not see any point in picking it over Vento/Rapid. For utility purpose, the cheaper Ertiga is better or the hugely practical Innova at slightly higher premium looks like a better deal to me.

No longer on my Punto upgrade list, unless the 4wd arrives at a decent price.
.anshuman is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 13:29   #1507
BHPian

I think 85bhp top end (if you are okay with 5 seats) make sense at 11.5 OTR becasue there is no other SUV in that price range with all those bells and whistle. Apart from that everything else is priced high. Why we need to pay 1.5lakh just for 25more bhp.

Back to sqaure one for me, Safari GX here i come

-Ijeet
ijeet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 13:33   #1508
Senior - BHPian

bad pricing, absolutely nothing which motivates me to replace my SX4. A 4WD at that price could have been a right positioning.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:33   #1509
Senior - BHPian

The pricing , petrol , appeals to me as well the problem is what they are not giving in the top end variant for the petrol. For me it does not need to be at par with the top end diesel but it cant miss out on so much - yes the option pack will take care of a few items i am sure but that might be another 35-40,000 , which then starts denting the 'good' in the pricing.

How can the top end petrol not have some basic frills/items such as

1. Dual Airbags
2. Ally wheels
3. leather wrapped steering wheel ( ok not a deal breaker at all but still!! )
4. driver seat height adjustment

Reading this off their site

Some more footage from the launch for those who missed it

Last edited by puchoo : 4th July 2012 at 13:36.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:39   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puchoo View Post
The pricing , petrol , appeals to me as well the problem is what they are not giving in the top end variant for the petrol. For me it does not need to be at par with the top end diesel but it cant miss out on so much - yes the option pack will take care of a few items i am sure but that might be another 35-40,000 , which then starts denting the 'good' in the pricing.

How can the top end petrol not have some basic frills/items such as

1. Dual Airbags
2. Ally wheels
3. leather wrapped steering wheel ( ok not a deal breaker at all but still!! )
4. driver seat height adjustment

[/url]
Driver seat height adjustment is very important for me. It is sad that it is not even an option on variants other than Rxz, which does not appeal to me considering that they are charging a higher premium for a tuned engine with some trivial additions.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:40   #1511
BHPian

I was hoping "85 Bhp RxL + Option Pack" would be priced around 9L ex-showroom Delhi. This would have translated to a price of around 9.2 L ex-showroom Bangalore. Add to it the Road Tax of 15.5% (On ex-showroom) and other misc stuff and was looking at an On Road Price of ~11L.

Now that it is actually priced at 10L which would translate to ~10.2 L ex-showroom Bangalore. Add to it road tax which would be close to 2L (19.5% on ex-showroom). So the OTR would be close to 12.5 L.

Would have been great if Renault offered the 4x4 variant of "85 Bhp RxL + Option pack" at that price. Am I asking for too much for too little?

I did post about a lesser priced version of the Duster with Nissan badge being in the works a few days ago. Hope Nissan offers better pricing.

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhi.kedlaya View Post
Stumbled upon this Economic Times article regarding Renault-Nissan beefing up the production capacity to 8 L cars per year.

I found an interesting point in the article and I quote

"The aim is to penetrate all categories, right from entry-level cars to premium SUVs as well as sedans. And it is depending on cross badging--- replacing the branding trademark of one product to another to save on design and development cost of an all-new model - as a key strategy for this new product portfolio.

For instance, Renault-Nissan is considering cross badging of Nissan Sunny, Renault Duster and Nissan Evalia over the next few years with the aim of cutting development cost and lead time to launch their products in a buzzing Indian market. "

So looks like we can expect a cheaper Nissan branded Duster. That will make it an interesting proposition.

Here's the link to the complete article : Renault-Nissan to double output to 8 lakh units by 2015-16 - The Economic Times

Regards,
Abhi

Last edited by naut : 4th July 2012 at 13:46. Reason: Minor Correction
Old 4th July 2012, 13:42   #1512
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

As most members feel, the pricing is 1L on the higher side.

Nothing great is offered to deviate the Scorpio/ Safari SUV fans or the prospective premium sedan segment customers.

I dont think none of the recent sedan customers will cry over, like depicted in the 'Duster' ad.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:43   #1513
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lac

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
A delta of 1L from RxE to RxL for just some styling details and gadgets. No upgrade in safety equipment, not even alloys. Very sad.
Petrol does not even have the option pack.
So the 11.29 lacs for the top end 2WD Diesel 110BHP with all options should translate to about 13.50 lacs on Road Bangalore. CarWale says 13,51,995/- OTR BLR.
However at this price there would still be limited takers.

If they are able to squash in 4WD and price it at 14 on Road Bangalore, then that would be great. Quite unlikely though, Im thinking, given this pricing!

Last edited by shankar.balan : 4th July 2012 at 13:50.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:48   #1514
BANNED

All eyes on Ford EcoSport now.

Raw American pedigree, stylish demeanor and to add the ,'engine of the year' under the hood.

Something tells me, Ford will make sure they don't do a NFF and go the Figo way with the pricing.
Old 4th July 2012, 13:58   #1515
Senior - BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lac

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
So the 11.29 lacs for the top end 2WD Diesel 110BHP with all options should translate to about 13.50 lacs on Road Bangalore. CarWale says 13,51,995/- OTR BLR.
However at this price there would still be limited takers.
13.25 OTR for a 5 seater without 4WD is too high. Also, the A. S. S. of Renault is unknown. Hence I feel there would be few takers. Also, i am not sure whether there would be any takers for the petrol model.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks