Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th July 2012, 15:14   #1546
ACM
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
I am pretty much in the same boat. Came close to buying a pre-owned car. Thought of waiting to see how Duster fared.
Now, if it is indeed 75K over my budget and I go the pre-owned route and some time later I see a shiny Duster crossing me, would I be wishing (and cursing myself) to spend that extra 75K and bought a Duster instead? Or would I be glad that I didn't spend that 75K extra? That is my big question
You would be kicking yourself if the difference is only 75k between budget and real pricing.

That said the bigger question is if the people will go for the brand reach itself. Initial sales give car sales a boost in the long run. If a vehicle does not take off right from the start then the slow sales tend to put off prospective buyers.

The pricing is as expected.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:14   #1547
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 L

Quote:
Originally Posted by lohithrao View Post
Worlds cheapest SUV is definitly not cheap in India!
Am happy that i dint wait for the Duster..

I think Duster will fill in the space of "Fiat Adventure", i dont see it being a threat to Safari or Scorpio..
Oh Lohith. Why should you say that? Now I 'have' to buy Duster, as I couldn't let go of Fiat Adventure spiritually.
(OT alert) BTW. Did you get yourself Scorpio or Safari? I forgot,
Old 4th July 2012, 15:22   #1548
BHPian

Just got off the phone with the (Delhi)Dealer. It seems you can pick & choose the features in the 85hp Options pack & depending on that the OTR will vary. Can any of you guys confirm that independently from dealers of other regions?
Old 4th July 2012, 15:22   #1549
BHPian

Totally disappointed with the Pricing & utter lack of safety options in petrol.

In fact just shot off an email with frustration to Renault senior management for taking a call that customers who are fooling enough to buy petrol vehicles in India need to be annihilated from earth by not given any safety features even as an option.

Anyway now a looooooong wait for the Ford Eco-sport! Hope they also don’t disappoint!
Old 4th July 2012, 15:23   #1550
BHPian

I am one of the folks who had booked early. I missed the XUV first booking by a day and then I backed off as I tend to shy away from buying in a frenzy.

Now the wait times are too long and I am losing interest, and I was waiting for the Duster. My option would have been the 110 RXL at around 10, anything more and the XUV delivers too much value to ignore. Now the RXL is 9.99 but without airbags, the RXZ has middle AC which I don't fancy. Plus its just 50k less than the XUV which represents a significant leap in value than the Duster starting from engine, build quality, equipment levels, interiors, space, high speed stability and capability etc.

I am going to be cancelling the booking.

Last edited by raul : 4th July 2012 at 15:31.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:25   #1551
BHPian

I think there is some confusion here.. The RxL 110 variant does not have Passenger side airbag, but it does have Driver Airbag.
That apart, the only option for the 110 is to get Leather seats. And hence the extra 30k .
Old 4th July 2012, 15:28   #1552
BHPian

Duster is the VFM SUV across the world why are they trying to position it in a different segment in India!

Anyone looking to spend 13 lacs will look at what that 13 lacs can get him, be it a SUV, MUV or sedan. Its about what you get for the same price.
mac187 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:29   #1553
BHPian

The focus is on Diesel versions. But no airbags, ABS, BA in any of the two petrol variants! Are they serious!!
And how do you get the variants to differ exactly by 1 lakh?!!

Last edited by 2cents : 4th July 2012 at 15:31.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:30   #1554
Senior - BHPian

Came to know from sales staff that there is an option in accessories for a third row Child seat, front facing. It can be fixed or removed by clipping it to the hooks given in boot. The boot was huge.

Just came back after looking the demo car in showroom. It was the top model, the car looks good in person. People were actually booking cars on spot. It seems Renault has a winner this time.

Last edited by Ym-enjn : 4th July 2012 at 15:31.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:31   #1555
BHPian

Somehow, the top variant pricing fails to enthuse me. At 10.99L ex- showroom (NCR/ Delhi), I don't see the point when compared to the XUV500 W6 listing at 1,158,472, or the base Yeti Active 4x2 at 13.9L (but with sweet discounts). Or maybe but the Verito (based on the same platform, but of course more Spartan and now a 1.4 Diesel) maxes out at sub- 7L.

Edit, the Innova GX 7S BS-4 is 11,70,546 ex showroom!

Last edited by Yeldo : 4th July 2012 at 15:35.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:32   #1556
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sameerg001 View Post
Heck you can get yourself the proven Innova for same price. I don't think, anyone will buy duster over vento, rapid just for the sake of higher ground clearance.
Live with Civic for a while you may develop allergy for low ground clearance and book Duster. Talking about me
Why Duster Over Vento / Innova / Yeti ?
- Go anywhere vehicle. Call it ground clearance. (Don't care about offroad)
- Compact enough: Can't imagine lugging a 7 seater all alone many times.
- More knee room for driver than say, a Vento. Overall, better driver ergonomics.
- Practical: Fold the seats, you can carry a lot.
- Rugged: Our pot hole ridden roads are not disappearing soon.
- The view from SUV is superior to a sedan especially when driving in a scenic place. Matters to me!

Yeti offers all this and extra sophistication but it overshoots the budget. Scorpio ? Can't even decently sit in the driver seat forget living with it (Problem of being 6+).

Since I am in market for the top end I did not find a lot of issues with the features (except ESP). I still have to see the vehicle in flesh and take a test drive to decide. Price for the top end Diesel ? Lesser is better but if the vehicle is good enough don't mind paying 11.X ex-showroom. However, if I had been in market for a mid variant I would have been deeply disappointed with lack of ABS/Airbags.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 4th July 2012 at 15:35.
Old 4th July 2012, 15:34   #1557
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
I think there is some confusion here.. The RxL 110 variant does not have Passenger side airbag, but it does have Driver Airbag.
That apart, the only option for the 110 is to get Leather seats. And hence the extra 30k .
Hi BUXX, on the Renault site it clearly mentions no airbags for the RXL 110. Is it being communicated by the dealer?
Old 4th July 2012, 15:34   #1558
Senior - BHPian

the Renault website Renault, Renault Cars, Renault Car Manufacturer in India. simply doesn't come up. If they can't handle a few additional hits on their website I fail to understand how they can handle additional maintenance (Breakdown+Preventive) load due to Duster.
DieselFan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2012, 15:36   #1559
BHPian

Duster is going to be another Fluence and then we will see price drops or newer variants coming in. Reanault should have learned their lessons from Fluence launch. I really like the car when I drove it, but then the price is definitely on the higher side when you consider the engine on offer.

Better to wait till the end of the year for mouth watering discounts on Duster .
Old 4th July 2012, 15:37   #1560
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
Hi BUXX, on the Renault site it clearly mentions no airbags for the RXL 110. Is it being communicated by the dealer?
It says no " Dual Front Airbags" ... the reason for all this confusion.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks