Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2012, 00:13   #256
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Thanks! But then why is the Duster being tested for so long? Not sure of other brands because I have never really followed any of the new launches so very closely.
I guess the first test mule of Duster was caught just 3-4 months before. From the reports, the interior will be spruced up for India than the abroad versions. Not sure what other changes are getting in. To me, 6 months looks to be a decent time frame for a launch from spotting the test mules. But if they discover some serious issues during the testing, they may extend it as well. Duster anyway is scheduled for a May launch I guess - so don't think they are running late on schedule.
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2012, 09:18   #257
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Spoke to the dealer yesterday. He said,they would start the publicity and booking in April and the delivery is expected in June. The price would be less than 10 Lakh. I feel,the dealers are unaware of the facts,and just mention such things to keep the interest going in the vehicle. When the car is actually launched,there are many who are going to be disappointed.
Old 11th March 2012, 11:57   #258
BHPian

Duster had already been caught testing in Chennai earlier. This is not the first instance.

Renault Duster caught testing in Chennai, India
Old 11th March 2012, 11:57   #259
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
... unfortunately there is no 4x4 here which indeed was important from my perspective...
Is it confirmed that there is no 4x4?
Old 12th March 2012, 09:15   #260
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

From all indications yes - initially it will be only available in 4x2 to meet the price and requirement target as per their reading of the Indian market.

Perhaps later they might introduce a higher spec vehicle which might incorporate 4x4 as well.

This is why, since I was keen for a change, I went for the Yeti.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxx View Post
Is it confirmed that there is no 4x4?
Old 12th March 2012, 12:21   #261
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
From all indications yes - initially it will be only available in 4x2 to meet the price and requirement target as per their reading of the Indian market.
Perhaps later they might introduce a higher spec vehicle which might incorporate 4x4 as well.
This is why, since I was keen for a change, I went for the Yeti.
Cheers
Great going Shankar.

TD's the Fortuner & the Endeavour over the weekend however both rejected by the family.

Fortuner is too bland for the price it commands & Endeavour is way too huge and may have issues in parking at my place (which is already overflowing)

So it is now between the Duster & the XUV, though the family is partial to the XUV
Old 12th March 2012, 12:33   #262
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post

So it is now between the Duster & the XUV, though the family is partial to the XUV
I guess even with the launch of Duster, your family might be partial to XUV. Just look at the various features the XUV catalogue contains. As against that, the Duster would come across as Plain Jane.

Duster would rule purely on the basis of better driving capabilities and traditional SUV looks. XUV has a more premium feel to it and would interest buyers in a different bracket.
Old 12th March 2012, 12:46   #263
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Just look at the various features the XUV catalogue contains. As against that, the Duster would come across as Plain Jane.
We still don't have the full feature & spec list for Duster, so hold your horses, might be in for a surprise.
Old 12th March 2012, 12:58   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
We still don't have the full feature & spec list for Duster, so hold your horses, might be in for a surprise.
Addition to that, the quality comes to the consideration. Hope XUV is not filled with Chinese kind of Gadget

Giving feature is not a big deal rather we should consider the usability and reliability of the feature. Else the same feature can burn your pocket.

Last edited by Sowmya : 12th March 2012 at 12:59. Reason: Removed extra formatting
Old 12th March 2012, 13:35   #265
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I guess even with the launch of Duster, your family might be partial to XUV. Just look at the various features the XUV catalogue contains. As against that, the Duster would come across as Plain Jane.

Duster would rule purely on the basis of better driving capabilities and traditional SUV looks. XUV has a more premium feel to it and would interest buyers in a different bracket.
Completely agreed with you. I had held up just on account of the niggles in the XUV5OO, I even had an offer from a friend who had a booking in the first lot to take it over.

I might as well try my luck in the next lot which should be hopefully better.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:16   #266
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
I might as well try my luck in the next lot which should be hopefully better.
Sorry for the off-topic.
@m_upreti
If you were looking at Fortuner/Endy, why not the Koleos and Captiva?
Old 12th March 2012, 15:22   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
We already have the specs available on Internet. Duster is already being sold under Dacia/ Renault badge in many countries and I doubt that even if they go for a major specs revamp (but why would they and why should they?), it would beat XUV500 on that front.

See, I will never buy XUV500 because it is too-much-of-a-vehicle-and-electronics (if there is such a thing) and I am myself keenly awaiting launch of Duster. However, I will totally understand why someone wouldn't buy Duster.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:29   #268
BHPian

Quote:
See, I will never buy XUV500 because it is too-much-of-a-vehicle-and-electronics (if there is such a thing) and I am myself keenly awaiting launch of Duster. However, I will totally understand why someone wouldn't buy Duster.
+1. IMO too many gadgets is not always a good thing. I am ok if the duster is equiped with minimal gadgets but offer safety features, solid build and reliability.
Old 12th March 2012, 15:31   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
Sorry for the off-topic.
@m_upreti
If you were looking at Fortuner/Endy, why not the Koleos and Captiva?
Given the price Koleos looks puny when compared to the Endeavour / Fortuner.

Captiva no, because I do not want to go for a crossover.

I may look at the just launched Pajero Sport, the only downside I see is that it would be a CKD for now and Mitshubishi is notorious for taking ages to have the parts shipped from Japan.
Old 13th March 2012, 17:21   #270
mxx
BHPian

Quote:
Captiva no, because I do not want to go for a crossover.
Duster and XUV are crossovers
mxx is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks