Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2012, 22:19   #361
dot
Senior - BHPian

Re: SCOOP: Camouflaged Renault Duster spotted testing in Mandya

Great find! Probably shows that launch is imminent.

What I liked is the size of the Duster in conjunction with the Swift in front. Looks like a proper SUV, not a grown up hatch!
Old 13th April 2012, 23:28   #362

Some specs found after further search

Renault Duster has a maximum engine power of 105 bhp @ 5750 rpm and maximum torque of 148 Nm @ 3750 rpm and it is fitted with Renault Duster petrol engine and has 1600 CC, 12 valves. (No Diesel ???)

The car is 4315 mm in length, 1822 mm in width and 1695 in height. The car can accommodate 5 people and has power steering

Excluding Headlamp Washer, Xenon Headlamps, ORVM Indicator, Renault Duster has parts like Trip Meter, Tachometer, Body Color Bumpers

Below is the official data from Renault India website

Stylish Chrome grille
Twin barrel headlamps
16'' Alloy Wheels, Front Fog Lamps
Keyless entry
ABS with Brake Assist & EBD
Dual front Airbags
Plush Leather Upholstery
4 Speaker Music System with USB, AUX-IN & Bluetooth Connectivity
Satellite Audio & phone control
Rear Defogger, rear wiper & washer
Electrically adjustable ORVMs
Rear parking sensors
A Boot capacity of 475 litres.
Old 14th April 2012, 02:07   #363
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureshpisharodi
Some specs found after further search

Renault Duster has a maximum engine power of 105 bhp @ 5750 rpm and maximum torque of 148 Nm @ 3750 rpm and it is fitted with Renault Duster petrol engine and has 1600 CC, 12 valves. (No Diesel ???)

The car is 4315 mm in length, 1822 mm in width and 1695 in height. The car can accommodate 5 people and has power steering

Excluding Headlamp Washer, Xenon Headlamps, ORVM Indicator, Renault Duster has parts like Trip Meter, Tachometer, Body Color Bumpers
Diesel is certainly there. Hopefully 85 bhp for 4x2 and 110 bhp step 4 version of the k9k engine from the recently launched Renault Fluence for it's 4x4 version. Both are 1.5 liters based on tried and tested Logan. What is not sure is if it will be launched with 4x4 option from the day of launch or will it be introduced later. Renault will also be importing Duster to UK though as Dacia and not as Renault. UK version will also be getting a 6 speed auto gearbox. Indian and UK versions will also be getting new interiors.
Old 14th April 2012, 05:31   #364
BHPian

Will they launch duster in 4x4 avtar ?
Old 14th April 2012, 09:42   #365
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
A test mule was spotted . It looks like the launch is around the corner and the official site is forecasting a June launch which most likely is correct. This information on June launch was added after the delay rumors in the media.
The only reason for so many rumers is that the company is not coming out with a clear meassage.
Old 14th April 2012, 10:07   #366
MAS
Senior - BHPian

It is a Renault Duster. More detailed discussions and many more images are on this thread. http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...po-2012-a.html

@sriny_blr: In the second picture, why is everyone driving on the right side of the median?

MODS: Request you to please merge the threads.
Old 14th April 2012, 12:29   #367
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gungeek
Will they launch duster in 4x4 avtar ?
Search for "Renault Duster offroad" in YouTube and you will find lot of videos.
Old 14th April 2012, 19:24   #368
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 :: EDIT: Scoop pictures on pag

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
@sriny_blr: In the second picture, why is everyone driving on the right side of the median?

MODS: Request you to please merge the threads.
Hi MAS,

As there was a Political rally on that day (10th) and traffic was chaos. Traffic cops were trying hard to manage all traffic on right side lane while the other side was blocked for the 'Politicians'

Cheers - Sreeni
Old 16th April 2012, 19:33   #369
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 :: EDIT: Scoop pictures on pag

Was generally browsing the web and came across: New Renault Duster car Prices, Latest Renault Duster car Prices in India, Renault Duster car price list

Did you know, Duster is one of the largest selling car in India??
Old 17th April 2012, 08:19   #370
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Was generally browsing the web and came across: New Renault Duster car Prices, Latest Renault Duster car Prices in India, Renault Duster car price list

Did you know, Duster is one of the largest selling car in India??
Full bogus info in the site, it says Duster from Renault is the largest selling model in India.
Old 17th April 2012, 16:56   #371
BHPian

After closely following this thread silently for more than one year and a guy who is owning ANHC for past three years in Chennai i strongly believe that this the right SUV to be had in our urban jungle reason, i have been loosing the battle with Chennai roads constantly bcz of its numerous speed breakers sometimes 5-6 within 200mt, potholes, pits, loose gravels, concrete blocks(courtesy ongoing metro train project) etc.

Therefore i have decided to arm myself with an SUV & i find this particular Duster a Made for Indian City vehicle & strongly recommend for chennaities with my experience to buy mini SUVs for the city driving and sedans for highways as in contrast i find the highways well maintained for comfortable ride in sedan nowadays.

Bhpians as renault has confirmed 16" with Alloy wheels what will be the right upsize tyres? are there any other mod needed to tackle our roads? please guide
Old 17th April 2012, 18:07   #372
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
Therefore i have decided to arm myself with an SUV & i find this particular Duster a Made for Indian City vehicle & strongly recommend for chennaities with my experience to buy mini SUVs for the city driving and sedans for highways as in contrast i find the highways well maintained for comfortable ride in sedan nowadays.

Bhpians as renault has confirmed 16" with Alloy wheels what will be the right upsize tyres? are there any other mod needed to tackle our roads? please guide
Given the videos on the net this seems to be a competent city & offroader.

16" is a good enough tyre size, my Scorpio can go anywhere on these (including minor river crossings and pavements)
m_upreti is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 19:15   #373
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dhanu@DJ View Post
A test mule was spotted . It looks like the launch is around the corner and the official site is forecasting a June launch which most likely is correct. This information on June launch was added after the delay rumors in the media.
where do you see that info on Renault's site? link pls?
Old 17th April 2012, 19:56   #374
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash
You are the true bhpian. The vehicle is not even released and you have started dreaming about the mods :-D.

From little research I have done, stock tyre size is 215/65 R16 and a good upsize would be 235/60 R16 with 0.3% error in odo. Yoko's geolanders ATS is also available in this size.

And did I not say I too have been dreaming this 4x4 for quite some time now :-D.
Harshavarthan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th April 2012, 22:48   #375
BHPian

Good news about Dacia Duster which is set to unveil in United Kingdom. It will be good if the expected price mentioned here is same or less for india made Renault Duster

Quote:
The Romanian budget brand will launch both 4X2 and 4×4 versions of the Duster in UK meaning both will be manufactured in India at the Renault-Nissan alliance plant in Oragadam, Chennai, from where it is exported.

Dacia has not revealed the official pricing of the Duster but the brand has said that the the Duster’s range will start from less than £10,000 (around 8 lakhs INR) for the front-wheel drive models, while 4×4 versions available from less than £12,500 (around 10 lakhs). In Britain, safety is taken more seriously than it is here in India and even the basic models will have electronic driver aids and safety features that Renault India can skip.

Dacia’s Duster has a different grill compared to Renault’s version. The first model arrives in UK dealerships in January of 2013.

Back home, the Duster’s launch has been pushed to pre-Diwali time period. It would be fantastic if the Duster retains its UK price tag for the Indian market as well. In the meantime, you can watch Jonny Smith’s from Fifth Gear reviewing the Duster.
Made-In-India Dacia Duster heads to the UK on June 28
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks