Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th April 2012, 23:16   #376
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

The latest Autobild mag dated 1st May 2012 says that there will be a 4x4 version in the top variant of the Duster. No news from the Renault company chaps so far though!
Old 18th April 2012, 11:03   #377
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 :: EDIT: Scoop pictures on pag

Good news i will be the first in Chennai to book if it comes in 4x4 avatar well said, i am quite surprised why is there so much of hesitation on part of Renault to bring 4x4 to India as both 2W & 4W are to be manufactured here and exported to other parts.

Well does Renault think 4W drive will increase the price of the vehicle exorbitantly ? or it will not sell in volumes? or Indians are mileage conscious? still give the customer the full choice to decide from the entire range, please Renault we hope you hear us this time and do no mistakes.

Last edited by sathyaprakash : 18th April 2012 at 11:09.
Old 19th April 2012, 09:36   #378
BHPian

Re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 :: EDIT: Scoop pictures on pag

If any one is interested.. there is a short video of a Duster caught testing in Chennai on Youtube.
Just search for " Renault Duster" and refine results to past 1 month.

Last edited by BUXX : 19th April 2012 at 10:02.
Old 19th April 2012, 11:15   #379
BHPian

Re: Renault Duster

I guess this is the final UK Duster and we will hopefully be getting the right hand drive version in India.
Harshavarthan is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 11:33   #380
BHPian

Quite an in depth video and details, just hope they price it right and have the diesel option (4x4 pls) with all the bells and whistles and renault finally would have a winner on their hands in India..cant wait to see it in the flesh. So would the launch be in June??
Old 19th April 2012, 14:52   #381
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
I guess this is the final UK Duster and we will hopefully be getting the right hand drive version in India.
Just read somewhere that the Duster that will be sold in UK will be manufactured in India, so expect a very good fit and finish. Also the duster is bieng launched in UK on 28th June so they might as well launch it in India first to see if there are any niggles and if they can be removed. Somehow I have a feeling that the production would have already started by now if they have to keep that 28th June milestone in mind.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:15   #382
BHPian

That's good news on the 4x4 front (fingers crossed). Hope that's true and you are sure to find me on day one to book it. Still waiting to see one in flesh. If june launch is true, I am sure the production would have started. Not sure sure why Renault is still playing "Hide-n-seek". They should share more details and hopefully give the Mahindras and the Tatas a run for their money in the SUV space.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:29   #383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranc

Just read somewhere that the Duster that will be sold in UK will be manufactured in India, so expect a very good fit and finish. Also the duster is bieng launched in UK on 28th June so they might as well launch it in India first to see if there are any niggles and if they can be removed. Somehow I have a feeling that the production would have already started by now if they have to keep that 28th June milestone in mind.
About June 28th launch, I too read it but the actual delivery in UK starts only by Jan 2013 and so probably we will get to try our hands by Q4 2012.

The above video shows the refreshed interiors. Note the door mounted window switch controls and the scoop in the dashboard which were not there in the earlier Dacia Duster models. I really don't expect any change from the car in this video and what will be manufactured in India except the left hand drive.
Old 19th April 2012, 16:44   #384
Senior - BHPian

Read somewhere that the launch will be in Oct 2012. Hope they give the 6 speed manual for relaxed driving on the highways.
Old 19th April 2012, 17:10   #385
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
That's good news on the 4x4 front (fingers crossed). Hope that's true and you are sure to find me on day one to book it. Still waiting to see one in flesh. If june launch is true, I am sure the production would have started. Not sure sure why Renault is still playing "Hide-n-seek". They should share more details and hopefully give the Mahindras and the Tatas a run for their money in the SUV space.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srishiva View Post
Read somewhere that the launch will be in Oct 2012. Hope they give the 6 speed manual for relaxed driving on the highways.
I guess we are asking too much now , or probably Renault is delaying the launch to add on to all the TBhpians wishlist without compromising on the price point.
Old 19th April 2012, 17:29   #386
BHPian

[quote=Harshavarthan;2751053]I guess this is the final UK Duster and we will hopefully be getting the right hand drive version in India.

Well this not for UK, certainly. In UK they drive just like us. I mean Right Hand Drive. we got this driving pattern from British only. I agree interiors are a little better.
liferocks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2012, 21:26   #387
BHPian

Quote:
2012 Renault Duster. Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour. - YouTube[/url]
Thanks for the video! Looks really nice, except for a few places where fit and finish is not really great. Like the front passenger side carpet. It was completely off.

Going a bit off-topic here, but do I see a Tata car standing next to Duster in the video? Is the old Indigo?
(Sorry for the bad ms paint job)

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-tata_car.jpg
Old 19th April 2012, 22:39   #388
BHPian

Quote:
2012 Renault Duster. Start Up, Engine, and In Depth Tour. - YouTube
Lots of interesting stuff from the video. Thanks!

These bits were particularly profound -
  • Horn on the left hand side stalks. Should definitely annoy Indian drivers!
  • Neatly finished dashboard and interiors. Massive boot!
  • Fit and finish - shut lines on the interiors and exteriors look impressive
  • attention to detail - the button that activates the parking lights are backlit and glow intermittently
  • rather noisy petrol engine
  • RENAULT - Please price it from 7L!!
Old 20th April 2012, 01:48   #389
vij
BHPian

7lac? No way man. I don't think that's going to happen!
Old 20th April 2012, 09:56   #390
BHPian

@designersf : glad someone noticed the horn placement!! Highly archaic design element. I think this is how it is also placed in Sumos/buses/trucks?

Another major pain point from that video is the rear seat space. Very very cramped. They should really cut down on the boot space and give more room in the rear seat.

Plus no rear AC vents. That is just not acceptable in India. Oh come on now.. !
AC cooling should be decent though.. after all it is sold in Morocco..

From a finish & refinement point of view, the Duster seems to disappoint. a noisy Petrol engine?? Diesel, I can understand..
I can barely hear/feel the engine purring in my 9 year old Alto !!

Otherwise , it still remains a strong product. Nissan should also consider launching its own clone of the Duster..

oh btw.. the Video seems to be of a used car rather than a new one..see the scratch on the front passenger side

Last edited by BUXX : 20th April 2012 at 09:58.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks