Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th April 2012, 18:28   #436
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Why are the mud flaps missing. I notices this on all the photographs of test mules posted.
I am also posting a wider question of why auto manufactures have stared treating mud flaps as non-essential and have stopped providing them. Does anyone know of any technical explanation?

Last edited by sumeshmani : 24th April 2012 at 18:31.
Old 24th April 2012, 20:05   #437
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Why are the mud flaps missing. I notices this on all the photographs of test mules posted.
I am also posting a wider question of why auto manufactures have stared treating mud flaps as non-essential and have stopped providing them. Does anyone know of any technical explanation?
I understand mud flaps were never a part of the offering traditionally (at least i had to buy them with my WagonR), though I got them as a standard fitment with my top end Scorpio but most manufacturers still treat them as accessories.
Old 25th April 2012, 00:57   #438
BHPian

I heard there will be no Automatic version on the Duster! Thats sad news if it is true.

I was looking for a small SUV with Automatic transmission and Diesel engine. :(

Last edited by Monster_BHP : 25th April 2012 at 00:58.
Old 25th April 2012, 01:43   #439
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster_BHP
I heard there will be no Automatic version on the Duster! Thats sad news if it is true.

I was looking for a small SUV with Automatic transmission and Diesel engine. :(
Don't be surprised if duster is launched with an auto box in India as renault will import an automatic duster to UK. But if in case it is launched in India, expect the price to be 13L+ price tag.
Old 25th April 2012, 06:36   #440
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Nice set of pics there Anand. Well done.

The Duster certainly looks purposeful on our roads. I am sure that with our penchant for "butch" vehicles this one will be a hit - regardless of trim levels, functionality and features. Whatever it is, it looks certainly that it will be a very good competitor for the Scorpio and other such vehicles - about time too!
Old 25th April 2012, 09:21   #441
BHPian

^ Looks like the 4WD is definitely not going to get launched in India. Not initially i.e

None of the pics of the test mules in India till now have sported the AWD badging..
Old 25th April 2012, 10:00   #442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^ Looks like the 4WD is definitely not going to get launched in India. Not initially i.e

None of the pics of the test mules in India till now have sported the AWD badging..
There may still be a possibility of AWD variant, as test mules anyway are debadged / taped so that any person viewing them cannot find out the brand / variant / version, unless they see from the inside. Till now, we have not seen any inside spy pics of the Dusters in India, and maybe that can shed some more light.

Regards,
Behemoth
Old 25th April 2012, 15:21   #443
BHPian

^^ the AWD badging on the Duster is on the Rear right side on the top of the badge that is masked in this picture ( area marked by the rectangle)

I am pretty sure that they do not wanna launch the AWD version.
beats me , why though..?
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-awd.jpg  

Old 25th April 2012, 15:31   #444
BHPian

This is a good one, take a look;
Old 25th April 2012, 16:29   #445
BHPian

The dust seems to be settling around (for me) around this Duster. The more is see the images the more I an disliking the looks. I do not feel its contemporary at all. In the interiors are great, I feel my City has better interiors (even if its the lighter shade). What is so great about it finally? Its a small SUV alright, we are not sure of the pricing yet so can not say if it will be truly affordable, no great engine to talk about, the design is not radical, neither is the concept new. I mean if I think now "am I waiting for the ecosport more or the duster" my heart and mind have drifted from the Duster to the Ford! I am not sure what is Renault's commitment in India in the long run, their dealership experiences etc. Rather than growing on, the images are growing down. The question that I have now is it worth the euphoria?
Agree is a segment first (affordable SUV). But is this the one?
Old 25th April 2012, 16:39   #446
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
Same with me. But for affordable you need to wait for a Maruti :(
Old 25th April 2012, 18:15   #447
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
The question that I have now is it worth the euphoria?
I agree with you but here is where i differ:
1. I am being optimistic about the speculations that Duster will be priced well. The British auto shows are expecting it to start at around 11,000 euros
2. A lot of the videos of Dacia Duster prove the vehicles off-road ability (not to a hard code level, but to a practical use level)
3. I can not find an sedan/suv in the 10L range that can seat 5 in comfort for long distance travel. I am waiting to see if Duster can do this. Then to add on, it has good boot space.
4. Engine, might be adequate, not so worried about that.
5. Interior, I am a little worried about it.
6. Renault in India, very worried about their long term survival and about the lack of service centers.
Old 25th April 2012, 19:02   #448
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ the AWD badging on the Duster is on the Rear right side on the top of the badge that is masked in this picture ( area marked by the rectangle)...I am pretty sure that they do not wanna launch the AWD version. beats me , why though..?
Not so sure that the 4WD label should be where you had marked it- check out this pic - a close up of the tail lamp area of the Duster with the 4WD badge - its placed higher up - near the intersection of the shut line of the boot and the rear glass - and that area appears to be masked in the Maroon Duster.
So - hope (hopefully) still blossom-eth in one's heart (!) that the 4WD may be launched, if not immediately on launch, at least some time onwards.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-daciadustertaillightmedium490_15.jpg  

Rigid Rotor is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th April 2012, 19:28   #449
BHPian

^^ sir.. you are a true optimist !
When I made that crude rectangle in MS Paint, I may not have been EXACT on the placement; but you ought to have caught my drift..!

I see now.. its not a badge , but a label.

Hope lingers on now.. !

Last edited by BUXX : 25th April 2012 at 19:30.
Old 28th April 2012, 11:42   #450
BHPian

Looking at the spy video posted on IndianAutosBlog, I feel the first two cars are 4x4 and the last one a 4x2(or is it just an optical illusion). Looking beneath the front bumber, I can see a difference, which suggests this theory. Or is it due to the difference in petrol and diesel engines? 4x4 gurus in Team-BHP can help with this perhaps.

Please download the image to see the areas which I have marked in red showing the difference. As this screenshot was taken off the video, I could not resize the image properly

Link
Renault Duster snagged once again by IAB reader

Also I find that the first two cars have a slightly blackened low beam, compared to the last car(again might be illusion). From what we know from the international models, the 4x4 has blackened headlamp clusters. Renault might have purposely used the non blackened cluster in 4x4 for testing in India, though small section still remains blackened
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-4.jpg  

Last edited by raj84 : 28th April 2012 at 11:48. Reason: change
raj84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks