Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:25   #481
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

^^ good to hear this clarifications on the 4X4 versions.. btw.. would a 4WD version not decrease the body roll and the under/oversteer issues?

btw.. w.r.t to the dimensions .. closest match I find is that of the Montero. or the CRV

Last edited by BUXX : 2nd May 2012 at 16:28.
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:38   #482
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ good to hear this clarifications on the 4X4 versions.. btw.. would a 4WD version not decrease the body roll and the under/oversteer issues?

btw.. w.r.t to the dimensions .. closest match I find is that of the Montero. or the CRV
Body roll is more to do with the aerodynamics and the CG of the vehicle & with an SUV it will be more on account of the stance whether it is a 4x4 or not.

If your take on dimensions is correct then this would be a huge vehicle since a Montero is larger than a Scorpio (I park mine next to a Montero), CRV almost equally long has a low height.
Old 2nd May 2012, 16:44   #483
BHPian

^^ my bad.. it is indeed similar in looks/dimensions to the Outlander.
Old 4th May 2012, 11:57   #484
BHPian

My bit of fuel for this thread.

Dacia has started taking pre-orders for Duster in UK with a 100 Pound deposit which one can pay online. Further, this article (Renault starts build-up for UK Dacia launch - Motoring News - Motoring - The Independent) sheds some light on the likely date of launch in UK.

We ofcourse expect the car to be launched in India just a little ahead before exports from India start happening.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:30   #485
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
4x4 is not required in normal driving conditions, unless you are a die hard off road enthusiast you will never feel the need of a 4x4. M800 & Nano's have gone to extremeties of Ladakh and back. My RWD Scorpio can go through small rivers and non existant roads.
I cannot agree to this statement. In the recent past I have been to several places where a 2 WD SUV would not go and I am not a die hard offroad enthusiast yet. I bought the 4x4 Bolero to be able to go anywhere. IMHO it is better to invest upfront for a 4 WD rather than think about the missed opportunity later.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:36   #486
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
My bit of fuel for this thread.

Dacia has started taking pre-orders for Duster in UK with a 100 Pound deposit which one can pay online. Further, this article (Renault starts build-up for UK Dacia launch - Motoring News - Motoring - The Independent) sheds some light on the likely date of launch in UK.

We ofcourse expect the car to be launched in India just a little ahead before exports from India start happening.
As per the above link, imports to UK will start in the begining of next year. So, even if we take that India launch will be a few months earlier, we are still looking at a Diwali launch and not June - July launch as discussed earlier. Ofcourse, at this moment all these are conjectures and only Renault knows what they are upto.
Old 4th May 2012, 15:43   #487
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
I cannot agree to this statement. In the recent past I have been to several places where a 2 WD SUV would not go and I am not a die hard offroad enthusiast yet. I bought the 4x4 Bolero to be able to go anywhere. IMHO it is better to invest upfront for a 4 WD rather than think about the missed opportunity later.
It depends on individual preferences, most of the people (I have friends with Fortuner, Montero, Pajero & even a Caymanne, Land Rover) with such vehicles hardly ever take them off the tarmac, and add to it the initial cost and maintenence so I personally prefer n recommend a RWD or FWD over a 4x4.
Old 4th May 2012, 16:49   #488
BHPian

Talked to a few dealers and they are confirming june end launch with delivery starting july. Also 4x4 is confirmed. There will be 3 variant in petrol and 2 in Diesel. booking will start only after launch
Old 4th May 2012, 17:16   #489
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
It depends on individual preferences, most of the people (I have friends with Fortuner, Montero, Pajero & even a Caymanne, Land Rover) with such vehicles hardly ever take them off the tarmac, and add to it the initial cost and maintenence so I personally prefer n recommend a RWD or FWD over a 4x4.
Ok, point noted. On a lighter note, the people who drive Fortuners, Pajeros and Land Rovers are busy making money, so no time for them to travel. People like me take out time to travel, so no money for us to buy those expensive vehicles . Jokes apart, I think people living up north and nort east i.e. closer to the Himalayas are more inclined towards buying 4 wd vehicles as there are so many options to use them without getting into hardcore offroading. Anyways, I am going off topic and it should be discussed in the other dedicated thread.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:23   #490
BHPian

Again, like my question on 4X4 improving under/over steer, i have another query which is .

I know that RWD helps avoid torque steer. Does it provide any other benefits over FWD cars?
Is the Duster 4x2 a RWD?

Last edited by sumeshmani : 4th May 2012 at 17:27.
Old 4th May 2012, 17:27   #491
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackPearl View Post
Ok, point noted. On a lighter note, the people who drive Fortuners, Pajeros and Land Rovers are busy making money, so no time for them to travel. People like me take out time to travel, so no money for us to buy those expensive vehicles . Jokes apart, I think people living up north and nort east i.e. closer to the Himalayas are more inclined towards buying 4 wd vehicles as there are so many options to use them without getting into hardcore offroading. Anyways, I am going off topic and it should be discussed in the other dedicated thread.
Absolutely right, I too am from the North, Nainital to be precise and i do miss the jeep trails and the real jeeps in Mumbai.

Back to the topic, I do really hope that Renault has plans for a 4x4, but going by the grapevine and whaterver I have discussed with the dealers it seems to be starting off with a basic offering to see the market and probably on the response come out with 4x4's
Old 4th May 2012, 19:10   #492
Senior - BHPian

ACI has reported fresh set of spy pics of the Duster. Refer below link:

Renault Duster spy pics - News - Autocar India

There appears to be the base variant (the white one) with the souped up one (Red Duster).
CARDEEP is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 4th May 2012, 20:49   #493
BHPian

That red/marron duster's interior pics are quite interesting! It has nice leather seats and looks like a six speed gear box!!

Heck! I am even loving the white one! Just bring it on Renualt .. pleeeeeaasssee ..!
Old 4th May 2012, 23:40   #494

Got another update from the Renault workshop's Manager -
The interiors of Duster in India will be more in line with those of Koleos and not like those of Logan/ Verito. I believe this should be true because the 1st info I got from them regarding the 2 differently tuned diesel engines has come out to be correct.

PS - When I asked wether they'd be soft touch like Koleos', I received mixed answers from the 2 Managers. Anyway expecting soft touch in a super-budget SUV is crazy :-p
Old 5th May 2012, 10:28   #495
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
ACI has reported fresh set of spy pics of the Duster. Refer below link:[/url]

There appears to be the base variant (the white one) with the souped up one (Red Duster).
Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
That red/marron duster's interior pics are quite interesting! It has nice leather seats and looks like a six speed gear box!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayushSRV View Post
Got another update from the Renault workshop's Manager -
The interiors of Duster in India will be more in line with those of Koleos and not like those of Logan/ Verito. I believe this should be true because the 1st info I got from them regarding the 2 differently tuned diesel engines has come out to be correct.
Duster is generating the same kind of excitement as the XUV500, lets hope Renault unvails is quickly and lives up to the expectations both in terms of the vehicle as well as pricing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks