Old 1st June 2012, 09:51   #646

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Even while i saw the vehicle it had great pickup and stability i think it is bcz of its low height while seeing lot of youtube videos i am sure it has lot of off road potential.

Any scoop about the launch of 4x4 will it be delayed indefinitely or they plan to launch it together with 4x2?
Old 1st June 2012, 09:56   #647

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Looks like one thing that got confirmed is the July launch and delivery of early august. Wonder if any of our mods got a early peek or a TD of the Duster lined-up soon? Not sure when I will get my hands on the duster for a TD, but a quick review from our mods surely will help in making our decision (maybe book without doing a TD ourseleves).
Old 1st June 2012, 10:05   #648

Ahoy!

My guess is that they probably will launch their top spec D Power 4WD with the 1.5 DCi Diesel 105-110BHP engine.

What will matter is the P-W-R & the Torque. Why do you think the 4x4 part will adversely affect the available power ?
Old 1st June 2012, 10:07   #649

Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
I think 4x4 will weigh a little more than 4x2. While 86 ps is good enough for 4x2, it may be less for 4x4.
How much difference will be there ?
It would be like having 1-2 people in the car along with you. Cars dont suffer from that noticeable a degradation in performance with that kinds of addnl weight.
Old 1st June 2012, 10:37   #650

Note from Mod: There are several spelling & grammatical errors in your posts. This negatively affects the board experience for other readers.

Kindly ensure that you proof-read your posts prior to submission. Also, it would be a good idea to use spell-checkers.

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2012 at 12:13.
sathyaprakash is offline   Received Infraction
Old 1st June 2012, 10:51   #651

Sorry buddy, I havent got that level of info. I used to receive reasonable info earlier but unfortunately those sources have dried up now.

As far as I know they will launch the 2WD versions first and follow through with the 4WD versions.

Ref your booking, I guess you will need to talk to your dealer.

I was also, like you, keen to buy one and have been following it as the Dacia Duster right from 2010 onwards.

Last year I kept on trying to find out whether they were indeed launching the 4x4 version - top spec with all the possible safety kit and so on.

If you remember, every single car magazine at the time said that for India, only the 4x2 would be launched. All these pointers caused me to lose patience. Plus there was a bit of internal havoc at Renault India. Added to that, their pricing of the Koleos was downright idiotic and their Fluence simply failed to inspire me. They began to do things slightly better with the launch of the Pulse.

I was, at the time, looking at the Duster as a sort of less expensive Yeti type, tough, solid, urban-utility vehicle, which is why I was dead keen on it but the delays in launching, lack of clarity, lack of 4x4 plus last year's scare about the possible arbitrary price increase on all Diesel cars and other such reasons, put me off completely.

I was in a bit of a hurry as I was getting quite tired of my Scorpio and hence went off and bought the Yeti. No regrets on that!

Last edited by GTO : 2nd June 2012 at 12:14. Reason: Quoted post deleted
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 13:45   #652

Did you know that the dacia Duster was in production in 1980 right upto 2006.It was called the Aro10 manufactured in romania.
Ever since i heard that the Duster is coming to india ,ive been searchin the net for more and more information about it.
Anyways back to the present now,i was on Renault's Brazilian site and it had a configurator for the duster.You can select the color etc etc.
Im not sure if the same features would be available here.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:13   #653

Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I sure hope not . 10L for the base diesel will be discouraging. I was hoping that even in the worst case I can get a mid range diesel for 10L OTR.
I dont think 10L for a base diesel is too bad at all. Post excise hikes, cars like SX4, Rapid cost well over 10lakhs for their base diesels, at least in bangalore. My assumption is that the base diesel would be decently loaded with features like ABS, 2 airbags etc and if it priced around 10-11, I think its a good deal. Just to put things in perspective, the mid end versions of the verna & vento are well over 11 lakhs.
Old 1st June 2012, 14:14   #654

Let me update here on some of the information that I received from my reliable sources.

- 110 hp will be available for sure in 4*2 version. 4*4 won't be available at least in 2012.

- And the 110hp version may be able to do 0-100 in 11+ seconds.

Last edited by rameshnanda : 1st June 2012 at 14:24.
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 15:41   #655
mxx

Originally Posted by raycers_honda View Post
Did you know that the dacia Duster was in production in 1980 right upto 2006.It was called the Aro10 manufactured in romania.
Ever since i heard that the Duster is coming to india ,ive been searchin the net for more and more information about it.
Anyways back to the present now,i was on Renault's Brazilian site and it had a configurator for the duster.You can select the color etc etc.
Im not sure if the same features would be available here.
Aro 10 was a completely different vehicle manufactured by company called Aro. It was sold as dacia duster in some markets(badge engineering) till its production stopped in 2006.

The current duster was built of logan platform and a completely different vehicle

Last edited by mxx : 1st June 2012 at 15:42.
Old 1st June 2012, 16:31   #656

Found this while driving on the GST road.

It seems, it was driven by an employee. Very Sedately as if he is driving his own car.

The Renault logo was almost visible if we watch the black tape keenly on the tailgate. Also, to some extent on the steering wheel.

The dci is more prominent though!

Maverick79.
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2816.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2818.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2819.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2821.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2824.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2826.jpg  

Maverick79 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 17:09   #657

Originally Posted by Maverick79 View Post
Found this while driving on the GST road.

It seems, it was driven by an employee. Very Sedately as if he is driving his own car.

The Renault logo was almost visible if we watch the black tape keenly on the tailgate. Also, to some extent on the steering wheel.

The dci is more prominent though!

Maverick79.
Could the interiors be built to a price? My suspicion is that the plastics aren't really top-notch based on how the steering wheel, the dash etc look. I hope i'm wrong but i'm expecting i20ish interior build quality, if not equipment levels.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:21   #658

If one can pay 10-11 lacs OTR BLR for some variant of a Scorpio, Safari, Verna, Ertiga or SX4 or Fiesta, then why not for an equally or more loaded, completely new SUV like the Duster?

My guess on the Top spec 4WD Duster pricing remains the same - around 14L OTR BLR.

I would say here that many people can apparently pay close to 17 lacs OTR BLR for an XUV500, which might be fully loaded with features but is yet to be proven and even now, in its current state, is full of niggles.

If we can still consider this to be great value pricing, then the Duster would also seem like excellent value, given that it is a proven concept and at least will be better finished than the XUV500 and relatively niggle free as well, in comparison.

I dont mean to take away from M&M XUV500 - they have tried to pack in a huge amount of value for the price they are charging but their fit, finish, attention to detail, attention to quality, standardization etc leaves a lot to be desired - too many compromises all over the place in my opinion.
However, since the Duster is already quite well proven internationally, atleast one can expect it to be well put together overall and therefore one can derive greater value from the same!

Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I dont think 10L for a base diesel is too bad at all. Post excise hikes, cars like SX4, Rapid cost well over 10lakhs for their base diesels, at least in bangalore. My assumption is that the base diesel would be decently loaded with features like ABS, 2 airbags etc and if it priced around 10-11, I think its a good deal. Just to put things in perspective, the mid end versions of the verna & vento are well over 11 lakhs.
shankar.balan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 17:28   #659

Looks like a low end variant. No steering mounted controls and all. Also, can see power window controls on the door panel. So the Logan styled controls not carried forward as some were worried. Interiors is not beigified. Hope they carry this forwared for top end variants too.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:29   #660
MAS

Thank you Maverick79.

Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
Looks like a low end variant. No steering mounted controls and all. Also, can see power window controls on the door panel. So the Logan styled controls not carried forward as some were worried.
The interior photo clearly shows that the power window switches on the respective doors (atleast for the front doors) (Yellow circle). As i would like to own this car at a later stage, I was irritated to imagine the power window switches on the console. Thank you Renault

I feel this is a higher variant. It has passenger airbags and the ones circled in red could be the steering controls, placed below the steering. Also, the ORVM seem to be electrically controlled (No stick provided for manual adjustment from inside)

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_2826.jpg

Last edited by MAS : 1st June 2012 at 17:43.
MAS is offline   (4) Thanks