Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2012, 17:48   #661
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
Good catch buddy. The car has a good stance, wide and not too high. The car should have good road grip and stability on the highway. 140-150 kmph is good and that too in a burst. Did you notice any black smoke when the Duster accelerated so fast?
No black smoke. I tried to catch up (my Wagon R cannot do 140 -150) with him but the guy was clever - he just turned around at the nearest U turn to the lane going back so that I will loose him.
Old 1st June 2012, 17:53   #662
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Thank you Maverick79.

The interior photo clearly shows that the power window switches on the respective doors (atleast for the front doors) (Yellow circle). As i would like to own this car at a later stage, I was irritated to imagine the power window switches on the console. Thank you Renault

I feel this is a higher variant. It has passenger airbags and the ones circled in red could be the steering controls, placed below the steering. Also, the ORVM seem to be electrically controlled (No stick provided for manual adjustment from inside)
Nice spotting there ! I am just hoping that Renault keeps the rear defogger and wiper on the lower variants.

The giveaway for a top end would be the alloys, so may be Maverick79 can enlighten us here.

I am just hoping that Renault can price the 4X2 with ABS,rear defogger & wiper for about 9L OTR i.e. same price as the Nissan Sunny XL 1.5 dCi
Old 1st June 2012, 17:57   #663
BHPian

Quote:
Thank you Maverick79.

The interior photo clearly shows that the power window switches on the respective doors (atleast for the front doors) (Yellow circle). As i would like to own this car at a later stage, I was irritated to imagine the power window switches on the console. Thank you Renault

I feel this is a higher variant. It has passenger airbags and the ones circled in red could be the steering controls, placed below the steering. Also, the ORVM seem to be electrically controlled (No stick provided for manual adjustment from inside)

Attachment 934961
Awesome observations there. Its indeed NOT the lower variant since it did not have manually adjustable ORVM's, it has Audio and Bluetooth controls (notice the red spot in the stalk and it will be mostly for call reject) and powerwindows. Its definitely not the base variant. The interiors look built for a cost and purpose though. But, if its solves what it is meant for, then it must be OK (if priced right). This one is getting interesting day by day. Bring it on Renault.
Old 1st June 2012, 18:05   #664
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by indivic View Post
I am just hoping that Renault keeps the rear defogger and wiper on the lower variants.

The giveaway for a top end would be the alloys, so may be Maverick79 can enlighten us here.
I missed the defogger and wipers on the outside The reverse parking sensors are also a give away.

This is the same car spotted by chennai-indian on page 43. It has alloy wheels and beyond dount is the top variant.

I have zoomed in and cropped the picture taken by chennai-indian.

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-untitled.jpg

Apologies to chennai-indian to pick his photo without his permission.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 18:12   #665
BHPian

Quote:
I missed the defogger and wipers on the outside The reverse parking sensors are also a give away.

This is the same car spotted by chennai-indian on page 43. It has alloy wheels and beyond dount is the top variant.

Apologies to chennai-indian to pick his photo without his permission.
@MAS no apologies required - You guys have spotted more in my snap that I ever could have!!
chennai-indian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2012, 21:28   #666
BHPian

The car looks so wide that I think 4 thin soul can be adjusted. I think I saw the same car in Hosur, a month back. It has a very good presence on road for sure.
Old 3rd June 2012, 10:59   #667
BHPian

Couple of days back, I randomly clicked on the 'Book a Test Ride' link on the Renault Duster's page, and got a different reply this time!
Sure the launch is really close by and I am expecting the car to take the market like fire in Jungle!
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-test_drive.jpg  

Old 3rd June 2012, 11:06   #668
BHPian

are'nt you guys a little apprehensive of the After sales support that Renault will offer? They are new in India, haven't sold much cars here...
Old 3rd June 2012, 13:39   #669
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
are'nt you guys a little apprehensive of the After sales support that Renault will offer? They are new in India, haven't sold much cars here...
I believe apprehensions will always be there till the time Renault does not settle down properly in India and expand their wafer thin network. The only consolation here, according to me, is that the 1.5 L engine has been put to thorough test on the Indian roads. Sure enough there are differences in the state of tune it is available right now, but don't think it should make a lot of difference in terms of reliability.

I am curious to know though, is approximately how much would the servicing and maintenance of Duster would cost. Maybe current Renault product owners can provide some insight on it. Like in terms of spare parts cost, availability, labor charges etc.
Old 4th June 2012, 09:30   #670
BHPian

Thanks for your inputs.
there is no doubt on Renault engines, but alas, that is the least of the concern; in today's cars.
Its the other components , the nick nacks , the niggles ; that make or break the ownership experience.

Can we start a Renault ownership thread ?? that will give a good place to collect feedback from existing owners on their cars.
Old 4th June 2012, 09:38   #671
Senior - BHPian

Duster launch on June 28. I heard this from one of my friend who went yesterday to TD the Fluence.
Old 4th June 2012, 09:49   #672
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Its the other components , the nick nacks , the niggles ; that make or break the ownership experience.

Can we start a Renault ownership thread ?? that will give a good place to collect feedback from existing owners on their cars.
+1, Like, XUV 5oo is a great product and at a wonderful price point. But then all of it vanishes when I read about the niggles which are faced by owners. (I do not own a XUV and mean no offense to anyone on the forum. Took this just an example since this is one of the latest offering in the market which took everyone by surprise)

If Renault can make sure Duster is mostly niggle free, could attract a lot of people in the long term. Something like the Hero Honda tag line for the the CD 100 .. 'Fill it, shut it, Forget it'!

I do not think, there are many Renault product owners as of date on our forum. So doubt about the variety of feedback, comments and ownership experiences. Not that we'll get false information, just that it would be very limited sampling (if you know what I mean). Moreover, it has to come from the owners themselves, instead of we starting a thread as non-owners as of now!
Old 4th June 2012, 10:52   #673
Senior - BHPian

Slightly OT, but guys, did anyone notice the lousy grammar in the mail from Renault Customer care? Didn't expect something like this from an European company. Lack of professionalism?
Old 4th June 2012, 11:26   #674
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mallumowgli View Post
Slightly OT, but guys, did anyone notice the lousy grammar in the mail from Renault Customer care? Didn't expect something like this from an European company. Lack of professionalism?
Feels like a dialogue from a movie, bit by bit and joined. Did Rajni write this?
Old 4th June 2012, 14:05   #675
Senior - BHPian

When I requested the brochure on the Renault website I received a reply from Customer care:

"Dear Sir,

Thanks for writing to Renault India Customer Care, as of now we have three products available that is Fluence, Koleos and Renault Pulse. Kindly request you let us know which product brochure you are looking out for so that the same details can be sent to you at the earliest."

In reply I said Duster. Within half an hour I received this e-mail. Sadly the mail does not specify the launch date & vaguely says the launch is in 2nd half 2012.

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster-brochure-reply-04-june-2012.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks