Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2012, 16:16   #1021
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrySky View Post
What optionals? I think there are no optional equipments that you can add to the RxZ variant.
Navigation, Leather seats and the Rear AC too is what we have heard till now.
Old 20th June 2012, 16:48   #1022
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Interesting video of the Duster up on Renault, Renault Cars, Renault Car Manufacturer in India. !
"Our Apologies to everyone who just bought a sedan!"
Tagline is "It's Big, It's Beautiful, It's Efficient"
Seems that they have dropped the "Shockingly affordable" positioning for India!

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 16:58   #1023
BHPian

^^ good catch , this ad series was released in the Mid East with those tag lines..
Old 20th June 2012, 17:23   #1024
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTNerd
Today in TOI Delhi edition, there was an ad from Skoda for Skoda yeti @12.99 lacs (active variant). Call it the 'Duster' effect
The duster not yet launched,but the effect can already be seen.
I except price cuts for other vehicles,reason not being Duster but the piling unsold stock of vehicles.
Toyota has stopped production of its petrol vehicles.
The diesel effect is also weening slowly and sales is at all time low.
I believe next few weeks would be the favourable time for buying a vehicle.
Be it a diesel or petrol.
Old 20th June 2012, 17:39   #1025
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Himadri shares the Duster Specifications with us

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster-specs.jpg
GTO is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 20th June 2012, 17:47   #1026
BHPian

So are the Airbags available only in RxZ variant. Strange that it offers option of airbags in 85PS-RxL version but not on 110PS RxL version.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:01   #1027
BHPian

Dropped a mail to Renault India for a brochure in the afternoon. They came back pretty quickly, providing the basic spec. They also mentioned that it will be launched in July.

Quote:
We are very glad to inform you that Renault Duster will be launched in India by the Month of July- 2012 . Once the car is launched the same will be intimated via our website Renault, Renault Cars, Renault Car Manufacturer in India. and various media also we would get in touch with to fix an appointment for the product Demonstration and a test drive .

Last edited by windsurfer : 20th June 2012 at 18:02.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:02   #1028
Senior - BHPian

Strange! The specs does not list the Kerb weight, only the gross weight. What is the kerb weight of the Indian spec Duster?
Old 20th June 2012, 18:05   #1029

If the optional pack can be provided for the 85 PS RxL version, then it should be ideally be available in the 110 PS RxL version also. However, in the brochure provided, nothing has been mentioned about optional pack in 110 PS RxL which seems quite strange.
Also, there is no mention about the navigation which earlier was supposed to be a part of the optional pack.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:17   #1030
BHPian

This spec sheet says 2+2 years/80K KM warranty. Its good that warranty is being offered upfront.
I found a couple of odd things, the petrol version does not get ABS and Airbags. Or is RxL applicable to petrol version also?
Old 20th June 2012, 18:24   #1031
BHPian

1. Indicator signal lights are separate on the steering console, one each for left and right and the middle circle seems to be hazard light indicator. There was single light earlier. Power window unit looks like after market ones. No one mentioned BT connectivity, as there are phone controls but no dial pad on the audio system, maybe its coupled with the navigation device.
I believe that's DTE on the mini display, if its showing 209 kms and tank is 1/4th for a 50 ltr. tank, What could be the FE for this 110 bhp engine?

2. Bonnet gas strut, rear passenger cabin lights on the sides, pocket behind the front seats, hydraulic steering, all good.

3. Why did they give parcel tray instead of that sliding cover, will it be easily reachable from inside the vehicle? The sliding one looked cool.

4. Did not like cream/beige interior, prefer all black with all black leather seat covers.

Here in north there seems to be a fetish for white colour vehicles and now I hate this colour on any vehicle but I have to change my opinion after looking at white one in the zigwheels drive.
White colour, Base model, no chrome, black alloys...hmm.

I would prefer 85 bhp dci base variant, will put my own seat covers, alloys, fog lamps & rear camera etc in lateral upgrades. 110 bhp would make more sense in 4x4 variant.

Personally I do not prefer electric ORVM, because when they break..and they do break, costs around 6-7 thousand bucks whereas a manual stalk ones will cost max 1000-1200, ditto for ORVM blinkers. Instead ABS could be offered standard on all variants.

I guess people should not worry much about niggles as it's a tried and tested vehicle and most of issues would have been taken care of.

I really wanted to buy a bolero, upgrading from my 1.4 petrol fiesta, now this seems like a good option. I sincerely hope this vehicle does well and does not go the fiat way. I'll wait for a few months, as learnt the hard way on the Notion Ink Adam deal.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
If the rear blower just a blower (seems like it might be connected to the AC unit, and now a mere fan for air circulation. Now when I look at the image below,

(Just re-posted it for convenience) What is this thing on the sides? Is that of sucking hot air (used during internal circulation or is that the cool air sucker, meaning its just a fan).?
It's a separate cooling unit as per zigwheels first drive article.
Old 20th June 2012, 18:34   #1032
BHPian

ACI reports Duster will be launched on 4th July.
It will be available in eight trims and three engine options including a 1.6 petrol.
Estimated price: 7.2L for base pertol going upto 12L for top end 108.5BHP K9K.

Link
Renault to launch Duster on July 4 - News - Autocar India
Old 20th June 2012, 19:00   #1033
Senior - BHPian

Dash, steering design looks similar to 2012 Dacia Lodgy
Old 20th June 2012, 19:00   #1034
BHPian

The Spec sheet is a bit strange, not sure of I am reading it correctly, but looks like Petrol has no safety features even as an option ?
Also seems there is no Split option for rear seat, it jut mentions foldable rear seat backrest ?
Old 20th June 2012, 19:05   #1035
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I found a couple of odd things, the petrol version does not get ABS and Airbags. Or is RxL applicable to petrol version also?
Come on we should be intelligent enough to understand that Duster running on petrol has divine grace to protect it, so it doesn't need extra safety features
Or on the other hand, life of customers not able to afford higher trims is not worth.

I know this post does not add any value as per forum's rule, so please delete it; But I found this distinction really funny!
Closed Thread

Most Viewed