Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:52   #1096
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Though Duster needs an ESP in that context, it has done a commendable job compared to other cars with that huge body. Can you imagine a Scorpio or Safari in that place
I think Duster was able to manage only because of the excessive skidding, which wasn't there in others. ABS worked, but is that much of skidding a good thing, i wonder?!
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:53   #1097
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdon View Post
Yes, Rxl with options may be a good buy if priced within 10L OTR Bangalore.

One thing to note, all Nissan cars both D & P have a service interval of 6 months or 10K kms, for Dci engine. Need to see if Renault keeps it same or a bigger interval. Shorter interval will increase the cost of ownership in my opinion.
a note on the Renault service interval below: This is taken from the Fluence ownership thread which has the same engine as the Duster , in both state of tunes :85 & 100hp.

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post2769557

15k for & from the 2nd service onwards... That's steep!
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:11   #1098
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raul View Post
From the elk tests of the Duster ESP looks like a necessity. Scary stuff.

Test dell'alce: cappottamenti vari senza ESP (Moose Test) - YouTube
IMO, the duster's entry speed was less. They should have shown the duster testing the way they have shown other cars. ESP is a must in all tall vehicles given the way they fare in emergency directional change situations.

I also wonder how would cars like i10, Wagon R, Santro, Eon, Innova, Scorpio, Safari, Xylo, etc. would cope in the above test. Wishing that one day the tests like the one in video is faced by all vehicles sold in India.
aaggoswami is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:17   #1099
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agbenny View Post
+1 :-)

It has something new. An SUV at an affordable price, Diesel with good quality materials. Long time players like Hyundai, Maruthi has never thought of this. M&M and Tata has still a long way with their cheap materials used, as I see the plastics are acceptable and design is welcoming. Overall a Good SUV for the Indian buyer for 10L!, which Ford, GM, HM didn't touched even after a decade of their presence.

I hope Renault will do it!
Though i agree with you, lets wait for final pricing from the Ranault. Till then its not worth praising it. If Renault price it on higher side then its not worth i guess. people will not buy it. Also A.S.S. is still a unknown territory. Lets hope they will take care of all these things.
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:22   #1100
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shineshine View Post
Though Duster needs an ESP in that context, it has done a commendable job compared to other cars with that huge body. Can you imagine a Scorpio or Safari in that place
A Scorpio or a Safari would have toppled over just by looking at the course.

The Duster seems to have good body control for a crossover SUV. This is where it's monocoque build is a definite advantage.
amitg79 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:25   #1101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cents

I think Duster was able to manage only because of the excessive skidding, which wasn't there in others. ABS worked, but is that much of skidding a good thing, i wonder?!
Thing to note about the Duster slalom is that the driver did his best to overturn the vehicle. While in the cases of the other cars, the drivers used counter steering to avoid a roll-over when sensing the vehicles' limit. I'm impressed by the stability of the Duster!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX
15k for & from the 2nd service onwards... That's steep!
Seriously steep. And a major factor to consider, since most people would buy this because it is a diesel and hence perceived to have lower overall cost of ownership even if it is more expensive to begin with
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:37   #1102
BHPian

Yes, but this fact will emerge to them later on only, when they have already bought the vehicle!

Even for the Duster, you can clearly see the " Renault recommends elf " sticker on the left side of the rear windshield..

15k is a huge amount for a service. I have never had to spend more than 7-8k on a normal service for either my Alto or the Santro !
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:36   #1103
BHPian

At 15k per service, how regular is the interval of service recommended for the Fluence? And would probably be for the Duster diesel?
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:49   #1104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by johy
At 15k per service, how regular is the interval of service recommended for the Fluence? And would probably be for the Duster diesel?
The service interval for the Fluence is 10k. Elf oil as recommended and used by Renault is expensive. The service on the Fluence costs approximately 12k. The Duster would be similar. Same engine and same oil being used.
mohandasnikhil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:11   #1105
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitg79

A Scorpio or a Safari would have toppled over just by looking at the course.

The Duster seems to have good body control for a crossover SUV. This is where it's monocoque build is a definite advantage.
Ha! Thats funny! But absolutely yes, neither the Scorpio nor Safari can safely pass that level of test in their current avatars.
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:31   #1106
BHPian

As per ET's report today, Duster to be launched in July, has already received over 1000 bookings.
Renault will be pricing it aggressively.
Expected price: 7L for base petrol, 8L for base diesel & 12L for top end version.

If this is true, Renault is on track to taste its first success in India.

Source
Renault's Duster to debut in July; price starting from Rs 7 lakh - The Economic Times
Old 22nd June 2012, 12:50   #1107
Senior - BHPian

Looks like RxL+Option will cost 10L ex-showroom, means close to 12L OTR here in Bangalore. I was expecting it under 10L OTR
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:30   #1108
BHPian

Just now enquired about Duster at Pune dealership.

1. Duster launch in first week of July.
2. Booking already started.
3. Price will be 10 to 15 lacs on road, Pune depending upon engine/varient

I feel the price is high for a 5 seater SUV made by a company which is not established or well known in India.
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:39   #1109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
Looks like RxL+Option will cost 10L ex-showroom, means close to 12L OTR here in Bangalore. I was expecting it under 10L OTR
going with S.MJet cost of 8L for RxE base 85 D , wont it be around 8.6 for RxL 85 D and around 9.2 or 9.4 for RxL 85 D with option pack ? goin along couldnt it be 9.5 for RxL 110 D and around 10.2 for RxZ 110 D ?

Just a while guess , and RENAULT price it as my guess
Old 22nd June 2012, 13:48   #1110

Only site where i could see pix of the steel wheeled low end variant:
2012 Renault Duster Review | Drive Arabia : Dubai Live >> UAE, Saudi, Oman, Qatar, Bahrain, Kuwait & GCC
shrek is offline   (1) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed