Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2012, 22:06   #1186
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Hi friends happened to meet Marc Nassif MD Renault India in my town vijayawada. He was here for the one year celebration of the local Renault showroom and also to handover the 250th car which was my uncles KOLEOS. In my short discussion with him couple of points i wanted share here

1. Duster 4*4 will come next year but they are not too enthusiastic for that varient. Only 5% customers are ready to pay for that model in their customer surveys.

2. Renault next launch the sedan will happen towards the end of this year.

3. Duster will be priced very competitively and the indication was 8 for the base diesel with one lak increase for each higher varients.

4. The specification mentioned in various blogs are not final and they have made some subsequent changes.

5. And finally the engine guard is made of plastic and a metal guard will be available as an option.
damodar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 25th June 2012, 22:12   #1187
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post

I guess most of the customers booking Duster right now are doing so to avoid the long waiting periods that has become the trend. The waiting period is so scary that customers are willing to risk the Rs. 2500 (or what ever the penalty amount is).
I thank all such customers, how risk it, buy the car early and then provide the rest of us with valuable feedback.
I too have booked one for 50K on 20th of this month but my dealer in Kolkata says the cancellation amount is 5K. When I asked them if its dealer's policy, the salesman told me it from Renault (I doubt, though I am sure it not from the above posts).
Further I couldn't mention the model (RxZ most likely) as the salesman offered me the liberty to choose that after launch.
Old 26th June 2012, 08:18   #1188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by agambhandari
For those who are confused between Duster and the EcoSport this might help..
Hi Agam, good work on the comparison but can you make one more with sizes of both car to scale. That would help us to appreciate both better.
Old 26th June 2012, 09:29   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
I too have booked one for 50K on 20th of this month but my dealer in Kolkata says the cancellation amount is 5K. When I asked them if its dealer's policy, the salesman told me it from Renault (I doubt, though I am sure it not from the above posts).
Further I couldn't mention the model (RxZ most likely) as the salesman offered me the liberty to choose that after launch.
The Renault booking form itself mentions that cancellation charges are 2500 Rs.
Old 26th June 2012, 10:23   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by damodar View Post
Hi friends happened to meet Marc Nassif MD Renault India in my town vijayawada. He was here for the one year celebration of the local Renault showroom and also to handover the 250th car which was my uncles KOLEOS. In my short discussion with him couple of points i wanted share here

1. Duster 4*4 will come next year but they are not too enthusiastic for that varient. Only 5% customers are ready to pay for that model in their customer surveys.

2. Renault next launch the sedan will happen towards the end of this year.

3. Duster will be priced very competitively and the indication was 8 for the base diesel with one lak increase for each higher varients.

4. The specification mentioned in various blogs are not final and they have made some subsequent changes.

5. And finally the engine guard is made of plastic and a metal guard will be available as an option.
1 lac difference is a lot for each variant !
Old 26th June 2012, 11:30   #1191
Distinguished - BHPian

It'll be very interesting to see the UK pricing (slated for 28 June) when they unveil the Duster at Goodwood: Dacia UK

If a Chennai-manufactured Duster can be priced at ex-showroom UK at 10,000 GBP (Shockingly Affordable :-), they had better price it reasonably here in India.

IMHO, we have been desperate for a diesel-powered, compact, no-nonsense, dependable, fuel-efficient SUV for ages. The Duster could well be a runaway hit if they price it correctly and will turn Renault into a household name across the country.

Have kept all possible appendages crossed that 'corporate greed / disconnect' will not take over at the last minute. They only need to see what happend to their own Koleos & Fluence apart from the Jazz, Aria and new Ford Fiesta!!!
Old 26th June 2012, 11:44   #1192
Senior - BHPian

Why are some dealers not willing to return the full booking amount upon cancellation? Bad move on the part of the dealers. I guess people should take this up with Renault.
Old 26th June 2012, 14:23   #1193

I had given a cheque of 1 lakh as a prebooking amount at Chennai,mount road showroom.They have not Banked the cheque and will do so only after the test drive and my confirmation.Aslo incase of cancellation of booking,they will return back the cheque !
Old 26th June 2012, 15:00   #1194
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
Why are some dealers not willing to return the full booking amount upon cancellation? Bad move on the part of the dealers. I guess people should take this up with Renault.
I dont think the Duster bookings have been authorised by Renault till date, it is the Dealers who are generating float & interest at the cost of people who want to jump the queue when the official launch happens, so the company cant be blamed or asked to take responsibility.
Old 26th June 2012, 15:10   #1195
BHPian

Got a call from Renault dealer this morning saying the cancellation charges have been removed since this is a new release. Who ever be it, Renault or dealer, its a good move.
Old 26th June 2012, 16:29   #1196
BHPian

Renault has officially launched the Bookings. Got a call back from their CC during the weekend ( since I had shown interest at their website)
Old 26th June 2012, 16:56   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjeetnair View Post
Aslo incase of cancellation of booking,they will return back the cheque !
Quote:
Originally Posted by himadrimondal View Post
Got a call from Renault dealer this morning saying the cancellation charges have been removed since this is a new release.
This is very good news . May be Renault finally stepped in and set the rules for the dealers.
Old 26th June 2012, 17:06   #1198
BHPian

Trident Renault claims to have 200+bookings already, and they were mentioning a price band of 8-14Lakhs onroad between versions, with a lead time of 6-8 weeks for delivery.

2.5k cancellation should not be a deal breaker, if early booking indeed translates to faster delivery. Amongst the recent launches (Ertiga), many who booked right at launch time are still waiting.
Old 26th June 2012, 17:11   #1199
BHPian

Received the following email from Renault today:

Thank you for enquiring about the Renault Duster. We appreciate your interest in wanting to know more about it. As a token of our appreciation towards your patience, we would like you to be amongst the first to know more about the Renault Duster and its core characteristics.

The Renault Duster will be:
Big on comfort and safety
Beautiful inside out
Efficient on fuel economy and performance

We are now on the verge of launching the Renault Duster and here's an exclusive preview of the pre-launch advertisement being released shortly. For the latest updates on the launch and commencement of bookings, kindly log on to our website – Renault, Renault Cars, Renault Car Manufacturer in India. and our fanpage on facebook – facebook.com/renault.co.in or call us on 1800 300 44444 (Toll free)
Old 26th June 2012, 17:27   #1200
Senior - BHPian

I received an email from Renault today with the below Video attached.

Thank you for enquiring about the Renault Duster. We appreciate your interest in wanting to know more about it. As a token of our appreciation towards your patience, we would like you to be amongst the first to know more about the Renault Duster and its core characteristics.

The Renault Duster will be:
Big on comfort and safety
Beautiful inside out
Efficient on fuel economy and performance

We are now on the verge of launching the Renault Duster and here's an exclusive preview of the pre-launch advertisement being released shortly. For the latest updates on the launch and commencement of bookings, kindly log on to our website – Renault, Renault Cars, Renault Car Manufacturer in India. and our fanpage on facebook – facebook.com/renault.co.in or call us on 1800 300 44444 (Toll free)

Renault India Duster Pre-Launch Advertisement

Last edited by h@r$h@l : 26th June 2012 at 17:29.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed