Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2012, 17:20   #1291
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan View Post
If the seat is well sculpted, they might be able to make one sit a bit "low down" so that the head room is released despite higher GC. but hopefully this is done with enough bolstering on the seat - otherwise, long drives will be a pain on the underthighs !

your right on the extra head room in the Scorpio - always wondered how bringing downt he roof a bit would make the Scorpio so much more meaner
Absolutely right for the Duster, and as far as the Scorpio is concerned M&M probably dosent want to invest on the fresh dies and retesting of the reworkd product but they did the height correction with the XUV

Last edited by m_upreti : 28th June 2012 at 17:23.
Old 28th June 2012, 17:54   #1292
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I was on a call with Renault dealer in Bangalore and he mentioned the price will be between 10-14 lacs OTR for all diesel variants
Old 28th June 2012, 18:36   #1293
BHPian

^ I second you, as i have received a similar call and they have asked me if i am free to come to Whitefield for a look at the vehicle.

And as i was traveling, i had to decline.

Coming to think of it, 10L + for 1.5 Ltr Duster is not worth the trouble of owning a new vehicle with wafer thin A$$.
Old 28th June 2012, 18:39   #1294
MAS
Senior - BHPian

There is simply too much speculation and confusion on the price of Duster. IMHO, it would be best to wait for its launch, which is 5 days away.

I am quite sure even the dealer will not know the actual price. They are simply used to the premium pricing strategy of Renault till date.
Old 28th June 2012, 19:19   #1295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kumarsiddhi View Post
I was on a call with Renault dealer in Bangalore and he mentioned the price will be between 10-14 lacs OTR for all diesel variants
If this is indeed true, many will be mighty disappointed. As someone aptly mentioned, 10-14 lacs for a vehicle with wafer thin after sales and not so great brand recognition, is little overboard.

In my IMO, 9-12lacs for diesel models should be ideal. We will have to wait for another week for the exact prices. Hope they price sensibly.

BTW, where is the much awaited official review? It will straighten out so many things!
Old 28th June 2012, 20:03   #1296
BHPian

http://220.226.4.67/renualtdynamic/n...uly%202012.pdf
http://220.226.4.67/renualtdynamic/n...uly%202012.pdf

Both mention lower prices.
I seriously doubt that Renault would let them publish that price tag AND then post the pdf on their website!
BUXX is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 20:06   #1297
BANNED

Infractions: 0/3 (12)

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayan

your right on the extra head room in the Scorpio - always wondered how bringing downt he roof a bit would make the Scorpio so much more meaner
Forget meaner! The blessed thing would immediately become more aerodynamic, better looking, less top heavy, less inclined to sway all over the place, improve its handling and high speed stability, decrease drag co-efficient, help in cornering, braking and handling bumps and the list will go on ad nauseam!
They should have stayed with the Bolero type flat roof instead of that curiously bulbous protuberance that the Scorpio has.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:13   #1298
Senior - BHPian

Launch On July 4, Mumbai, 7:30 p.m.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:20   #1299
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijeet

Thanks Shankar for the suggestion about used Captiva, It never crossed my mind. Though we never bought a single used vehicle till date in family but I am inclined now after reading GTO's pre-worshipped thread.

I checked Bangalore's captiva prices and as everyother thing in Bangy they are also over priced and way out of my budget. There are some good deals in Delhi but I am not sure how loan process going to work for that. Do banks have sometihng like pre-approved loan like one can get his/her load approoved and then look for a suitable car or I have to find a car first then apply for loan.

I think I am going OT for this thread, will refrain.

-Ijeet
We ll talk sometime. PM your number.
I agree Bangalore prices are atrocious indeed for used or even new cars.
And yes, you will have to source your car and then get your loan. I don't think our bankers are very easy with funding for out of state vehicles too. And do remember used car loan rates are rather hard. For used cars, try to pay full cash always. Far more financially efficient.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:35   #1300
BHPian

Another interesting difference - Dacia Duster in UK gets all disc brakes - both front and back whereas the Indian Duster gets only front Disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
Old 28th June 2012, 20:48   #1301
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarScream View Post
Launch On July 4, Mumbai, 7:30 p.m.
Where,How,When ? Is it going to be online or at a certain venue.
Would really like to see it in flesh.It Looks better than the suvs we get here.
Hope after the duster we get some good looking suvs.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:20   #1302
BHPian

Can I up the speculations here, I know its another 5 days, but I was trying very hard for last one month to get Duster price if I need to plan for it, obviously after the vehicle gets launched and initial lot of bookings get over...

So I got some prices from some near reliable sources(Bangalore Ex price)

Petrol Duster - 7.4
Diesel Duster 85PS - 7.9 - 10.2 (accross trim level)
Diesel Duster 110PS - 10.3 - 11.1 (accross trim level)

Lets see in a week if my sources were true
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2012, 21:23   #1303
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by dish
Another interesting difference - Dacia Duster in UK gets all disc brakes - both front and back whereas the Indian Duster gets only front Disc brakes and rear drum brakes.
Do you really expect much different, given the cost engineering that is so evident in the Indian 'beggar' spec Duster?
(Don't get offended I am merely using the same euphemism as BMW did for their China 'beggar edition' X1!)
Take even cars like the Polo and Fabia and Vento and Rapid and City and all the rest of them - they all get rear drums too.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:28   #1304

Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
What is the booking amount being collected in Bangalore? Can someone who made the booking in Bangalore please chime in? Are the dealers saying that there is a penalty in case of cancellation?

Thanks a lot in advance.

Kiran
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcz View Post
Thanks Ravi. Any word on when the vehicle will be ready for display? I guess test drives will start only after the official launch.

Thanks,
Kiran

They told me that vehicle will be coming in for display by July first week (around 4th) and they will give call once they for looking and TD once it is here.
Old 28th June 2012, 21:30   #1305
AWD
BHPian

Duster sure looks like a promising product but a bigger question that comes to mind, how well will Renault deliver? If Renault turns out to be Skodas sister or could it do a Peugeot, etc?

Im very unsure of its after sales service & costs standards. Later on spares availability & costs. Also concerned about reliability & aging. Would'nt it make sense to wait for sometime, say 6 months to a year to watch both product & company perform & then take a plunge or just book it & buy eyes closed?

Last edited by AWD : 28th June 2012 at 21:32.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed