Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2012, 12:29   #1321
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhatmaster View Post
Afrer asking about the pricing, the salesperson told RXL will be something arond 9.1 Ex Showrom Kolkata and RXZ will be adove 10.
This mean 85BHP with all Basic Safety feature will Cost 12+ Laks.

Basic safety is still a luxury for Indian Customer, is not it ? Till few years back tubeless tyre used to a premium in Indian Market while at rest of the world it was somewhat standard.

Seems to be end of the Era for this European Brand... Next target is EcoSport
Old 29th June 2012, 12:43   #1322
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Ridiculous pricing, if this is true. The Duster's main USP is VFM and they are killing that in India. Anything over 10L OTR and the XUV makes much more sense.
Old 29th June 2012, 12:58   #1323
Senior - BHPian

Interior plastic quality cannot command more than 10L for this vehicle. I was expecting RxL+options-alloys under 10L OTR
Old 29th June 2012, 12:58   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Lets wait for the official release of the prices before commenting on the demise of the Renault.

I dont know when will these manufacturers realize that cobbling together a suv using a hatchback and bigger tyres and pricing it at Scorpio/Safari/Xuv levels will not fly!!!!

I wonder why no one seems to be interested in the sweet spot between 7-9 lac OTR for these cars, which will make sales fly?? I mean even PAL thinks it can get away by charging 7lac OTR for the RiO!!!
Old 29th June 2012, 13:00   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Got a brochure from Renault Dealer, but Disel version seems to have only two model Rxl - 85 PS and RXZ - 110 PS. Attaching the same here.
Afrer asking about the pricing, the salesperson told RXL will be something arond 9.1 Ex Showrom Kolkata and RXZ will be adove 10.
This brochure says "Optional Pack in RxL 85 PS dCi". Does this mean these options are not on offer for the 110 PS? I understand that if all the options are applied then it will be same as RxZ, but one can choose the safety equipment alone. OR are all the options given as a single pack, forcing the user to choose everything or nothing.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:37   #1326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sowmya View Post
This mean 85BHP with all Basic Safety feature will Cost 12+ Laks.
I believe that quote would most probably be for 110ps RxL. I think the 85ps would be in 8K territory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
This brochure says "Optional Pack in RxL 85 PS dCi". Does this mean these options are not on offer for the 110 PS?
RxZ will have all the features, I believe option pack is there for the 85ps one, as they dont have a RxZ version for it.

I think we are getting just too worked up about the prices. Its just 4-5 days away, so we will know soon enough. If the prices in UK with shipping charges and import duties etc (car being shipped from Chennai) is an indication, it will be priced well.

Update: Price Comparison as Announced In UK
http://www.autoevolution.com/news/da...ced-46610.html
105ps Base Petrol = 8995£ => 7.8L
110 Ps RxL Equivalent = 11495£ => 10L
110ps RxZ Equivalent = 12,995£ => 11.3L

I think we should assume the prices to be at least 1L less in India as its locally manufactured.

So my guesses would be
~9L for 110ps RxL
~ 10.3L for 110ps RxZ
~8.3L for 85ps RxL (assuming its 70k cheaper than 110ps)

Unless of course Renault wants to play the premium card and gets greedy to cut a bigger deal locally.

Last edited by SkyWalker : 29th June 2012 at 13:52.
Old 29th June 2012, 13:43   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Why have they included the Alloy Wheels and Reverse Parking Sensor in the optional pack? For people who are interested only in the ABS and other safety features, these will not be really value for money. Also many would go for aftermarket alloys.
pjbiju is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 14:25   #1328
BHPian

Honestly this is the 1st brochure that is raising more questions than it provides answers. I am still confused if there will be a RxE model available for the 85 BHP diesel? Also option pack is another confusion. Hope things are clearer in the launch.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:26   #1329
BHPian

A little off topic post. Was frustrated that Duster does not come with ESP. MODS: Please delete it if not appropriate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by apachelongbow View Post
Esp, abs, ebd, park assist, 6 airbags, curtain airbags etc etc all are good and great to have...

Not belting seatbelts, placing a child unsecured on the front seats, placing matresses/gaddas on the floor to allow children to play, keeping pets unsecured in the boot of a suv, overloading luggage on top of a car tied with ropes... havent we all done that?
How about offering ESP for people who fasten ? A lot of people do. On a serious note, ESP PREVENTS accidents and seat belt comes into picture AFTER the accident. I know at least 3 independent accidents where my friends cars turned around in a free way on a slippery surface in Chicago when they tried to brake and do a small emergency lane change. Luckily, no one died. Had they had ESP it is very unlikely they would have got out of their line. I have personally experienced car going out of line when you suddenly change direction (forced to) on a slippery surface.

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
A bit (please excuse)..
Jago Re moment ? Well, its simply the the "perception" of cost of life in India.
There you go! I remember the Italy team had a black band in their arm yesterday for a solider's death in Afghanistan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
along with 'fire retardant' bl&&dy bl&sted BEIGE upholstery.
It is a severe insult to Indian intelligence when BEIGE, chrome, leather are offered but not ESP.

Last edited by idofsuresh : 29th June 2012 at 14:34.
Old 29th June 2012, 14:35   #1330
SRG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkyWalker View Post
Update: Price Comparison as Announced In UK
Dacia Duster UK Pricing Announced - autoevolution
105ps Base Petrol = 8995£ => 7.8L
110 Ps RxL Equivalent = 11495£ => 10L
110ps RxZ Equivalent = 12,995£ => 11.3L

I think we should assume the prices to be at least 1L less in India as its locally manufactured.

So my guesses would be
~9L for 110ps RxL
~ 10.3L for 110ps RxZ
~8.3L for 85ps RxL (assuming its 70k cheaper than 110ps)

Unless of course Renault wants to play the premium card and gets greedy to cut a bigger deal locally.
We should not forget that all the above prices are OTR UK, which means they include taxes too, albeit not sure how much.
SRG is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2012, 15:03   #1331

i have query,whether the option pack comes as a whole or we can pick and choose within the options ?
Old 29th June 2012, 15:50   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Got a brochure from Renault Dealer, but Disel version seems to have only two model Rxl - 85 PS and RXZ - 110 PS. Attaching the same here.
This happens to be the same brochure I had shared long back with this forum.
It clearly states diesel has 4 versions.
85PS: RxE and RxL
110PS: RxL and RxZ
Even the specs might change at the last moment (as per Renault) but as of now its of no use speculating on what does not exist in the market.
The price uncertainty is surely killing us but that's because the car is not launched yet. We are all eager to know if its affordable (by us with 10L budget). For the time being admire the cosmetic beauty of the car
Old 29th June 2012, 16:49   #1333
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRG

We should not forget that all the above prices are OTR UK, which means they include taxes too, albeit not sure how much.
Another variable is the depriciating value of the rupee. It must have helped Dacia to price the Duster somewhat cheaper in the UK.
Old 29th June 2012, 16:57   #1334
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Yes, they have gone up from 54 to 67 dealers now.
Today I see 77 dealers on their website !
At this pace, sure to reach 100 by the year..
Old 29th June 2012, 17:21   #1335
MAS
Senior - BHPian

The IT team handling the web hosting of Renault must be thoroughly confused by Renault personnel.

Changes i could see today
- Mentioned as "Interior 360", when clicked shows the Exterior 360 (rightly mentioned yesterday)

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-untitled1.jpg

- When the "Interior 360" is clicked, we get to see this (Exterior ). Note:- Passenger side Lumbar support lever has been taken off today. Also, the Duster featured here, seems to be the top end as it has the rear airconditioning system (which was not seen yesterday, atleast i did not notice this)

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-untitled.jpg

The rear leg room for the 5th passenger is clearly compromised. Renault should have come up with a more creative design for the rear AC.

Last edited by MAS : 29th June 2012 at 17:29.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed