Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 09:59   #91
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
This is an unbelievable video from the link provide by raj84. Now imagine a large SUV in these kind of situations! Can a Scorpio, Safari or Endeavour do this so easily. That's why a SUV means a short but capable vehicle for me. There is no real sense of the Duster if its not launched in 4X4.
TAT 2011 - Dusters water test - YouTube
Wow, this was like an amphibious vehicle! Pretty impressive, especially the entry (or should I say, "descent") into the river.

No doubt the duster would be able to brave the raging rapids of Gurgaon roads during the monsoons!
Old 30th January 2012, 23:34   #92

I'm not sure how relevant my post might be. But going by the euphoria the duster seems to have created in India, decided to post anyways.
I'm in Doha at the moment and happened to visit a Motor show, where the Duster was on Display.

Name:  image1677372113.png
Views: 3477
Size:  830.3 KB

Name:  image62338862.png
Views: 3528
Size:  853.5 KB

Name:  image3791025539.png
Views: 3514
Size:  909.9 KB
oscarninan is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 10:17   #93
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by oscarninan View Post
I'm not sure how relevant my post might be. But going by the euphoria the duster seems to have created in India, decided to post anyways.
I'm in Doha at the moment and happened to visit a Motor show, where the Duster was on Display.
Any pics of the interiors? Also, whats the price difference when compared to Fluence? That should give an idea of the pricing here.
Old 31st January 2012, 10:30   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m8002? View Post
Any pics of the interiors? Also, whats the price difference when compared to Fluence? That should give an idea of the pricing here.
Renault Fluence isn't locally manufactured in India. Parts are sourced as CKD from Turkey and assembled in Chennai. On the other hand, as per the sources Duster is going to be manufactured here to cater to the local demand as well as for exporting to UK market. So Fluence can hardly be a good yardstick to estimate how Duster would be priced in India.
Old 31st January 2012, 10:39   #95
Team-BHP Support

I found this pic of the interiors. The Renault Duster's interiors are actually different from the Dacia Duster's. The Dacia has Logan type dash whereas the Renault dash looks much more premium. Let's hope Renault don't get the Dacia type interiors and opt for the far better looking Renault one.

Here's a pic comparing the 2:
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-newinteriordaciaduster1.jpg

Notice above how the Renault interiors has power window switches on the door pads whereas in the Dacia it's in the centre console for cost cutting.

More pics of the Renault dash:
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-renaultdusterprivilege4x4_interior..jpg
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster3.jpg

Here's a good gallery I found online:
Renault Duster: Confira detalhes da parte interna com fotos em alta resolução | CARPLACE - Portal do Automóvel

Last edited by Vid6639 : 31st January 2012 at 10:40.
Vid6639 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 11:10   #96
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Renault Fluence isn't locally manufactured in India. Parts are sourced as CKD from Turkey and assembled in Chennai. On the other hand, as per the sources Duster is going to be manufactured here to cater to the local demand as well as for exporting to UK market. So Fluence can hardly be a good yardstick to estimate how Duster would be priced in India.
If the Duster has to succeed:

1. It has to be priced in the range of Scorpio / Safari or even slightly lower considering it is a 5 seater, anything higher it would be killed by the XUV5OO.

2. The dealer / A.S.S. network has to grow, with the current network I am not sure how Renault will be able to support if Duster gets the same attention like the XUV5OO.
Old 31st January 2012, 11:24   #97
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
If the Duster has to succeed:

1. It has to be priced in the range of Scorpio / Safari or even slightly lower considering it is a 5 seater, anything higher it would be killed by the XUV5OO.
Not necessary. Duster isn't posing to be a people mover really. I guess there are better options available in MUV segment and some new anticipated ones. The third row of seats of Scorpio/ Safari are totally worthless. I have never heard of a happy passenger in those seats. Duster is more likely an option for someone who wanted a Sedan with a SUV feel (read a decent looking Crossover).

Quote:
2. The dealer / A.S.S. network has to grow, with the current network I am not sure how Renault will be able to support if Duster gets the same attention like the XUV5OO.
I totally agree with you on this one. If Duster is targeted as a high volume launch, then Renault better work on increasing their dealership network across the country. We have read reports about them inviting people to increase their network.
Old 31st January 2012, 12:17   #98
BHPian

^^ But still 2 jumper seats in the back would have been good.
Thats a real negative (what with all our Indian joint families...!)

The boot is humongous in the Duster and pretty much going to be underutilized most of the times...

All over the world, the Duster is priced starting from 7-8L. (even in this Doha show)
It has the tag of the " world's cheapest SUV".

Renault can not take risky chances with the pricing ; especially if it is looking at high volume sales.
Also considering that the vehicle will be manufactured in Chennai at the Renault-Nissan plant. ( it should have higher % of domesticated parts)
Old 31st January 2012, 12:42   #99
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayjay View Post
Does it have powered door mirrors? If yes then sign me up!
Yes, I guess it will. Check the specification list in pic uploaded by 'Oscarninan'; it mentions powered ORVM.
Old 31st January 2012, 20:33   #100
BHPian

A personally known Renault dealer told that Duster is launching by Mid 2012 and booking may start from April onwards.

Initially there will be only 2 models, 1 petrol & 1 diesel without any variant choice. Petrol will be priced around 9 Lacs & Diesel at 11 Lacs.

Worst part is that initially there will not be any 4x4 variant
Misguided is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st January 2012, 21:01   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
A personally known Renault dealer told that Duster is launching by Mid 2012 and booking may start from April onwards.

Initially there will be only 2 models, 1 petrol & 1 diesel without any variant choice. Petrol will be priced around 9 Lacs & Diesel at 11 Lacs.
Thanks Misguided for the insider info (Hope you are not misguiding us )

Are the prices quoted above the ex-showroom prices or OTR. If it is the former ie ex-showroom, then the Duster is sure to be doomed.
Old 1st February 2012, 02:28   #102
BHPian

If it is anybody who is misguiding they are the dealer staff, and I do not blame them, they have been coaxed into giving some info by guys like us and they end up making things up as it is evident that the company has not let out any official info, even these dealer guys (who ended up telling me the truth) is that even they are relying on the net for info and have been sternly ordered not to give any 'official' info to the inquiring customers who walk into the dealerships every now and then. I found these poor dealer sales staff really stressed when we try to get info on Duster, it is written all over their faces that they have not official info whatsoever. Sad but true. Most ridiculous is I don't know what Renault is trying to achieve here. Infact they should take this opportunity to gauge what the customer wants, I can only understand by their conduct is that they do not want any prospective customer to know how and what Duster is going to be like, simply because they have already done their calculations of the product (I don't know on what bases) and they just spring the surprise on us and say there it is! Now its our and very much their fate if the surprise is pleasant or nasty, going by their tract record they love to give the nasty ones.

The other very reliable info that I have got is the good (and bad) news that the interiors will not be down market as in Dacia, but very good ones in Renault. The bad news is that this only generates the fear of unreasonable pricing. Renault should have some common sense, when the requirement of the buyer is glaring into its eyes and yet do some stupidity, I can only sing for Renault - 'highway to hell'!?
zulfi hansi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:10   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
Thanks Misguided for the insider info (Hope you are not misguiding us )

Are the prices quoted above the ex-showroom prices or OTR. If it is the former ie ex-showroom, then the Duster is sure to be doomed.
Hi AutoIndian,

The quoted prices are OTR Bangalore, I guess Ex-showroom price should be atleast 2 lacs lower than it.
Old 2nd February 2012, 12:57   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
The quoted prices are OTR Bangalore, I guess Ex-showroom price should be atleast 2 lacs lower than it.
If 9L and 11L resp. are OTR Banglore, then for Maharashtra it should be down by 1.5 L I believe. That brings it to around 7.5L/9.5 L for Petrol/Diesel.

Still I feel it is a bit on the higher side. Any idea on what those two models will be like? Base, middle or top end (of course without 4X4)?

If these are atleast mid variat with Airbags and ABS, then it sounds a good deal. Else, its too pricey. Not to forget the contemplation on levying additional charges for Diesel mill.
Old 2nd February 2012, 13:52   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
If 9L and 11L resp. are OTR Banglore, then for Maharashtra it should be down by 1.5 L I believe. That brings it to around 7.5L/9.5 L for Petrol/Diesel.

Still I feel it is a bit on the higher side. Any idea on what those two models will be like? Base, middle or top end (of course without 4X4)?

If these are atleast mid variat with Airbags and ABS, then it sounds a good deal. Else, its too pricey. Not to forget the contemplation on levying additional charges for Diesel mill.
The Mumbai Dealer told me 5 varients priced between 8-11 lacs Ex Showroom. They are accepting bookings also.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks