Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2012, 14:53   #151
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Simple small expectations in life, but well, you never know how long the wait can be!!
"Dil hai chotasa, chotisi aasha ... " (popular song from Hindi picture Roja)

I think Duster is coming in June from what I understand. Someone from the forum had sent an e-mail to customer care for the brouchure and got a reply that they will provide it by June,

Truely this wait is killing .... :(
Old 13th February 2012, 15:11   #152
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Someone from the forum had sent an e-mail to customer care for the brouchure and got a reply that they will provide it by June,
Yes, that someone was me...
Latter I got an email from Renault Customer India, asking me to wait for the launch for more info.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 15:23   #153
BHPian

Quote:
I think Duster is coming in June from what I understand. Someone from the forum had sent an e-mail to customer care for the brouchure and got a reply that they will provide it by June,
Two things:
Best not to assume that June will bring the answers to our prayers. Who knows WHEN they're pulling the curtains and who knows WHAT they have on offer!

Funnily, the automated email sent to me immediately after I got the 'You will get your brochure in June' message had them asking me what product brochure I wanted!
Unprofessionalism, to say the least!
Old 13th February 2012, 15:50   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The grille is definitely more appealing and aggressive than the renault's....

cheers!
Old 13th February 2012, 16:39   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Let me try it once again then!!

Maybe these??

Attachment 886767

Is this a Nissan badged Duster, or just a Photoshop render?
Old 13th February 2012, 17:08   #156
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Yes, that someone was me...
Latter I got an email from Renault Customer India, asking me to wait for the launch for more info.
Great! Thanks for the stoppng by and the confirmation! Any other news on that front? (Though not very hopeful anyways! )

Quote:
Originally Posted by skandyhere View Post
Two things:
Best not to assume that June will bring the answers to our prayers. Who knows WHEN they're pulling the curtains and who knows WHAT they have on offer!
Funnily, the automated email sent to me immediately after I got the 'You will get your brochure in June' message had them asking me what product brochure I wanted!
Unprofessionalism, to say the least!
+1, Dont understand why they are delaying it so much? Have been waiting for Duster for 2 years now!

Quote:
Originally Posted by smsrini View Post
The grille is definitely more appealing and aggressive than the renault's....
cheers!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fusion2006 View Post
Is this a Nissan badged Duster, or just a Photoshop render?
Not sure if it is a PS job. But I think just like Micra-Pulse, Nissan has plans to launch Duster in Nissan guise (maybe a notch higher price and spec wise). Had read about it on the net sometime back. Not sure of the reliability of the information though.
Old 13th February 2012, 17:09   #157
BHPian

It's nissan xterra from Nissan USA
Old 13th February 2012, 18:04   #158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mohandas View Post
It's nissan xterra from Nissan USA
Nope, i don't think its the Nissan Xterra. Though both of them look quite similar, yet they are two different cars.

Just a random search took me to the below link: -

Nissan Duster

Cheers!
Old 14th February 2012, 23:39   #159
BHPian

Duster uses it's 4 wheel drive system from Nissan, if i am not mistaken
Old 15th February 2012, 23:08   #160
BHPian

Some of us already have pointed out the booking of Duster with some dealers. Here is a news now:

Renault Duster Bookings Open - Launch In June 2012 In India
vijayk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 14:06   #161
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
Some of us already have pointed out the booking of Duster with some dealers. Here is a news now:

Renault Duster Bookings Open - Launch In June 2012 In India
Good news, though i am tempted but am not sure if it would be wise to book without seeing it in flesh and doing a TD.
Old 16th February 2012, 14:22   #162
Senior - BHPian

Most features are expected. But a few seem very interesting.

1. Music system with USB with Aux-in and Bluetooth connectivity -- BT figures so great!
2. Satellite audio -- really? tie up with whom since the only provider in india has shut down.
3. Phone control -- Whats that?

Am not really sure i want to believe this news. Am more willing to trust a member who's spoken to a renault dealer or the likes of motoroids. And booking amount before any idea of launch price seems unlikely. Would you bet your money that way?
Old 16th February 2012, 19:51   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nilesh5417
Most features are expected. But a few seem very interesting.

2. Satellite audio -- really? tie up with whom since the only provider in india has shut down.
3. Phone control -- Whats that?
These are just copied from the Duster webpage. They have split one sentence into two and this is the confused result.
Old 16th February 2012, 21:45   #164
BHPian

Booking without a test drive requires a lot of confidence on the manufacturer. If we go by the engine spec given by the above link, "1.5 DCi motor that will produce 85 BHP" will be the diesel engine.
Do my fellow BHPians think this will be adequate?
Even our national diesel engine @ 1.3L produces 92 BHP on Linea.
I guess nothing can be really said until a test drive is completed.

Last edited by sumeshmani : 16th February 2012 at 21:51.
Old 16th February 2012, 22:27   #165
Distinguished - BHPian

Guys let's wait for Renault to announce final specifications, some blog copy pasting stuff from international websites is not a reliable source. Since Renault is planning to spec the Indian Duster with premium grade interiors(like they did for Logan), i have a reason to believe the Duster will come with the 109hp(or is it 108?) tune. Going by International reviews Duster in this state of tune is decently peppy to drive, expect it to be faster than Safari & Scorpio.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed