Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2012, 08:43   #196
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Thanks vijayk for sharing!
I am disappointed to see that there is no mention of 4x4, so I guess that speculations of only 4x2 version seems correct.
Otherwise if they are sharing minor details like parking sensor, rear defogger etc. they will not miss a major feature like 4x4.

Anyways let's wait n watch...
Quote:
Originally Posted by vijayk View Post
This is the mail I received yesterday (refer the detail about booking):

Duster (Petrol & Diesel) (Core features)
Unique & Modern design
A trendy & compact urban SUV
Stylish Chrome grille
Twin barrel headlamps
16'' Alloy Wheels
Front Fog Lamps
Keyless Entry
ABS with Brake Assist & EBD
Dual front airbags
Plush Leather Upholstery
4 Speaker Music System with USB , AUX-IN & Bluetooth Connectivity
Steering mounted Audio & phone control
Rear Defogger, wiper & washer
Electrically adjustable Outside Rear View Mirrors
Rear Parking Sensors
475 Litre Trunk capacity

Warm Regards,
Keerthi.S
Renault contact centre
7 Days a week)
Old 24th February 2012, 09:01   #197
Team-BHP Support

A clue in the mail from Renault is the word urban SUV. When you add the word urban it's safe to say it means no 4WD.
Old 24th February 2012, 10:43   #198
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Pity.. coz the 4wd version seems to add a little more stability to this vehicle, less body roll.

I am still unclear about the interiors , the rear seat seems to be very cramped in the few videos that focused on that aspect.
Why did they have to give that crazy big boot , I can not understand!
Old 24th February 2012, 19:24   #199
Senior - BHPian

Lack of 4WD will be a bummer, if true.

On a related note, just read in the renault pulse thread about the increase of prices by around 2%. If I recollect right, the car was launched during auto-expo in the month of January and a price increase within a month of its launch? I have lost whatever optimism I had on renault pricing the duster competitively with this move.
Old 24th February 2012, 20:53   #200
Team-BHP Support

The Ford and Renault are gunning for the same pie. No AWD and give
the urban yuppie a utility vehicle.

If we go by the list mentioned, the leather options, chrome, music system etc, indicate that,
this would by no means be a bare bones product.

Hence we should not expect pricing below 10L for the highest end petrol and diesel versions.
Old 25th February 2012, 08:25   #201
BHPian

It will be little difficult for people, like me, who are in market now to buy a SUV. If I know that there is no 4x4 coming in Duster, I will simply go ahead to buy Safari/Scorpio. So we don't have any choice but to wait for another 3 months
Old 25th February 2012, 10:57   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bala80 View Post
Lack of 4WD will be a bummer, if true.

On a related note, just read in the renault pulse thread about the increase of prices by around 2%. If I recollect right, the car was launched during auto-expo in the month of January and a price increase within a month of its launch? I have lost whatever optimism I had on renault pricing the duster competitively with this move.
Lets hope Renault realises by now that their products are by no means best sellers till now, so prices this new offering rationally

Quote:
Originally Posted by ampere View Post
The Ford and Renault are gunning for the same pie. No AWD and give the urban yuppie a utility vehicle.

If we go by the list mentioned, the leather options, chrome, music system etc, indicate that, this would by no means be a bare bones product.

Hence we should not expect pricing below 10L for the highest end petrol and diesel versions.
Indicative pricing is 8-11 Lacs and the lower end would probably be bare boned like the Scorpio M2DI.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
It will be little difficult for people, like me, who are in market now to buy a SUV. If I know that there is no 4x4 coming in Duster, I will simply go ahead to buy Safari/Scorpio. So we don't have any choice but to wait for another 3 months
As of now there is no news of the 4x4, and if it is between a Safari and a Scorpio for you, go ahead and put your money on the Scorpio 4WD.
Old 25th February 2012, 11:42   #203
BHPian

Not sure if anyone has seen this video of the duster 4x4, but it is looking real good!

The duster looked really plain looking when I saw it at the Auto Expo but the videos and reviews I've seen online have made me look at it again and it does seem like quite a capable performer. I hope Renault releases it soon at a good price, before I (and many others like me) get irritated with the wait and book something else.
Old 25th February 2012, 21:43   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharninder View Post
Not sure if anyone has seen this video of the duster 4x4, but it is looking real good!
This all that our own little Maruthi gypsy could do! Now think if this old horse got a little make over and changed to a D heart (even the national 1.3 D would do). With the maruthi support backbone, this would just take the newbies in this small D-SUV segment very well! Hope MUL is listening!
Old 25th February 2012, 22:30   #205
BHPian

Went to the Renault showroom to have a look at Fluence and also enquired about the Duster.

Got a reply from the Sales guy that Duster would be launched b/w 7-10 Lakhs Ex Sh - 7L for Petrol and Top end Diesel 4*2 for <10L Ex Sh. He was confident that 4*4 will not be launched initially and even if launched will be at 11-11.5L Ex Sh.

He also added that the Duster will give a surprise the same way as XUV did from a pricing standpoint and it will be super VFM. Hope his statements stand true.
Sathya_sc is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 27th February 2012, 11:40   #206
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
This all that our own little Maruthi gypsy could do! Now think if this old horse got a little make over and changed to a D heart (even the national 1.3 D would do). With the maruthi support backbone, this would just take the newbies in this small D-SUV segment very well! Hope MUL is listening!
Rightly said,I dot know why Maruti is not pushing the Gypsy, the Diesel model though launcheds did not take the fancy of the market. Despite the retro looks that is one macho design which is crying for a bit of a makeover.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sathya_sc View Post
Went to the Renault showroom to have a look at Fluence and also enquired about the Duster.

Got a reply from the Sales guy that Duster would be launched b/w 7-10 Lakhs Ex Sh - 7L for Petrol and Top end Diesel 4*2 for <10L Ex Sh. He was confident that 4*4 will not be launched initially and even if launched will be at 11-11.5L Ex Sh.

He also added that the Duster will give a surprise the same way as XUV did from a pricing standpoint and it will be super VFM. Hope his statements stand true.
Lets hope, I am eagerly waiting.
Old 27th February 2012, 11:44   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by man_and_machine View Post
The Gypsy is a fantastic vehicle and that is why the Indian Army also uses it till date. The only problem with it is lack of space and refinement. I've travelled quite a lot in gypsies and the ride and refinement compares with the Mahindra Thar, not the XUV or any other modern vehicle we're talking about. IMHO, anyway.
Old 27th February 2012, 12:48   #208
BHPian

Hi Friends

Probably, this was discussed elsewhere on this forum. Any information about the Duster being available with an automatic transmission?

- Balram
Old 27th February 2012, 17:08   #209
BHPian

^ not a chance, IMHO!
Old 27th February 2012, 19:10   #210
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
As of now there is no news of the 4x4, and if it is between a Safari and a Scorpio for you, go ahead and put your money on the Scorpio 4WD.
I kinda decided for Scorpio after looking Storme's pics from Auto Expo but recently reading lot of positive updates about Storme like all disc brakes, X2 platform etc, so want to wait till the its launch. And not to forget, Duster has also become a strong reason for holding the decision. Just hoping that Renault surprise us with 4x4 variant
Closed Thread

Most Viewed