Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 09:42   #211
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I kinda decided for Scorpio after looking Storme's pics from Auto Expo but recently reading lot of positive updates about Storme like all disc brakes, X2 platform etc, so want to wait till the its launch. And not to forget, Duster has also become a strong reason for holding the decision. Just hoping that Renault surprise us with 4x4 variant
Looking at the current scene, it does looks like Renault would want to play it safe with the pricing. There have been talks of increasing the fuel prices (diesel) and budget is around the corner too.

So, I strongly believe with the launch, there wont be a 4X4, maybe once the product is settled in market, they might think of bringing in the 4X4.
Old 28th February 2012, 10:48   #212
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)
re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

No AT or 4x4 to begin with - most definitely.

The Duster will come in as just a reasonably specc-ed 2WD quasi SUV, calculated to appeal to the SUV madness in India with our penchant for; "road presence" , "butch looks", "high ground clearance", "diesel power" with reasonable set of features including safety etc- all at a digestible "reasonable price".

Quote:
Originally Posted by vbraju View Post
Hi Friends

Probably, this was discussed elsewhere on this forum. Any information about the Duster being available with an automatic transmission?

- Balram
Old 28th February 2012, 11:31   #213
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misguided View Post
I kinda decided for Scorpio after looking Storme's pics from Auto Expo but recently reading lot of positive updates about Storme like all disc brakes, X2 platform etc, so want to wait till the its launch. And not to forget, Duster has also become a strong reason for holding the decision. Just hoping that Renault surprise us with 4x4 variant
There will be a lot of options in the coming months so better to hold and see what the market has.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:52   #214
BHPian

I understand from Concorde Motors in Bangalore that the Storme is not due to hit the showrooms till Year end. So, no point in waiting for the same. Duster seems to be the best bet before freezing on other available options.
Old 29th February 2012, 11:29   #215
BHPian

And now rediff.com has come up with a comparison between Renault Duster and Ford Ecosport. Ofcourse that is the last source to be trusted for any sane piece of information, still read on

1. Comparing the vitals it is revealed that where Duster is more powerful, longer, wider than Ecosport, it will fall short on brand visibility and trust compared to the latter.

2. Renault's second SUV in India after Renault Koleos is expected to be powered by 1.6L petrol with 105 bhp and a 1.5L dCi diesel motor with two power output levels viz. 85 bhp and 110bhp. Whereas, Ford Ecosport is expected to have 1L EcoBoost petrol engine with 118bhp of power and the diesel Ford Ecosport will be 90bhp 1.5L engine powered.

Comparing the power output, the Ford Ecosport petrol will be a little more maneuverable than Duster while the latter is at a win-win situation in diesel.

3. Renault Duster is expected to imbibe the true SUV spirit while the Ecosport will go by the Ford tag "Urban SUV" suggesting that the latter will feel more convenient in the city than in the extra urban space.

4. Since Duster is longer and wider than Ecosport, it will have more legroom and elbow room.

5. Even if the Brazilian Ecosport is downsized (My comments: wishful thinking) to under four meter to get the excise benefit, we can expect similar difference inside. Thus in terms of space and comfort, Duster scores high.

6. Comparing looks of the Duster and Ecosport is quite easy. Where the one is conventionally designed, the other has a more urbane and next generation looks.

7. Both the SUV look rose with Ecosport having more sporty looks with its upward raised stance. Take the front, side or rear both the SUV score high and thus look wise there is a tie. (IMO Ecosport is ugly. Call me old school.)

8. Price of these compact will no doubt decide their fate in India besides the mileage. As expected both will start at Rs 700,000 and will have their top fully loaded variants priced around Rs 10 lakh.

9. But what about the value for money. It is here that Ford will have an upper hand. With the recent mammoth dealership spree, Ford will have more showrooms and service centres than Renault. (Ford scores here big time)

10. Besides, Renault will also have to struggle and could have to take a back seat following the tag of being a relatively new brand in India when compared to Ford.

11. Both will lay the foundation of a new true compact SUV segment in India. Both have the looks, both will be priced similarly, both will have almost similar features.

12. Though it is a matter of personal choice still Ford Ecosport will have an upper hand with respect to the brand and value for money factor. Moreover, Ecosport's stunningly new looks will woo many customers as well.

Btw, that LOL smiley wasn't courtsey www.rediff.com. That was me loling over.

Last edited by Animesh : 29th February 2012 at 11:31. Reason: Note on LOL Smiley
Old 29th February 2012, 14:13   #216
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
And now rediff.com has come up with a comparison between Renault Duster and Ford Ecosport. Ofcourse that is the last source to be trusted for any sane piece of information, still read on12. Though it is a matter of personal choice still Ford Ecosport will have an upper hand with respect to the brand and value for money factor. Moreover, Ecosport's stunningly new looks will woo many customers as well.Btw, that LOL smiley wasn't courtsey www.rediff.com. That was me loling over.
Nice update, something better than what we have been getting from Renault / Ford.

My 2 cents on the SUV's - Size does matter, where the Duster would score over the EcoSport

Last edited by m_upreti : 29th February 2012 at 14:15.
Old 29th February 2012, 14:29   #217
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
I understand from Concorde Motors in Bangalore that the Storme is not due to hit the showrooms till Year end. So, no point in waiting for the same. Duster seems to be the best bet before freezing on other available options.
Dealers usually don't get such information before hand. Even if they have, they hide it & will try and sell the stock they have. After seeing ACI review a production version of Storme & publishing it in their site, there is NO reason to think they will launch the car by year end. I guess the launch should be in a month or two!
Old 29th February 2012, 17:36   #218
BHPian

According to the Renault dealer in Chennai, duster is expected to be launched in June. Price will be 10L (for base model) to 14L (for top ed version) ex showroom. Will be launched in 2WD and 4WD versions. And manual transmission only.
Old 29th February 2012, 18:00   #219
Senior - BHPian

^^

If above price is true it is going to be another market dud from Renault. Base variant should be 8L +/- 25K. Hope this news is wrong
Old 29th February 2012, 18:24   #220
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BikerSG View Post
According to the Renault dealer in Chennai, duster is expected to be launched in June. Price will be 10L (for base model) to 14L (for top ed version) ex showroom. Will be launched in 2WD and 4WD versions. And manual transmission only.
If Renault launches the Duster at the price mentioned, I'm sure the SUV will gather "dust" in the stock yards. Suddenly the Facelift Xylo looks very attractive alternative.
MAS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th February 2012, 18:59   #221
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^

If above price is true it is going to be another market dud from Renault. Base variant should be 8L +/- 25K. Hope this news is wrong
I don't think so, called up and then visited Renault dealer in Bangalore, and I they say is the price band is between 8 to 11 ex-showroom. March is the month when they will release the price officially, I guess they are waiting for Union Budget and then will publish it.
asdon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2012, 15:12   #222
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS View Post
If Renault launches the Duster at the price mentioned, I'm sure the SUV will gather "dust" in the stock yards. Suddenly the Facelift Xylo looks very attractive alternative.
You are right, even I am tempted for the new Xylo, only the ownership experiences with M&M & its dealers are holding me back.
Old 5th March 2012, 17:41   #223

I just got a call from Renault showroom in chandigarh and the lady confirmed that Duster is coming in May and they have already started the bookings. She has already done 22 bookings and the booking amount is 50,000/-. I am also also planning to book the car this week.

Last edited by manjuls : 5th March 2012 at 17:52.
manjuls is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th March 2012, 18:40   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjuls View Post
I just got a call from Renault showroom in chandigarh and the lady confirmed that Duster is coming in May and they have already started the bookings. She has already done 22 bookings and the booking amount is 50,000/-. I am also also planning to book the car this week.
+ And it will have 5 trim levels, thats what bangalore dealer told me today and minimum booking amount is 25K here in BLR. The car will be both in Diesel & Petrol, launch date within mid May to early June.
Old 5th March 2012, 18:51   #225
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by manjuls View Post
In Mumbai the bookings have been going on since the last couple of months, but seems that the money is being taken by the Dealers and not the company
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks