Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st March 2012, 11:11   #286
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Whats wrong with the Innova?
. There is nothing wrong with the Innova. We had an Innova earlier and had to dispose of it because of an accident and like I said, we are looking for a change. Back then, when we bought the Innova, it's price was around 9 lakhs OTR, now it is hovering around 13-14 lakhs OTR Bangalore.

I have one small grouse with the Innova though. It's ground clearance. It is pretty much comparable to a sedan and it is very difficult to ply on our estate roads without scraping the bottom (Even my swift manages to get through without scraping).

If Innova's price was a bit lower, we probably would have bought it (my dad is a fan), but you can't have everything in life, can you??
Old 21st March 2012, 12:10   #287
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
Whats wrong with the Innova?
Innova is a fantastic vehicle for long distance travel. Though my requirement is for a good 5-seater, i do not want to cross over to vehicle as large as Innova. Even if i wanted to, Innova is way beyond my budget at 12-13L.
If I had that kind of budget, Tata Safari would be my dream car .
Old 21st March 2012, 12:16   #288
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani
Innova is a fantastic vehicle for long distance travel. Though my requirement is for a good 5-seater, i do not want to cross over to vehicle as large as Innova. Even if i wanted to, Innova is way beyond my budget at 12-13L.
OT: The Ertiga seems just right for you. Expected launch, mid April.
Old 21st March 2012, 12:46   #289
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
. There is nothing wrong with the Innova. We had an Innova earlier and had to dispose of it because of an accident and like I said, we are looking for a change. Back then, when we bought the Innova, it's price was around 9 lakhs OTR, now it is hovering around 13-14 lakhs OTR Bangalore.

I have one small grouse with the Innova though. It's ground clearance. It is pretty much comparable to a sedan and it is very difficult to ply on our estate roads without scraping the bottom (Even my swift manages to get through without scraping).

If Innova's price was a bit lower, we probably would have bought it (my dad is a fan), but you can't have everything in life, can you??
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Hey Guys,

One question for my curiosity. Innova is clearly a crowd favourite across India (and for valid reasons too) However, in Bangalore I have seen innumerable number of people use Innova as personal vehicle. When I was in Delhi (which is where I am from), the only people I saw use Innova were people who either used it as people carrier or had large families. In sharp contrast, I've seen people here use Innova when they have a family of 4 Despite howsoever good it is, why is the hell would anybody use a large VAN as personal vehicle. And that too, as costly one. Just coz its reliable? Even my fridge/washing machine are reliable.

Last edited by Abhi_Automobile : 21st March 2012 at 12:47.
Old 21st March 2012, 13:01   #290
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
In sharp contrast, I've seen people here use Innova when they have a family of 4 Despite howsoever good it is, why is the hell would anybody use a large VAN as personal vehicle. And that too, as costly one. Just coz its reliable? Even my fridge/washing machine are reliable.
The only point I can think off is people prefer purchasing Innova compared to a 13-15L sedan.
In the event of a travel, they can really travel in a comfort with lots and lots of
luggage space. And at the same time it also gives one the much needed extra space, when you need to ferry people in the city.

I cant comment on the personal front between North and South geographies.
Old 21st March 2012, 17:43   #291
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhi_Automobile View Post
Hey Guys,

One question for my curiosity. Innova is clearly a crowd favourite across India (and for valid reasons too) However, in Bangalore I have seen innumerable number of people use Innova as personal vehicle. When I was in Delhi (which is where I am from), the only people I saw use Innova were people who either used it as people carrier or had large families. In sharp contrast, I've seen people here use Innova when they have a family of 4 Despite howsoever good it is, why is the hell would anybody use a large VAN as personal vehicle. And that too, as costly one. Just coz its reliable? Even my fridge/washing machine are reliable.

You can also ask why not? I cannot answer for others, but there are different reasons why we bought the Innova. We are a family of four and the family's daily usage is almost 100 kms of which around 60% is bad roads. We also go out for frequent trips with extended family and friends, so the extra space is very useful. The ride is comparable to a sedan. The cabin feels more roomy while the sedan's cabin feels claustrophobic (my personal opinion). The luggage space is good. This big VAN is very easy to drive too.

This is going OT. Let's stick to the topic.
Old 22nd March 2012, 20:18   #292
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
As it is, many of the bhpians had the fear of Renault missing the target with pricing. The Union Budget has made it more difficult by hiking the excise rates. I assume a hike of ~30K will get injectedted (just my maths) for a 10L vehicle.Now i am a little worried that Duster might move out of my budget range . The wait till June is going to be tougher now.
One of my colleagues just checked with a Dealer in Mumbai, in June it would be a price launch and some display cars arriving, he has been told that the deliveries may not start before December.
Old 22nd March 2012, 21:24   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
One of my colleagues just checked with a Dealer in Mumbai, in June it would be a price launch and some display cars arriving, he has been told that the deliveries may not start before December.
If this turns out to be the timeline, then it is very disappoinging. May be Renault should have bought Duster for 2013 auto show. I wonder when would test-drive cars be available.
Old 22nd March 2012, 22:20   #294
BHPian

Just came across this on the Dacia UK site. Is it related by any chance?

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-dacia-uk.jpg
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:44   #295
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
If this turns out to be the timeline, then it is very disappointing.
I do NOT buy that. Renault India still shows that Duster is coming in June. I don't they will be dumb enough to do a price launch in June and then the actual product launch in Dec. As per the earlier time line, Duster is a summer 2012 launch.

Edit:: Also for a June launch, the dealer training should happen in May. So we will get a better idea on this.

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 22nd March 2012 at 23:44. Reason: Adding "Edit" portion
Old 22nd March 2012, 23:44   #296
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
If this turns out to be the timeline, then it is very disappoinging. May be Renault should have bought Duster for 2013 auto show. I wonder when would test-drive cars be available.
This is disappointing. What is the use in just doing a price launch?

I heard that the 1.5 litre engine supposed to be coming with the Duster is a very old one which is phased out in Europe. Is this true? Does anyone have any info about the engine?
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:03   #297
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by addyhemmige View Post
I heard that the 1.5 litre engine supposed to be coming with the Duster is a very old one which is phased out in Europe. Is this true? Does anyone have any info about the engine?
It's the same K9K engine used in Logan/Verito, Micra, Pulse, Sunny & Fluence! Need I say more?
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd March 2012, 00:08   #298
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
It's the same K9K engine used in Logan/Verito, Micra, Pulse, Sunny & Fluence! Need I say more?
Turning out to be National Engine No. 2 after Fiat's 1.3 MJD.
Whats up with the European manufacturers guys. High level of collaboration.
Old 23rd March 2012, 08:23   #299
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post
Definitley related. The Duster is to be supplied to the UK market from the Indian plant.
Old 23rd March 2012, 09:41   #300
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by designersf View Post

Attachment 906104
The pic says that June 2012 , when Duster pricing & specs will be announced !!

Certainly doesn't mean that they will launch the vehicle in June..!

and btw.. 96 days = end of June ! i.e July.

here... http://www.daciacars.co.uk/faq/

the FAQ says , it will be launched in late 2012. Probably the same time as the Ecosport.

Last edited by BUXX : 23rd March 2012 at 09:44.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks