Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2012, 21:42   #316
Distinguished - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

IAB specualtes that the Duster may not be launched in June, 2012! Seems Renault is looking for a pre-festive potent time for the launch! SO guess the launch is pushed to Aug / Sep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
..The 107hp tune 1.5dCi motor seems to be promising, comes with 6 cogs & produces 240Nm of torque @ 1750 rpm. This motor has a 0-100kmph timing of 11.8 seconds for the 4X2 version & 12.5 seconds for 4X4....
Initially there were rumors that we will get the 85PS version for 4x2 & 110PS version for the 4x4 version. It also was told that the 4x4 may NOT come at all or may NOT come during the initial time and might launch later!

Last edited by swiftnfurious : 29th March 2012 at 21:45.
Old 29th March 2012, 23:52   #317
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
IAB specualtes that the Duster may not be launched in June, 2012! Seems Renault is looking for a pre-festive potent time for the launch! SO guess the launch is pushed to Aug / Sep?

Initially there were rumors that we will get the 85PS version for 4x2 & 110PS version for the 4x4 version. It also was told that the 4x4 may NOT come at all or may NOT come during the initial time and might launch later!
As said before in this thread from reliable (i mean total reliable) source, Duster will be launched in Aug 2012. Diesel will have 2 variants DCi85 and dci110. Diesel starting from 8 and petrol from 6.8 with the help of 80% localization by value.
nitinralli is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 00:03   #318
BHPian

As said before in this thread from reliable (i mean total reliable) source,
Quote:
Originally Posted by nitinralli View Post
Duster will be launched in Aug 2012. Diesel will have 2 variants DCi85 and dci110. Diesel starting from 8 and petrol from 6.8 with the help of 80% localization by value.
Any update regarding the 4X4 version launch? If so is it on initial launch period?

Thanks for the update
Old 30th March 2012, 01:21   #319
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by g_prajeesh View Post
As said before in this thread from reliable (i mean total reliable) source,

Any update regarding the 4X4 version launch? If so is it on initial launch period?

Thanks for the update
Not sure about the 4x4 as of now.

To all, let me know what specific info you want regarding duster, will try my best to get that out for you guys. Since my "reliable" source is busy setting up plant in GJ for "Infinity" launch, hence not sure when i would be able to contact him/her. But will try for sure
Old 30th March 2012, 09:25   #320
BHPian

^^ What is the petrol engine that they will use? Recently heard that they are looking at a 1.5L petrol and not the 1.6L version that is used everywhere else.

And does anybody have a link to an English language Duster forum?
Need to read some ownership reports. It is a new product, barely 2 years old !
Gotta know about the reliability/maintenance part too.

and yes,any info on the 4X4 version will be good !
Old 30th March 2012, 12:13   #321
Distinguished - BHPian

Hi All,

Just came across the NCAP rating for the Duster as 3 stars on the Euro NCAP website:
Dacia Duster | Euro NCAP - For safer cars crash test safety rating

Basically, it is not great in safety features and will crimp on quite a few things to save costs. Comparatively, the Skoda Yeti is also 5 star rated. Even the Hyundai I20 is also 5 star rated.

Regards,
Behemoth
Behemoth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2012, 12:24   #322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Behemoth View Post
Comparatively, the Skoda Yeti is also 5 star rated. Even the Hyundai I20 is also 5 star rated.

Regards,
Behemoth
Hi,
I really don't think you can compare them. The word 'comparatively' would be more apt to products in this price band, most of which are not even tested!

Regards.
Old 30th March 2012, 21:18   #323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .anshuman View Post
Was surfing through You-Tube, because i had searched for Duster earlier this video came up in suggestions. Sharing it here, i feel this is just the right amount of SUV i need, if they price it Ok and bring in the 4wd version my Punto will be ditched for sure.

Renault DUSTER.
Thanks for the video! btw, I hope everybody noticed the new dashboard which looks much more upmarket than the Logan based one which is used in pre-facelift Dusters.
Old 30th March 2012, 23:09   #324
BHPian

Duster is a good package with no-nonsense looks, capable offroad performance, decent fuel efficiency, and a tried and tested diesel engine. Will be great if the Renault introduces it with 110 ps 4x4 version from the day of launch and also include true keyless entry, push button start and auto folding rear view mirrors as in Pulse. It will definitely be a hit if Renault incorporates all these features and prices it close to 11L.
Old 4th April 2012, 10:19   #325
BHPian

My wishlist on the safety front is that they include Traction control/ESP as an option atleast...
Old 4th April 2012, 13:54   #326
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harshavarthan View Post
Duster is a good package with no-nonsense looks, capable offroad performance, decent fuel efficiency, and a tried and tested diesel engine. Will be great if the Renault introduces it with 110 ps 4x4 version from the day of launch and also include true keyless entry, push button start and auto folding rear view mirrors as in Pulse. It will definitely be a hit if Renault incorporates all these features and prices it close to 11L.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
My wishlist on the safety front is that they include Traction control/ESP as an option atleast...
All this would make it an awsome package but I am not sure if Renault can do it at a VFM price
Old 4th April 2012, 14:23   #327
BHPian

yes.. but maybe they can also have a pricier model which has all the bells & whistles with which it is sold in the EU!
Old 7th April 2012, 14:53   #328
BHPian

Indian Autos Blog a while ago dismissed the June launch as a myth (Renault India not planning to introduce Duster in June), but the website (as of 7th April, 2012) shows the Duster with an "*" and also says that the car will be launched in June.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-untitled.jpg  

Old 7th April 2012, 15:03   #329
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayraj1890 View Post
Indian Autos Blog a while ago dismissed the June launch as a myth (Renault India not planning to introduce Duster in June), but the website (as of 7th April, 2012) shows the Duster with an "*" and also says that the car will be launched in June.
Same is what the Indian Cars and Bikes site say!

Renault Duster SUV India launch delayed to October 2012 | IndianCarsBikes.in

Dunno, whom to believe. But I would go with the official website!
Old 7th April 2012, 15:05   #330
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vijayraj1890 View Post
The website shows the same for quite some time. Infact IAB stated that this will NOT be launched in June after this. Also there are couple of members who contacted Renault and have been told that the brochures will be shared in June after the launch; but from the reports in IAB [& some bhpians who have reliable sources in Renault], launch will NOT happen in June but in August.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks