Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 5th May 2012, 11:21   #496
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I think i am more eager to see the Duster launch in June than receiveing my salary hike letter, which is also scheduled for June . Its a good sign that Renault dealerships seem to have more info and are more confident to share it. Renault has to atleast start preparing display cars for June if not TD cars.
sumeshmani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2012, 13:16   #497
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

A friend called Renault Dealers in Andheri, Thane and Navi Mumbai. Atleast the three of them are singing together this time around. The launch they say would happen in June and deliveries (I doubt) in July onwards. Further, while dealers at Andheri and Thane aren't taking bookings as of now, the one at Navi Mumbai was ready to book against a deposit of Rs. 50K.

About the all elusive pricing strategy: Renault Navi Mumbai says it would be in the range of Rs. 8 lacs - 12 lacs. That is like saying - either you can afford it or not. To me that is atleast.
Old 5th May 2012, 14:12   #498
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
A friend called Renault Dealers in Andheri, Thane and Navi Mumbai. Atleast the three of them are singing together this time around. The launch they say would happen in June and deliveries (I doubt) in July onwards. Further, while dealers at Andheri and Thane aren't taking bookings as of now, the one at Navi Mumbai was ready to book against a deposit of Rs. 50K.

About the all elusive pricing strategy: Renault Navi Mumbai says it would be in the range of Rs. 8 lacs - 12 lacs. That is like saying - either you can afford it or not. To me that is atleast.
I feel that the company i not involved in these bookings, this may be a tacktic by the dealers to gather some float and when the launch happens put the people who pre-book at the front of the queue.

The Andheri Dealer had offered me a pre booking 3 months back for 50K but I want to wait and watch for a few of these India made vehicles to perform on the road and decide on whether to bet my money on the Duster or the XUV.
Old 5th May 2012, 15:08   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_upreti View Post
I feel that the company i not involved in these bookings, this may be a tacktic by the dealers to gather some float and when the launch happens put the people who pre-book at the front of the queue.

The Andheri Dealer had offered me a pre booking 3 months back for 50K but I want to wait and watch for a few of these India made vehicles to perform on the road and decide on whether to bet my money on the Duster or the XUV.
I totally agree with you on this. This booking amount is to just a Unsecured Loan to these dealers and that too without any interest.

I wonder what kind of desperation it takes to go ahead and make such bookings. I personally have been putting off my plans of buying car for over 6 months now just in anticipation of Duster's launch, but I won't make any booking without even knowing how much I would have to pay for the car.
Old 6th May 2012, 19:26   #500
BHPian

Duster will be launched on 30th June. Confirmed news from sources at Renault
nishant kar is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 11:22   #501
BHPian

SAAAX !!!!

26 May is launch/reveal for dealers.
BUXX is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th May 2012, 13:09   #502
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
SAAAX !!!!

WOW!!! are you sure? that is great can u confirm the 4x4 availability

I expect Renault to launch the Duster at a stunning price tag bcz of the Ford ecosport & Xylo Mini launch shortly.
Old 7th May 2012, 13:40   #503
BHPian

90% chances that the 4x4 ain't gonna come initially.
This was NEVER in Renault's plan for India. but who knows..!
Old 7th May 2012, 14:32   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Duster will be launched on 30th June. Confirmed news from sources at Renault
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
SAAAX !!!!

Good news at last. Lets hope we get to see what we have been expecting and Renault does not disappoint us.
Old 7th May 2012, 17:47   #505
BHPian

Adding to the wishlist, hope they launch the vehicle with Tinted glass. Anyone has a confirmed new if Duster is going to have 6 speed gearbox?
Old 7th May 2012, 17:56   #506
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sathyaprakash View Post
I expect Renault to launch the Duster at a stunning price tag bcz of the Ford ecosport & Xylo Mini launch shortly.
I think Renault has not WOWed the market with the pricing of any of the cars it's launched in India, starting with the Logan. So I would say, we shouldn't expect great pricing on the Duster either.
Old 7th May 2012, 18:51   #507
BHPian

What is this vehicle ?

Spotted this in Chennai on Monday, 7th May, near Ashok Nagar, at around 6.00PM. Is this the mini xylo ? No manufacturer markings were visible and it moved away before I could take out my phone and get a decent picture.

Shyam
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-img_20120507_174928_1.jpg  

Old 7th May 2012, 18:58   #508
Team-BHP Support

Re: What is this vehicle ?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyamk View Post
Spotted this in Chennai on Monday, 7th May, near Ashok Nagar, at around 6.00PM. Is this the mini xylo ? No manufacturer markings were visible and it moved away before I could take out my phone and get a decent picture.

Shyam
What you spotted was the soon to be launched Renault Duster.

I've moved the the post accordingly to the relevant thread.
Old 7th May 2012, 19:32   #509
BHPian

Our middle east neighbours are lucky.

New Renault Duster now on sale in GCC
Dh48,600 for entry level, now how much is that in rupees?

Check out the Renault site for middle east, duster specs-
Renault - OVERVIEW
Old 7th May 2012, 19:54   #510
BHPian

Looking at the middle east site photo gallery, interiors are from older dacia and not the new refreshed renault interiors as speculated. And the power window switches are in central console rather than doors
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks