Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 4th June 2012, 14:40   #676
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I checked out in Chennai.

The SE said (all his words) the Duster looks good and 'they' like it. I assumed he meant his fellow SEs who were shown the product. He said top end had higher power output (110?) and low end had lower output. No 4x4 only 2x2 (his words). Only 2 trims in diesel and that the top end would be about 14L on road. One can get many options for low end (except engine). Launch on June 28 (or was it June 20th) and booking from July 1.

IMO, 14L is way too high price and I hope the SE is exaggerating a bit about the price. 11-12L for top end on road would be a good price.

Last edited by thalavoy : 4th June 2012 at 14:41. Reason: Missed out date.
Old 4th June 2012, 15:42   #677
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

I too think 14L OTR for the high-end 4x2 is on the higher side. A 12L OTR maybe the right price the market is looking for at the top end. 14L for 4x4 may sell like hotcakes. Renault, are you listening?
Old 4th June 2012, 15:52   #678
MAS
Senior - BHPian

14 Lakhs for the Duster - looks like Renault is again making the crucial mistake of over-pricing its products.

I was hoping they would price the 4x2 85 bhp diesel at about 10-11 Lakhs OTR.
Old 4th June 2012, 16:32   #679
Distinguished - BHPian

14Lac OTR, that too in Chennai. So in Bangalore will be around 80K or so expensive. Well, another Koleos?
Old 4th June 2012, 16:45   #680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpksuhas View Post
14Lac OTR, that too in Chennai. So in Bangalore will be around 80K or so expensive. Well, another Koleos?
I know we are still speculating. I am going OT here. If its eventually priced at around 14L, I will be disappointed at two levels. One, this car will clearly be out of my league, two, all of us spent so much time drooling over this car.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:31   #681
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I know we are still speculating. I am going OT here. If its eventually priced at around 14L, I will be disappointed at two levels. One, this car will clearly be out of my league, two, all of us spent so much time drooling over this car.

Very True !! 14 L in Chennai means nearly close to 15 L at Bangalore .

Another Koleos already in the making. Maybe Renault is getting greedy seeing so much of interested people in this thread.

If that is the case, I would rather plonk my money on the new Cruze IMHO is a better bet with all the 3 year maintenance package at this price levels.

Certainly at close to 15 L , Duater would be .
Old 4th June 2012, 21:38   #682
Senior - BHPian

Somehow I think it will go the Logan way. I really dont see it exuding any premium-ness. It might not be that cheap to build it and that would be a big problem for Renault in pricing it.
Old 4th June 2012, 21:42   #683
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post

If this pricing information is true at 14L at Chennai, it would be certainly close to 15 L at Bangalore .

Already one more KOLEOS in the making. Maybe Renault got greedy looking at so many interested members in this thread.

If this is the final correct pricing , I am sure that many people would be dropping out after drooling for the past few months !!

In that case , I would look foward for the new new Cruze at the price levels of ~ 15 L, as its a much better package with an all inclusive 3 year maintenance package.

At ~ 15L OTR price of Duster at Bangalore, IMHO Duster would be as good as .
Old 4th June 2012, 22:01   #684
BHPian

If its 14L OTR in Chennai, I will just go to XUV 500. Max to max 12L is fine for 110hp. This does not look like a premium SUV, so 14L simply means its going to be yet another dead horse for Renault.
Old 4th June 2012, 22:19   #685
BHPian

Guys don't get into the mood of renault bashing mode unnecessarily. I have already posted on all the details about the Duster. The information will be 99% accurate as it is from sources within Renault India. I have already booked the vehicle and the booking was done in original duster account. Launch is on 30th June, deliveries will start from 1st July

Regarding pricing i wont speak much, just watch the youtube link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nishant kar View Post
Thanks guys.
Information that i have as of this moment is:
1. There is no 1.5 dci 110 Bhp (at least for the launch). It may be available later.

2. There is no 4*4 stated to be launched on 30th June. It may be available at a later stage.

3. The Power to weight ratio for 1.5 Dci 85 is equivalent to that of Scorpio 2.2 mHawk. So expect decent performance (0-100 in around 13 sec).

4. There are going to be 3 variants each - Base, Mid and Top in both Diesel and Petrol.

5. Tentative Price - Petrol 7, 7.5, 8 Lacs Diesel - 8, 8.5, 9 Lacs

6. Interior Trim : it is going to be similar to Renault Brazil Duster, The base variant is going to get Black & Grey interiors and Top end is going to get Black & Biege Combo. U may check the Renault Brazil Website for interior pics.

7. Power Window switches to be there on Doors and not the center console.

Cheers Guys, I think Renault is doing a wonderful job at Duster.

Last edited by nishant kar : 4th June 2012 at 22:23.
nishant kar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 23:00   #686
BHPian

I think given the way Duster has been priced in other markets I doubt Renault will move away from the 'value' robust car kind of positioning. It looks quirky, doesn't have the fit and finish of a premium vehicle, its not designed to be that.

The Duster is a good car but move north of 12 lakhs OTR and it could be challenging from the value perspective
Old 5th June 2012, 00:41   #687
BHPian

Is it beneficial to wait for Duster !

I'm having a budget range upto 9 lacs(On-road) & I have booked Dzire ZDi & its going to be delivered within this week.
Does even Duster's base variant fall in that range ? for that I can postpone the delivery of my car.
waiting for your suggestions, guys.
Old 5th June 2012, 08:14   #688
Senior - BHPian

Rs. 14-15 lakh OTR for this car and we will have another market dud. Duster will have to face formidable and proven rivals like Xylo, Innova. Both of them are quite large cars and proven themselves in commercial use also. Moreover, we have XUV also along with Safari and Scorpio. For those who are looking forward to SUV, Safari/Scorpio are nice products ( Scorpio still sells really well given the price ).

Those looking forward to people carriers, they have Xylo/Innova which need no intorduction.

The max Renault can take it is Rs. 9 lakh OTR. The brand and competition ( including image ) are tough above Rs. 10 lakh.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:20   #689
BHPian

I am not sure if Sales Executive who suggested the price of Rs. 14-15 Lac knows much himself. We all want him to be wrong on this one. And by a big margin.
Old 5th June 2012, 11:36   #690
BHPian

I am planning to buy the Duster if and only if it's top end diesel comes at a price of under 10 lakhs (ex showroom). Anything more than 10 lakhs isn't worth the risk IMO - for a car/brand that hasn't proven itself.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks