Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 11th June 2012, 16:18   #766
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by abbey4u View Post
V2+pack = V3. So i think they will allow individual options as well. That's what they are doing on some of the european market where they allow you to customize online
Not to nitpick but V3 has different exterior and interior though.
All this is good, but the key factor is the pricing.
4x4, IMO, should be optional for the v2 and v3 and that would increase the sales.
Old 11th June 2012, 16:24   #767
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by thalavoy View Post
Not to nitpick but V3 has different exterior and interior though.
All this is good, but the key factor is the pricing.
4x4, IMO, should be optional for the v2 and v3 and that would increase the sales.
I agree, without 4x4, it's just another car with SUvish looks. They should give 4X4 with the word go, that would set the stage on fire
Old 11th June 2012, 17:05   #768
BHPian

Quote:
I agree, without 4x4, it's just another car with SUvish looks. They should give 4X4 with the word go, that would set the stage on fire
+1. Absolutely 4x4 should be on the plate and I don't see a reason why they can't offer it if the 110 bhp variant is available. Pricing for the 4x4 maybe get on the higher side, but it will complete the line-up and present a clear competition to other SUVs in the market.
Old 11th June 2012, 19:03   #769
BHPian

Quote:
I am guessing all three variants will be available for both petrol and diesel. The only thing which may happen is diesel base variant comes with 85bhp engine only and top end diesel will be 110 bhp only. But again this is my guess
I wonder how much "options" would the options be in the variant 2, for e.g. can I just order ABS+EBS+BA & Airbags without opting for Navigation, Alloys and Rear parking sensors ? Or would Renault simply insist to buy the whole pack thereby increasing the OTR.

Why cant Renault make the package like in the case of the Sunny where the XL variant is probably perfect in terms of content.

Quote:
Seems i did a lot of mistake in trying to extract the text and copy paste into excel. I am attaching the image for the benefit of all. Sorry for creating any confusion. This should help everyone
No worries mate, though it looked a bit strange without PS and all on it.

Last edited by indivic : 11th June 2012 at 19:05.
Old 11th June 2012, 19:46   #770
BHPian

I am going off topic here. When a new car is launched, how does the manufacturer, in this case Renault, prepare the technical staff of all the dealerships? Won't this need time and massive resources?
Old 11th June 2012, 19:56   #771
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
I am going off topic here. When a new car is launched, how does the manufacturer, in this case Renault, prepare the technical staff of all the dealerships? Won't this need time and massive resources?
They dont have too many dealerships to start off, so I guess if they have the training program in all the metros or the major capitals, they would have covered their network.

I just checked they have 45 dealers in all and not really in all the states.
Old 11th June 2012, 21:40   #772
BHPian

Last Saturday I spotted at least 3 Duster test mules near Yelagiri. I was on a day trip along with a few office colleagues from Bangalore when we entered State Highway 18.

One black:
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-imag0391.jpg

And two red:
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-imag0392.jpg

The drivers got agitated and ran away with the vehicles before I could peek inside. However the 2 colleagues who ran and saw the interiors commented that the dash looked pathetic and interiors were nothing to write home about. In addition somehow road presence seems to be a bit lacklustre. However these are only test mules and not yet the finished product. Ground clearance is excellent and all these were FWD variants. Looks to me that pricing will be very key to success or otherwise.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 11th June 2012 at 21:50.
moinakg is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 11th June 2012, 22:11   #773
BHPian

@moinakg - good pics there! That observation on all the three mules being FWD (I presume you mean 4x4) is interesting.
How did you deduce that with all the badges and stickers appearing (at least in your pics) to be masked over?
Old 11th June 2012, 22:29   #774
BHPian

@Rigid Rotor, I peered below when the black one started to move and did not see a rear differential, rather a straight axle. So I guessed that they were 2WD variants with front wheel drive.
Old 11th June 2012, 22:48   #775
BHPian

Is Duster really that short or the man standing next to it is really tall enough?

When lunch is so close enough, why are the test mule drivers still shying away from public attention? Anywhich ways, in a month or two the specs are going to be out, so whats there to hide so much?
Old 11th June 2012, 23:00   #776
BHPian

Hey Moinak. Good to see you here. (Siva - ex Sun)
The black looks like the top end while the red ones are lower trims. Going by the rear parking sensors.
Old 11th June 2012, 23:02   #777
BHPian

I think 'positioning' is important or folks are going to be disappointed. Since the Duster is not designed to be 'premium' in any way the interiors and the design reflect that, and Renault must create the right expectations. Or there will be a huge wave of negative opinion.

Duster has taken off in other regions and folks like it not because of interiors or design but because its a robust no nonsense vehicle that delivers the basics with no fuss. There is nothing remotely luxurious, no plushy interiors though the 2012 version has been improved somewhat. The Duster 2012 videos on youtube reflect this. I think folks will struggle to justify anything above 11 OTR . If Renault wants volumes it needs to get the positioning and pricing right.
Old 12th June 2012, 06:21   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
Is Duster really that short or the man standing next to it is really tall enough?
The above pics clear some air on the road presence of the Duster. The stance is wide which should assist driving dynamics and the overall dimension look good for our congested city roads.
Old 12th June 2012, 10:19   #779
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
You have exactly echoed my thoughts. On looking at that picture that was the first impression I had in my mind. I checked the Duster brochure & the Unladen height/with roof rails is specified @ 1,625/1,695mm. (which converted to feet/inches stands at 5'4"). The man in that picture must be definitely more than 5'6" (though being well built), hence the relatively lower stance of the Duster.

Last edited by AutoIndian : 12th June 2012 at 10:20.
Old 12th June 2012, 11:00   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian

... I checked the Duster brochure & the Unladen height/with roof rails is specified @ 1,625/1,695mm. (which converted to feet/inches stands at 5'4"). The man in that picture must be definitely more than 5'6" (though being well built), hence the relatively lower stance of the Duster.
The drivers indeed were quite tall and well-built. It is not apparent from the picture.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks