Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2012, 19:11   #856
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumeshmani View Post
Interesting video!!!. They did push the car to try and roll it over. Duster seems to handle such situations very well. For us this translates into good stability when taking curves at high speed.
The test was not done at a high speed so I would be careful. There is similar video of someone pushing Yeti and Duster I posted earlier and the Yeti did manage to hold its composure compared to the Duster.

DACIA DUSTER vs.SKODA YETI Test - Video Dailymotion

Also in the specs I did not see ESP offered even in the top end. Its ABS EBD with BA, so most likely no ESP. Without that curves at highspeed would not be a good idea given the videos.
Old 14th June 2012, 19:50   #857
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

Vehicles such as these ought not to be pushed terribly hard on curves etc because they are NOT sports sedans. However, I would trust the Yeti's electronic safety gizmos and 4WD a lot, while taking curves on the hill roads and suddenly coming upon loose gravel, snow, water logging or ice. But I would NOT push it beyond sensible limits.
Old 14th June 2012, 23:37   #858
MAS
Senior - BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Vehicles such as these ought not to be pushed terribly hard on curves etc because they are NOT sports sedans. However, I would trust the Yeti's electronic safety gizmos and 4WD a lot, while taking curves on the hill roads and suddenly coming upon loose gravel, snow, water logging or ice. But I would NOT push it beyond sensible limits.
During my trip to Ambur today morning, I spotted the same Red Duster at Vellore. The car sat on the road like a frog, wide and short. The car was doing 110+ and was weaving in and out of traffic with ease. I was pretty impressed with its handling and high speed characteristics. I did take a few pictures of the test mule, but as most of us have already seen enough of the red SUV, I'm not posting them here.

I could peep into the car while overtaking it and found that the interiors were average with Chrome rings around the aircon ducts. The horn sounded like a single horn with weak "peemp" instead of a stronger tone, which would have better suited the rugged car.

I am very impressed with the car and would wait and watch before I decide on the Duster.
Old 14th June 2012, 23:43   #859
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAS

During my trip to Ambur today morning, I spotted the same Red Duster at Vellore. The car sat on the road like a frog, wide and short. The car was doing 110+ and was weaving in and out of traffic with ease. I was pretty impressed with its handling and high speed characteristics. I did take a few pictures of the test mule, but as most of us have already seen enough of the red SUV, I'm not posting them here.

I could peep into the car while overtaking it and found that the interiors were average with Chrome rings around the aircon ducts. The horn sounded like a single horn with weak "peemp" instead of a stronger tone, which would have better suited the rugged car.

I am very impressed with the car and would wait and watch before I decide on the Duster.
Good show.
I wonder why they put those cheap 'peemp" sounding horns on these SUV's. Same with the Bolero too!'
Old 14th June 2012, 23:56   #860
Senior - BHPian

^^
Does it really matter? You just need 500 Rupees to make it pom..pom
Latheesh is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 15th June 2012, 00:51   #861
Senior - BHPian

The new Renault three slat grille brings the heat down by a few notches,and is a direct nod to the Duster's mostly functional character.The Dacia grille gave it a touch of class, but the car still looks quite pert. All that chunkiness give it some road presence.

And those plates look really,really suspicious!
Old 15th June 2012, 10:15   #862
BHPian

why .. it is just transfer of an old registration on to a newer vehicle.. that is all..
Old 15th June 2012, 10:49   #863
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shankar.balan View Post
Expectation from these type of cross-overs is that they should handle 'nearly' as good as normal sedans (if not sports cars). That is the reason in these vehicles you don't see a warning on the sun-visor about possible 'roll over', which you see on regular SUVs.
Old 15th June 2012, 10:56   #864
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Latheesh View Post
^^
Does it really matter? You just need 500 Rupees to make it pom..pom
I guess it would if they plan to price it at 12L. What i mean is, the horn would be just one of the items they might have put through the cost cutting. All such items will start messing with your head if you are shelling out so much money. Then again, how knows if its going to be prices high.
One thing is for sure, if they price it very competitively, a "peemp" might be ignored by most of us.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:11   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyAn! View Post
The new Renault three slat grille brings the heat down by a few notches,and is a direct nod to the Duster's mostly functional character.The Dacia grille gave it a touch of class, but the car still looks quite pert. All that chunkiness give it some road presence.
I prefer the original Dacia front any day. The smoked headlamps, bifurcated grille - looked much better than the overdose of chrome and big clear headlamp units. Am guessing one can always get hold of these as after-market accessories... these are easily available around Europe.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:15   #866
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guna View Post
Expectation from these type of cross-overs is that they should handle 'nearly' as good as normal sedans (if not sports cars). That is the reason in these vehicles you don't see a warning on the sun-visor about possible 'roll over', which you see on regular SUVs.
I agree that these crossovers certainly handle far better than the traditional SUVs and all the electronic gizmos keep one safe, but I would still not wish to fling my yeti around bends the way I might, a mini cooper!
Old 15th June 2012, 11:21   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077 View Post
I prefer the original Dacia front any day. The smoked headlamps, bifurcated grille - looked much better than the overdose of chrome and big clear headlamp units. Am guessing one can always get hold of these as after-market accessories... these are easily available around Europe.
I agree, the grill is a big let down for me. For such a practical vehicle, they tried to add false premium-ness. It would be the first thing I would change if I bought it.
Old 15th June 2012, 11:25   #868
BHPian

smoked headlamps are only available as default in the 4WD version; which is not going to get launched here
Old 15th June 2012, 12:11   #869
BHPian

- Not a premium brand / rather unknown brand in India
- Not many dealerships / service centers
- Not even a single success story so far (of all its existing line up in India)
- Target is private owners (especially the 7-10 lakh sedan segment), not a good bet for taxis (like Innova )

Considering all the above, any price upwards of 10L OTR will make this a dud.
Old 15th June 2012, 15:14   #870
BHPian

Some more pics of the Duster running around in Mumbai.
Attached Thumbnails
Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster-2.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster-3.jpg  

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-duster-4.jpg  

mohandasnikhil is offline   (5) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks