Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:09   #1426
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am scheduled to be spending ~2 days with the Duster soon. Our comprehensive review will be up on the 3rd Saturday of July.
The much requested review--thanks GTO for the update. Can you please request inclusion of the Petrol version in the test drive? All the Reviews so far mention having seen and driven the Diesel versions only. With my 800 Km in 6 months driving average, I am one of the rare people who dont need a Diesel ;-)
paragpatankar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:10   #1427
BHPian

re: Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs

Hi Friends, I have been trying to follow this thread for quite some time and I have seen the excitement growing on the thread !

I just called Renault Dealership in Gurgaon and they offered a TD of Vehicle only from 5th Onwards, as for the price , same stale answer of 7-12 Lakhs

from what i gather while following the thread is some have too many expectations from duster from price to features , being wanting a lowest of prices and highest of features (Human nature ofcourse) yet some are keen to find flaws in yet unknown vehicle in our terrain.

Though Renault is not an underdog but it too deserves a chance to prove Duster and lets hope it does come up with sensible pricing and features that meet our (buyer ) expectations...

Cheers
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:13   #1428
BHPian

^^ Oh GTO, that would be just too late!

Junta here has booked vehicles without seeing the vehicle or knowing prices ; but will have to summon all their patience to not go ahead without a Tbhp TD !
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:20   #1429
BHPian

Well, thanks for the update GTO. Will wait for the review and hopefully would have done my TD at the Bangalore dealer before that. To be honest, I am kind of surprised that Renault has not allowed the Duster to be TD'ed by our mods until now.
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:47   #1430
BHPian

Dealers in Delhi and Gurgaon are charging 50k as booking deposit. No cancellation charges. The Delhi dealer (Renault West) said that cancellation charges will start applying for bookings made after today - but not for bookings made today. Expected delivery around September (so a 2 month wait period already).
Old 3rd July 2012, 14:50   #1431
BHPian

btw.. I hope they have thought of making a live streaming of the Launch. Or atleast upload the video on their site , for our viewing pleasure later.
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:05   #1432
BHPian

Have been asked to come for a TD tomorrow at Renault Whitefield.
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:13   #1433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
btw.. I hope they have thought of making a live streaming of the Launch. Or atleast upload the video on their site , for our viewing pleasure later.

I wish for the same !! I would expect extensive media coverage , including news channel streaming small videos of Duster along with prices...
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:19   #1434
SRG

My dealer in Hyderabad says the car would be on display on 5th and will be available for TD only after 5-7 days...
Old 3rd July 2012, 15:26   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by werfish View Post
Have been asked to come for a TD tomorrow at Renault Whitefield.
I would be pleasently surprised if renault offers a test drive tomorrow. Mostly on launch dates you would find a showroom display vehicle. Test/demo cars take anywhere between 2-4 weeks to arrive.
Old 3rd July 2012, 16:48   #1436
BHPian

Not sure if this has been posted earlier. Just got this email from Renault India:

Renault (including Duster Unveil) @ Auto Expo 2012 - EDIT: Now launched at 7.19 Lacs-untitled.jpg
Animesh is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:04   #1437
BHPian

I just got the email too!

Excited & hoping about getting all options available in Petrol version too (Trust me i am not under influnce of Alcohol!)

lets wait & watch the action tomm!
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:09   #1438
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
I am scheduled to be spending ~2 days with the Duster soon. Our comprehensive review will be up on the 3rd Saturday of July.
That's indeed a very good news. All of us over here are waiting with bated breath for this review to be out. This one would be the most sought after reviews in recent times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUXX View Post
^^ Oh GTO, that would be just too late!

Junta here has booked vehicles without seeing the vehicle or knowing prices ; but will have to summon all their patience to not go ahead without a Tbhp TD !
I can understand your feelings. I won't dare to book a new car, without going through TBHP review. However 3rd Saturday of July is 21st, so it is merely 18 days away. At least we now have a date as to when it will be out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by r0ckstar.1 View Post
Well, thanks for the update GTO. Will wait for the review and hopefully would have done my TD at the Bangalore dealer before that. To be honest, I am kind of surprised that Renault has not allowed the Duster to be TD'ed by our mods until now.
Even I am a bit surprised. Was TBHP not invited along with the journos of the auto mags like Autocar India & BS Motoring?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animesh View Post
Not sure if this has been posted earlier. Just got this email from Renault India:

Attachment 950652
You are the first one to post it. Even I have received the same e-mail from Renault Customer Care. Seems like it is going to be a big bang launch. Hope they price the Duster to give the most bang for our buck
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:22   #1439
BHPian

Thats Cool since Live Streaming of Launch is available !! so the Count down begins...

My Wishlist for Duster

1) Diesel Middle Variant 110 Bhp to be just under 10 Lakhs
2) which Includes ABS and Alloys
3) Delivery Period 3-4 weeks. not stretching to months like for Verna /XUV
4) Favourable Review from TBHP

then I would surely book it !!

Cheers
Old 3rd July 2012, 17:39   #1440
MAS
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutoIndian View Post
I can understand your feelings. I won't dare to book a new car, without going through TBHP review. However 3rd Saturday of July is 21st, so it is merely 18 days away. At least we now have a date as to when it will be out.
3rd Saturday of July is 21st, which is 18 days away. Those who want the Duster can book the car now and decide if they want to continue with the booking or cancel it once the T-BHP review is out. Eagerly waiting for the 21st of July.

Last edited by GTO : 5th July 2012 at 12:28. Reason: Correcting typo
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks