Old 25th April 2012, 09:57   #61
Team-BHP Support

Re: BMW/ Mercedes India 2012 model updates,

An article on Mercedes Benz India plans from BS Motoring (www.bsmotoring.com):

Mercedes-Benz India plans revealed
Old 9th May 2012, 22:20   #62
Senior - BHPian

I see too many similarity to that article to some of the posts made here months ago, anyways without getting much into discussions some more compilations from all over,

1. S-Class now has Navigation as standard and it is suppose to be quite advanced. Have not tried it. Also has wonderful alloys and panorama roof in 350 models also.
2. BMW 320d Highline / Exclusive also has Navigation
3. ML250 CDI is launching in diwali price will be about 45-47 Lac. Will be CKD.
4. B-Class will be ordered by dealers by August max so unless some marketing delay expect it by October.
5. The new SL is now available to order for those who wish to get them customized
6. X3 Corp. Ed. is being planned and if launched should be a wonderful package.

Long ago in a post I spoke of how car makers will soon try various ways to bring car prices down? I also spoke of Cloth seats? Well it finally has begun with the C220 CDI and honestly speaking I like it a lot more than the fake hard leather.

CLS350 CDI, is finally being looked at for a launch, I wonder why that was not the only model launched. Also lets hope they add better alloys and some better seats.

Mercedes offers 3 year extended warranty and service packages on some of it's models it's high time they make the public aware of it.

Regards,
S350L-E240 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 08:24   #63
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by S350L-E240 View Post
Long ago in a post I spoke of how car makers will soon try various ways to bring car prices down? I also spoke of Cloth seats? Well it finally has begun with the C220 CDI and honestly speaking I like it a lot more than the fake hard leather.
This is interesting. I always thought the C has real leather seats. Is it fake leather across all trims? Do they mention it as leather, or leatherette in equipment/feature list?
Old 10th May 2012, 12:26   #64
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I see too many similarity to that article to some of the posts made here months ago, anyways without getting much into discussions some more compilations from all over,

1. S-Class now has Navigation as standard and it is suppose to be quite advanced. Have not tried it. Also has wonderful alloys and panorama roof in 350 models also.
4. B-Class will be ordered by dealers by August max so unless some marketing delay expect it by October.
5. The new SL is now available to order for those who wish to get them customized

CLS350 CDI, is finally being looked at for a launch, I wonder why that was not the only model launched. Also lets hope they add better alloys and some better seats.

Mercedes offers 3 year extended warranty and service packages on some of it's models it's high time they make the public aware of it.

Regards,

ML 250CDI at 45-47 Lakh is one sweet deal ! Its a better alternative to the E, 5 and the A6 in my opinion. The New ML has fantastic interiors and its looks pretty good. 45-47 is ex showroom or on road ? Im guessing on road will be 50+?
Old 10th May 2012, 18:04   #65
Senior - BHPian

vb-san,

I think the Top end Avantgarde is real leather, mid-variant 'Elegance' is Leatherette, and the Base model is cloth. And the same gets mentioned in the equipment list as well.

This is something I had spoken of a year ago about how people will soon see different combinations that get tried upon to bring costs down in luxury segment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vb-san View Post
This is interesting. I always thought the C has real leather seats.
nik_kapur,

Sorry forgot to mention but it will be Ex-Showroom and quite loaded. So depending on the region you live in price will vary and you can just use any existing car in similar price to get an approximate figure.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik_kapur View Post
45-47 is ex showroom or on road ? Im guessing on road will be 50+?
S350L-E240 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th May 2012, 19:31   #66
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
How much is the SL for ex-showroom and on road?
Old 12th May 2012, 12:25   #67
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

7 CKD has begun since a month, it's about 4-5 Lac cheaper EX-Showroom but main difference comes in RTO cost which is now half so over all can cost you about 12 lac less than the CBU versions atleast based on Gujarat tax.

640d GC is available to order now can be delivered by Sept / October.

Sahil,

MB too now offers 3 year plans on some of it's models they just need to advertise it more and they are quite well priced too even for an S-Class.

Regards,

Quote:
BMW 7, expect this to go CKD in next few months, but thats at least 6 months or more from now so do not hold back if you need to buy one now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
Any pricing leads on the expected price of the 730Ld CKD and 640d GC?

Anyone got a comprehensive plan like this from MBIL? The CLS350 CDI should make it here soon. I hope this year MBIL get their act together and provides BSI plans!
Hello,

Currently they quote you in Euros but expect Base SL350 to be about 1,10,00,000.00 Ex-Showroom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth View Post
How much is the SL for ex-showroom and on road?
Regards,

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 12th May 2012 at 12:26. Reason: SL details,
Old 12th May 2012, 14:05   #68
VSD
BHPian

Quote:
Hello,

7 CKD has begun since a month, it's about 4-5 Lac cheaper EX-Showroom but main difference comes in RTO cost which is now half so over all can cost you about 12 lac less than the CBU versions atleast based on Gujarat tax.

640d GC is available to order now can be delivered by Sept / October.
I know the price of 640d coupe, how much more would it be for GC version?
Are they going to have a display vehicle anytime soon?
Old 12th May 2012, 17:27   #69
BHPian

They really need to price the GC well in our market, I think in the international market its priced similar to or slightly higher than the CLS. But with the CLS 350 being 67l ex-showroom its going to be hard, maybe.

Also S350L-E240, do you know when the new GL can be expected to go on sale and for how much?
Old 12th May 2012, 20:43   #70
Senior - BHPian

Mate,

My post was specifically about the GC, have mentioned the approximate price too in the previous post will raise a little due to taxes but not much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VSD
much more would it be for GC version?
Saarth,

CLS is 81 lax ex-showroom and the GC will be a little more expensive but still a lot better car best being it will be diesel.

GL will be assembled here am not sure of when assembly will begin but mostly March / April, they may do a few initial CBU lots like they are doing with the new ML but besides that I do not see GL CKD happen before the period I mentioned but will be well priced.

2013 is going to be big for MB India , a, b, s, ml, GL too many new CKD operations.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saarth
But with the CLS 350 being 67l ex-showroom its going to be hard, maybe.

Also S350L-E240, do you know when the new GL can be expected to go on sale and for how much?
Old 14th May 2012, 03:39   #71
BHPian

Quote:

Regards,
Hi Dev, Hope you're doing good
Do you have any information as to when the Facelifted 7 series will be launched in India? My dealer says it will be here only by 2013 as they need to clear the current stock.

Thanks
Old 14th May 2012, 12:46   #72
Senior - BHPian

The new A-Class Mercedes Benz will run on the Renault 1.5L diesel mill that does duty on Logan/ Verito, Fluence, Sunny & couple others.

But, they they claim to have made extensive changes in the mechanicals. Refer below link-

A-Class to employ Renault diesels
Old 14th May 2012, 13:43   #73
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
The new A-Class Mercedes Benz will run on the Renault 1.5L diesel mill that does duty on Logan/ Verito, Fluence, Sunny & couple others.
If it is true, that's good news. A-class has always been less than 4 meters, so there will be lesser tax.

But that will make petrol powered A-class to cost close to this entry level diesel, assuming MB don't have small turbocharged petrol engines. Let's see how MB prices these models. Let's hope they pass on the excise benefits to customers.
Old 14th May 2012, 14:24   #74
Senior - BHPian

Hello,

Honestly they just started CKD operations of the 730Ld a month back, and believe me they have a lot of kits for this year, also the facelift global launch is this month so I truly believe it will only make it to India sometime after November so would only logically make sense for them to launch as 2013 Model in Jan?

Attaching the CKD sheet.

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by eshwar.mohan View Post
Hi Dev, Hope you're doing good
Do you have any information as to when the Facelifted 7 series will be launched in India?
P.S Can a mod move the A-Class speculation / discussions to some other thread?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7_Series_730Ld.pdf (847.6 KB, 503 views)

Last edited by S350L-E240 : 14th May 2012 at 14:26.
Old 27th November 2012, 11:50   #75
BHPian

What are the model updates expected in 2013? is there a thread already?

Most Viewed