Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th January 2012, 15:38   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Perils of having a Mass Market Euro Car Dealership

Precisely my reason for advising my friends against buying a Skoda / VW ! Some people always tell me that the car is affordable from a purchase perspective. What I reply them is "do you want to sell your house to get it serviced / repaired" ! A whole lot of people don't know the Skoda part costs are atrocious, they think it's normal or slightly more than the Japs / Koreans. In fact I would be very happy if the authorities get the manufacturers to display the fixed interval normal service costs [parts] in the showrooms near the vehicles to be sold [just like displaying ARAI FE or proposed BEE ratings]
Old 15th January 2012, 16:10   #17
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeldo View Post
For me, an automobile is not a white good or appliance or hotel room. It's a part of my persona, a piece of my life.
These anecdotes just prove you to be a man of true class - the kind god doesn't make too often these days. Walk the talk when it comes to integrity is far easier said than done.
phamilyman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2012, 20:18   #18
BHPian

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Last edited by GTO : 16th January 2012 at 13:14.
saargoga is offline   Received Infraction
Old 16th January 2012, 05:27   #19
Senior - BHPian

@Yeldo, what you do is a rarity. Are you planning to get into Used cars business if not that would be a good investment for the lying around dough and what you are guaranteed is a kind of fan/cult following and good continuous business. I am serious, folks like you could change the scene single handedly.

Euro cars (especially Skoda) do not have a good resale, this could be one of the reasons. With all the fudging around of the odometer and all it becomes more of a pain. When we briefly looked at used cars surprised to see most Lauras with 1-2 years of warranty left were on the dock with similar odo readings, and dealer saying it would be hassle free to own as it is still under warranty.
mayankjha1806 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks