Team-BHP - 2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift. EDIT : It's a PHONY
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift. EDIT : It's a PHONY (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/114282-2012-mahindra-xylo-facelift-edit-its-phony.html)

M&M is all set to launch the Xylo facelift after the INNOVA received its latest one. More details here -
Here’s how the 2012 Mahindra Xylo facelift could look like! | IndianCarsBikes.in

Has anyone seen the new Xylo in flesh. Apparently some of the showrooms have already received the facelifted version.

2012 Mahindra Xylo Facelift. EDIT : It's a PHONY-mahindraxylompvfacelift.jpg

The Xylo facelift looks much better than the existing confused look. I just hope Mahindra improved the plastics inside as they look almost like the ones in the Indicab. :deadhorse

IMO, with this facelift, Mahindra will once again appeal to the Private buyers.

The front grill gives it a look similar to Cadillac. This look is good improvement in looks department. Wonder how much of a difference this is going to make in sales!

The headlights are good but the grille would be different I guess. It is not the typical Mahindra grille.

Wow ... This really looks better than existing one. New lights and grill are much better now, specially grill. Overall stand of the vehicle is good too. Certainly it will help sales for M&M.

Not bad at all.....infact the headlights have a hint of resemblance to the new Innova- this should shake things up in the MPV market. Imporved interitors will also be very welcome......

Nope, I dont think this is going to be the facelift model of the Xylo. First the front grill design does not look any where close to how Mahindra is designing their cars. Second, I had seen a photoshopped pic of Xylo here on TBHP (but cant remember which thread tit was) and it is the same one posted on the ICB.

Nevertheless, no doubt it looks better than the previous iteration, still not something to my taste atleast!

Expected changes:

Mahindra Xylo facelift exterior
1. New three-dimensional grill
2. Revised Front bumper
3. Different bonnet lines
4. Tweaked headlamps
5. Tail lamps with sections of transparent housing
6. New rear Spoiler
7. Blacked out B and C Pillars.
8. Rear bumper might see the inclusion of new reflectors.

Mahindra Xylo facelift upgrades
1. A new top-end variant, E9, with features borrowed from the XUV500 could be launched.
2. 4X4/mHawk, AT and more special editions in the pipeline
3. Petrol engines from Ssangyong calibrated for export model.

Courtesy - Indian Autos Blog | Indian Automobile Blog | Auto News India | Car News India

Looks better than the existing one. But still have miles to go I guess.
I won't be serious about this one if I was in market for buying one.

The new Xylo does look a bit better than the earlier one but lot depends on the plastics inside if they have to keep up the pace of Innova.

2012 I guess should be the year of facelifts. The year started with Innova, Fortuner and now Xylo. I think the slew of SUV launches in the Expo have forced the manufacturers to come out with cosmetic changes. Lots to be seen in the coming days

The earlier Xylo looked like a surprised Pig when you look at it from the front. Now, it doesn't look surprised anymore. But it still looks like a damn pig! Like a warthog. A boar..

I believe, the Xylo is one of those designs that had gone unnoticed by the big-wigs at Mahindra! How else could they have commissioned the design? It's so ugly, it makes Ssanyongs look pretty!

The biggest problem with the Xylo is that it is just NOT proportioned at all! It's too tall, and too narrow. The wheels are extremely small, and it has very high shoulders. It just doesn't look good, and unless they start from scratch, no face-lift is going to help its cause, IMO.

Post deleted by the Team-BHP Support : Please do NOT post one-liners that add little or no informational value to the thread. We need your co-operation to maintain the overall quality of this forum.

Please read our rules before proceeding any further.

Guys! Hold your horses!

The pic which is shown in the link was actually clicked by me at Sireesh Auto on Hosur Road. The Xylo image is actually a photoshopped version of the pic which i had taken. Quite a few people including myself had a go at it in Photoshop, and this is a byproduct of the same.

Clearly, that is NOT the facelifted Xylo!!

EDIT : Here is the pic i had created for the Xylo.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/shifti...ml#post1132358

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2647761)
Guys! Hold your horses!

The pic which is shown in the link was actually clicked by me at Sireesh Auto on Hosur Road. The Xylo image is actually a photoshopped version of the pic which i had taken. Quite a few people including myself had a go at it in Photoshop, and this is a byproduct of the same.

Thank god for that! It actually looks like a larger skoda dash fixed forcefully on the xylo. Definitely not to my taste.

And how easy it has become for sites to quote a "regular reader" as the source of such fake jobs!

Quote:

Originally Posted by benbsb29 (Post 2647761)
Guys! Hold your horses!

Thanks. This thread is hereby closed.