Team-BHP - Hyundai launches new variants for the EON. LPG kit too
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Hyundai launches new variants for the EON. LPG kit too (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/114294-hyundai-launches-new-variants-eon-lpg-kit-too.html)

High Points:

- Hyundai announces the launch of three new variants of the Eon. Clearly, their initial mix (variants) didn't make the cut, resulting in less-than-expected sales. This is basically some shuffling & nothing other than a price-cut.

The new variants are:

D-Lite + : Rs. 2.98 lakh (air-conditioning, power steering & body-coloured bumpers)

Era + : Rs. 3.12 lakh (adds front power windows and central locking)

Magna + : Rs 3.42 lakh (adds 2-Din audio system with USB, Aux and misc features)

- All three variants will also offer the LPG option at ~27,000 more. The LPG tank has a 34 litre capacity.

- Link to Hyundai Eon Review

Quote:

Originally Posted by GTO
High Points:

- Hyundai announces the launch of three new variants of the Eon. Clearly, their initial mix (variants) didn't make the cut, resulting in less-than-expected sales. The new variants are:

D-Lite + : Rs. 2.98 lakh (air-conditioning, power steering & body-coloured bumpers)

- Link to Hyundai Eon Review

At 2.98, D-lite will definately cut into the alto standard and lx sales.

Hyundai is going aggressive with tweaking features and pricing to give competition a run for their money. This is certainly a good move and should make MSIL sit up and take notice.

We were looking for a hatchback for someone, and EON is a good option that will make it to a shorted list.

Just wondering - why doesn't Hyundai launch a 1.1L variant of the Eon to compete with the Alto K10 ?

And an LPG option to boot. It would be a killer product. :D

Rohan

Is there any price cut? I guess yes. Now D lite looks more attractive than before. It will be 3.4 L (approx) on road i guess here in MH. Alto is 3.05 L on road. So it will be tough competition i guess. Hope Alto will also decrease the prices.

God bless competition ... hehe ;)

At 2.98 l D-Lite variant offers body coloured bumpers which is not standard in any of the 800 alto variants. So the fight is taken to another level here. Good move by Hyundai.

Finally, Hyundai is getting their strategy straight to hit the alto market.
D-Lite would find more takers now.
When Eon was launched, everyone was looking at it as an alto-killer whereas it was killed by the Wagon-R and Alto-K10 models.
This time around, I believe Eon sales would be better.

any chances of them launching an automatic option?

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2647980)
Just wondering - why doesn't Hyundai launch a 1.1L variant of the Eon to compete with the Alto K10 ?

IMHO it would turn out to be a dud, in 1.1 I get a santro or an i 10, why to go for Eon (positioned below).

This does look like a price cut . Because on each ' PLUS ' model they are offering a feature of the higher model. So the New DLITE Plus is the Old Era.

No wonder they were offering discounts last month. My Hyundai EON just got delivered last week and would not be happy had i not got the discount.

With the tweaked feature set and price its now a killer product. I have been using the car for past 1 week and quite like it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by kaks15 (Post 2648055)
IMHO it would turn out to be a dud, in 1.1 I get a santro or an i 10, why to go for Eon (positioned below).

Eon seems to be positioned below Santro and i10 because it currently has a smaller engine.

With a 1.1L engine, it may be positioned at par with or even higher than Santro.

It would be an enthusiast's delight, just like Alto K10. :D

Rohan

Quote:

Originally Posted by rohan_iitr (Post 2648099)
Eon seems to be positioned below Santro and i10 because it currently has a smaller engine.

With a 1.1L engine, it may be positioned at par with or even higher than Santro.

It would be an enthusiast's delight, just like Alto K10. :D

Rohan

Positioning is not only about engine capacity, its also what target segment you choose what perception people carry of your vehicle and what communication you send out using mass media, pricing, launch etc, apart from other things.

Eon is positioned as an entry level (first buy) car which a santro or an i 10 is not. The very reason they launched eon is that with santro/i10 they were unable to make a dent in alto sales is because alto has established it self as an entry level car whilst santro/i10 were never positioned there.

The entry level segment has a huge potential in our country but to replace a king is no kids play. Besides why would they need a 1.1 eon there are 2 products already in that segment doing insane numbers.

Many including GTO have said that this car could do with a smaller boot and more rear leg room.

Could the reason for a bigger Boot be that space was actually required to put the LPG Tank ?

Maybe they had pre decided that Eon LPG is on cards few months down the lane.

Prices are fine but why only LPG? They have to provide factory fitted CNG kit with the car to get the numbers going! Just like WagonR green or i10 CNG.

Use of CNG results in considerable drop in power . Not sure if an 800 CC engine would be able to take the CNG load . LPG on the other hand results in no loss of power and is thus practical for any car size.