Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 24th January 2012, 01:00   #151
BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

The best example is Fusion. These days every time I see one I feel bad that Ford discontinued this awesome car.

Had MSIL come up with something similar it would have been an instant hit.

One of residents in my apartment complex owns a fusion and a Nano, I think its the best combination one can have.
Old 24th January 2012, 09:35   #152
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1100D View Post
Wouldn't something like this made better sense. The hatch itself oferring the bootspace of the desire and also bigger on practicality.

Maybe from a marketing standpoint this would not have not helped create 2 products from one (the swift hatch and the dezire)

Attachment 876295

The original image

Attachment 876296
That is a really nice design. you are right, that will split sales of swift as it would still be a hatchback. That is a design Maruti can actually look into for under 4m hatch
Old 24th January 2012, 10:06   #153
BHPian

That is indeed a very good thought and very practical as well.

Given that 3 year old Ritz is due for getting under the knife and its back is its sore point, it may make sense to do something similar for Ritz, keeping it under 4 m and yet adding lots of boot space (and may be two jump seats for kids).
Old 24th January 2012, 14:40   #154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Wouldn't something like this made better sense. The hatch itself oferring the bootspace of the desire and also bigger on practicality.

Maybe from a marketing standpoint this would not have not helped create 2 products from one (the swift hatch and the dezire)

Attachment 876295

The original image
If they do like this then what is the difference between Swift & Dzire CS? They will looks identical, right? CS is made for sedan feel but with lesser boot. If they make like what you are saying, original Swift sales will get affected. Maruti is very clever & they are doing right thing.
Old 24th January 2012, 15:14   #155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
The best example is Fusion. These days every time I see one I feel bad that Ford discontinued this awesome car.

Had MSIL come up with something similar it would have been an instant hit.

One of residents in my apartment complex owns a fusion and a Nano, I think its the best combination one can have.
+1 , i too love the package of Fusion, but can't understand why it didn't take of in India. Wish Ford bring back the Fusion as a poor man's crossover with a modern look. i too believe that Dezire would 've been even more tempting if it would come in the first design with a lift-back 5 door option ?

Last edited by georgev : 24th January 2012 at 15:21.
Old 24th January 2012, 17:54   #156
Senior - BHPian

One thing is for sure, the current dzire re-sale values are set to drop. Until last week I had re-selling agents asking my 2008 VDI for about 5.30 lakhs { Bangalore }. With this new dzire getting launched, I'm sure the re-sale value will plummet. I even thought of trading in my old dzire for the new one. But I can't see myself with the new dzire CS for the next 5 years. Would rather wait, save some money and buy a proper sedan like the rapid or the New ford fiesta.
Old 24th January 2012, 19:53   #157
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Bigger boot
New DZire has a boot equal to Fabia and lesser than Jazz.
I believe all Jazz owners are the ones who love Jazz, and not because it is compact.
I mentioned "DZire has a bigger boot", only when compared to Swift, and not with any other sedan.

Though Jazz has a much bigger boot, it is an un-inspiring car, IMO. As someone else mentioned, it's a van / mpv for me!
Old 24th January 2012, 23:02   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aniketi View Post
If they do like this then what is the difference between Swift & Dzire CS? They will looks identical, right? CS is made for sedan feel but with lesser boot. If they make like what you are saying, original Swift sales will get affected. Maruti is very clever & they are doing right thing.
I wasn't suggesting a 2 model-line (Swift and Dzire) strategy. Instead one single longer/larger swift itself. This would have addressed one big sore point with the new Swift - bootspace. On practicality front, this larger hatch would have made much more sense than a short booted sedan of the exact same length.

On the other hand, the rudimentary photoshop I had done, also hinted at increased wheelbase.

However, in my own words, I had said, that although this might seem more practical, from a marketing standpoint,they are getting to sell 2 different cars at 2 different pricepoints. One with a limited bootspace and another with a limited visual appeal (and limited practicality).

Quote:

Old 25th January 2012, 07:06   #159
BHPian

I have already booked ZDI. Two colour interior looks nice, beige colour seats and cabin will look more spacious and more positive changes than old dzire.boot is integrated in better way.price difference will be 50,000 than corresponding swift model.delivary of cars will start from 7 to 15 february.some customers of swift will also divert booking. Practical boot, competitive price, maruti after sale service,positive new changes--all favour for another hit product...
Old 25th January 2012, 07:21   #160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt View Post
I have already booked ZDI. Two colour interior looks nice, beige colour seats and cabin will look more spacious and more positive changes than old dzire.boot is integrated in better way.price difference will be 50,000 than corresponding swift model.delivary of cars will start from 7 to 15 february.some customers of swift will also divert booking. Practical boot, competitive price, maruti after sale service,positive new changes--all favour for another hit product...

I feel swift zdi is already over priced now, +50K for dzire with a tiny boot is not any VFM. I guess its 300 odd litres of boot space is not any better than most of the hatches say i20/punto/figo.
Old 25th January 2012, 08:07   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS

I feel swift zdi is already over priced now, +50K for dzire with a tiny boot is not any VFM. I guess its 300 odd litres of boot space is not any better than most of the hatches say i20/punto/figo.
When one has to give quality interior material, high tensile steel, new platform--all will increase cost.
I20---steering issue,ac issues are still going on.
Punto--worrying after sale service
Figo---poor quality interior, panel gaps, not good engine.
So at presenr swift and dzire are winner.
We have to wait till somebody comes with punto's engine, maruti after sale service,i20 space,suspension of maruti....so at present good choice is swift and swift dzire....
Old 25th January 2012, 09:09   #162
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
One thing is for sure, the current dzire re-sale values are set to drop. Until last week I had re-selling agents asking my 2008 VDI for about 5.30 lakhs { Bangalore }. With this new dzire getting launched, I'm sure the re-sale value will plummet. I even thought of trading in my old dzire for the new one. But I can't see myself with the new dzire CS for the next 5 years. Would rather wait, save some money and buy a proper sedan like the rapid or the New ford fiesta.
Ironically, both the Ford Fiesta and the Skoda Rapid aren't really proper sedans either. They're hatchbacks just like the Swift, that have been given the 'boot' treatment for developing markets.

In fact, I don't think there is any sedan under 10 lakhs that is a 'proper' sedan per se. All of them started out life as hatchbacks.

If you really want to buy a new car, sell the Dzire now before its value plummets in the next few weeks. Or else, just stick with it and milk it for what it's worth before upgrading to a larger car.
Old 25th January 2012, 09:51   #163
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by omvnbhatt View Post
I have already booked ZDI. .price difference will be 50,000 than corresponding swift model.delivary of cars will start from 7 to 15 february.some customers of swift will also divert booking. Practical boot, competitive price, maruti after sale service,positive new changes--all favour for another hit product...
Already
booked new dzire ? Has the booking started ?
And what will be the waiting period once the car is booked?

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
One thing is for sure, the current dzire re-sale values are set to drop. Until last week I had re-selling agents asking my 2008 VDI for about 5.30 lakhs { Bangalore }.
Wait till the 2012 budget or even for few months, once the price of new dzire goes up, your car's 2nd hand value will go up as well

Dzire for another dzire ? Better upgrade to something different or substantial.

Last edited by Turbokick : 25th January 2012 at 09:57.
Old 25th January 2012, 15:36   #164
Senior - BHPian

I was speaking to Bimal autos, Bangalore and the sales person said that they expect to receive a car for demo and staff training by the 30th January and he also confirmed that bookings would open by 10th of February or so. The official launch may be in the first week of Feb. About the prices, he indicated that the dzire CS may be less than the current dzire by 30k or so. I think this is a good strategy by Maruti. If they manage to keep the CS less by 30-40k than the current dzire, then that leaves them an option of pricing the all new sedan based on the swift 30k more than the current dzire, meaning there would be a 60k difference between the cs and the new sedan. In the mean while it also means that the current dzire will continue selling well since some people may not actually know that the new dzire cs is an all new car and might opt for a bigger boot in form of the current dzire.
Old 26th January 2012, 13:03   #165
rmk
BHPian

got some new pics from different blogs
Courtesy : overdrive, quartermile, autocar
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-7t4g8736.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012jan162153232-1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dzirebak.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire24011209_092614.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire24011214_092646.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire24011219_093753.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-newmsdzireslide_3_640x480.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-newmsdzireslide_6_640x480.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-newmsdzireslide_13_640x480.jpg  

Attached Images

rmk is offline   (4) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks