Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2012, 18:27   #166
NPV
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Getting interesting since there's lot of talk about which one will be better - the outgoing model or the new one. Also, there is talk about the outgoing model losing it's resale value, etc but still rumours so we have to wait and see how the markets will react.

A request/suggestion for the Team BHP review of the new Dzire (whenever it is published):
Please include a comparison with the outgoing model including side x side pictures to compare the two visually.

Last edited by NPV : 26th January 2012 at 18:49.
Old 26th January 2012, 19:23   #167
Senior - BHPian

Oh boy, oh my god...

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-newmsdzireslide_13_640x480.jpg

=

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-43940ma.jpg

The "dented back" trait is carried forward...
sidindica is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th January 2012, 23:45   #168
BHPian

Traing of few centers of gujarat state is over. Like swift..all old dzire booking will transfer for new dzire.those who have seen the car..they praise a lot...really beautiful and excellent overall package...

Note from the Team-BHP Support Team: Please take the time to use proper punctuation as per Team-BHP rules. Avoid...typing...like...this. Thanks.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 27th January 2012 at 00:08.
Old 27th January 2012, 00:17   #169
Senior - BHPian

Making a good looking car cannot cost extra money in the designing phase of the project.

The dzire will be a bestseller in its current guise, there is no doubt about that, but maruti should have done better.
Old 27th January 2012, 11:30   #170
BHPian

Is the launch date announced? Because I just saw 2 White Z(X/D)Is parked on the side of the road just ahead of Crystal Honda and before Toyota Showroom, Bavdhan, Pune on NH4 Bypass. Looks less ugly in flesh I must say.
Old 27th January 2012, 11:47   #171
BHPian

The launch date is 1st Feb.

The dealer tells me that a couple of cars are in Pune and had visited ARAI.

The dealers have started getting their demo vehicles. The trainings for the new Dzire have been conducted / are in process.

No confirmation on the prices though but it looks unlikely that the prices will be increased.
Old 27th January 2012, 12:41   #172
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
The "dented back" trait is carried forward...
But it is there for the hot-looking Kizashi too!
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-newmsdzireslide_13_640x480.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2010_suzuki_kizashi_sedan_csr_034d6e2e67b75a3m-610x450.jpg  

Old 27th January 2012, 20:07   #173
BHPian

Launch date is 1 feb. Delivary will start after one week.maruti claims that there are 150 total changes than old dzire.(some changes will be pure cosmetic.)
Old 28th January 2012, 00:07   #174
BHPian

If New Dzire or Kizashi carries the dented theme, then the Ritz is said to be car who taken this element much seriously or in the other words 'Excess of everything is bad' .

The kink in the bootlid is on of the striking element of this car, lending it a fake/virtual length to the car.
Even ANHC, Fluidic Verna, Kizashi, some of the Fords in US are having the same styling cue & looks striking too.

Can't wait till 1st for its launch, as such exciting car from Maruti means its the time to convert the booking of my Swift ZDi to it, I guess..
Old 28th January 2012, 23:01   #175
Senior - BHPian

IMO 'thick' door lines do not look good on a sedan.
Two things about this 'new' DZire, its still odd looking rather I would say ugly and it will still sell like hot cake.

Auto availability restricted to petrol makes me think that it wont be VFM. And again any day I would prefer Swift over DZire.
Old 30th January 2012, 12:18   #176
Senior - BHPian

I saw the new dzire cs at Bimal auto's {bangalore} stock yard on the 28th and i'm sorry to say that the vehicle actually looks quite bad in flesh. The pictures dont tell you the actual story. The side profile of the car is very weird and the very short boot looks terrible. I was actually interested in trading my 3.5 yr old dzire vdi for a new dzire ZDI, but when I saw the car, I decided not to go ahead with it.
The sales guy claimed that the dzire cs has an extended wheelbase of 40mm when compared to the new swift and hence the interior space is better. I sat inside and felt so too. I actually saw the ZXI which was loaded to the hilt. 15" alloys are a new addition apart from other features carried over from the new swift. I was also told that the new dzire CS may be 25k-30k cheaper than the current dzire. It would mean that the new dzire cs zdi may be about 8.5 lakhs OTR bangalore! That's a lot of money for a very weird looking car. The boot feels smaller than the indigo cs too. And there is no layer between the seats and the boot, just like the hatch. The current dzire has a carpet covered all over the boot, whereas this feels like a "notchback" than a sedan at all. The sale guy also said that the current dzire bookings may be transferred to the new dzire and did not seem to be aware if the current dzire will continue selling. All in all, a great disappointment! It may still sell well, but the manza and the etios are clearly better VFM propositions.
motorworks is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 13:17   #177
Senior - BHPian

I spotted a couple of online banner ads for the new DZire. It read "Go ahead. Desire again."

Wonder how they are out even before the official launch.
Old 30th January 2012, 16:09   #178
Senior - BHPian

Presenting the dzirable brochure
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00501.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00502.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00503.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00506.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00507.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00509.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00512.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00513.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00515.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00517.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00522.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00523.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dsc00524.jpg  

sidindica is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 30th January 2012, 19:22   #179
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sidindica View Post
Presenting the dzirable brochure
Thanks for the brochure. Any clarification regarding Feb 1 launch?
Old 31st January 2012, 00:43   #180
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by motorworks View Post
I saw the new dzire cs at Bimal auto's {bangalore} stock yard on the 28th and i'm sorry to say that the vehicle actually looks quite bad in flesh. The pictures dont tell you the actual story. The side profile of the car is very weird and the very short boot looks terrible. I was actually interested in trading my 3.5 yr old dzire vdi for a new dzire ZDI, but when I saw the car, I decided not to go ahead with it.
The sales guy claimed that the dzire cs has an extended wheelbase of 40mm when compared to the new swift and hence the interior space is better. I sat inside and felt so too. I actually saw the ZXI which was loaded to the hilt. 15" alloys are a new addition apart from other features carried over from the new swift. I was also told that the new dzire CS may be 25k-30k cheaper than the current dzire. It would mean that the new dzire cs zdi may be about 8.5 lakhs OTR bangalore! That's a lot of money for a very weird looking car. The boot feels smaller than the indigo cs too. And there is no layer between the seats and the boot, just like the hatch. The current dzire has a carpet covered all over the boot, whereas this feels like a "notchback" than a sedan at all. The sale guy also said that the current dzire bookings may be transferred to the new dzire and did not seem to be aware if the current dzire will continue selling. All in all, a great disappointment! It may still sell well, but the manza and the etios are clearly better VFM propositions.
Today i have seen dzire zxi. interiors are of quality material. dash board is much better than old model.rear light has better curve than old one. overall much better package than old model. many positive change like less vibration, hydrolic mounted engine, less noise due to better insulation, two colour interior,really very good car. music system quality is much better.manza and etios quality is not better than new dzire.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks