Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 16th January 2012, 14:21   #1
Senior - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Note from Mod : GTO's Dzire Review has been uploaded here. Please continue the discussion on the review thread.

Source - Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February - The Economic Times

Four years after it launched the entry-level sedan Swift DZire, the country's largest car maker Maruti Suzuki India is bringing a shortened version of the car that will hit the market next month.

Although the model will qualify for the excise duty of 10 per cent enjoyed by small cars, the company said it is unlikely that the new version of DZire will be priced lesser than the existing one, which ranges between Rs 4.94 lakh and Rs 7.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).

Last edited by GTO : 1st February 2012 at 15:45. Reason: Adding link to review thread
rameshnanda is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 14:29   #2
BHPian

The article says "automatic on the petrol version". Really!? Or just some uninformed reporting?
Old 16th January 2012, 14:50   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rameshnanda
Source - Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February - The Economic Times

Although the model will qualify for the excise duty of 10 per cent enjoyed by small cars, the company said it is unlikely that the new version of DZire will be priced lesser than the existing one, which ranges between Rs 4.94 lakh and Rs 7.29 lakh (ex-showroom Delhi).
Is it a joke by maruti? A Dzire CS priced at par with Dzire? And they expect to sell it? What is MSIL thinking.
If I am not mistaken, they will be selling the Dzire and the new Dzire CS side by side. The new CS will not replace the existing Dzire. Am I right?

Last edited by vinit.merchant : 16th January 2012 at 14:55.
Old 16th January 2012, 14:57   #4
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Wasent this supposed to be a smaller Dzire to cut costs? It surely does not look to be so. Does not make sense to have a smaller Dzire for the same price, or is it MSIL trying to not increase prices but increasing margins by making it smaller or removing some spec?
Old 16th January 2012, 14:58   #5
Senior - BHPian

I am curious to know if they will discontinue existing DZire or not. Current DZire is also a market hit & still enjoys long waiting periods. I think they will play safe by keeping both models in the market. They mentioned 150 new features. I am excited to know what are they If new one is really cool, i would like to exchange by existing petrol to new Diesel
Old 16th January 2012, 15:52   #6
BHPian

I don't understand this strategy of Maruti launching cars when they are already having backlog of orders for existing cars !
- Swift and current dzire still having 6-9 months of waiting months. Especially the diesel variants. And there will be two more additions : Ertiga and Dzire CS.
- I won't be surprised if the CS variant will have 5-6 months of waiting period from day one

For the CS being priced at par with dzire, the move isn't surprising since we didn't get any benefit when Swift came with 1.2Kseries instead of 1.3Gseries availing the govt benefit.
Nor will people mind this especially when diesel is high on demand.

Dzire's advantage
- Bigger boot

CS's advantage
- better build
- better looking interiors
- better refined suspension (going by the new swift's improved ride and handling)

I would still like to see the CS to be priced more competently
Old 16th January 2012, 16:11   #7
BHPian

SOurce IAB

New Dzire Spotted
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012.jpg  

Y@SH is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 17:07   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

But is there room enough for the Dzire CS and original Dzire to exist in the same market? I mean it will be really tight squeeze in there. In the end they might just end up eating eachothers numbers. Just like the WagonR more or less killed the Estillo and A-star with very little price difference between them.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:41   #9
BHPian

More Pictures on Vicky.in
Here is the link

With Interior Snap shot
2012 Maruti swift dzire Pictures | Vicky.in | India Automobile Blog

Last edited by LongDrive : 16th January 2012 at 17:44.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:42   #10
Senior - BHPian

This has the front of the new swift or its just a CS model of the old Dzire?

EDIT:Just saw the other thread,got my answer.

Last edited by avishar : 16th January 2012 at 17:44.
Old 16th January 2012, 17:54   #11
BHPian

Wonder how they managed to get such a prominent rear within 4 meters. Even assuming it offers the interior room of a Swift, nothing more, it still deserves kodos! Can the nose be shortened to that extent to hold a 1.2 kseries or a 1.3mjd? The looks are good, I hope the interiors are good too! Gud luck Suzuki.
Old 16th January 2012, 18:50   #12
e46
BHPian

“We have invested a lot on the new DZire. It is on a brand new platform. There are at least 150 new features compared to the existing DZire and it is unlikely that the new one will be priced lesser,” Maruti Suzuki India Managing Executive Officer (Marketing and Sales) Mayank Pareek said.

now this is not something, which I was expecting. :( The report says, they are gonna discontinue the top and mid segment of existing Dzire, and hence compel customers to buy the new compact Dzire at whatever or same price as the old one.

Abhishek
Old 16th January 2012, 18:50   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitin.rai View Post
The article says "automatic on the petrol version". Really!? Or just some uninformed reporting?
If we go by the tweet of Siddharth V Patankar - it's true.

http://twitpic.com/87zkn0

guess the mods should merge this thread onto this: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...zire-test.html

Last edited by blackasta : 16th January 2012 at 18:55.
Old 16th January 2012, 19:12   #14
Senior - BHPian

Posting the pics courtesy vicky.in and SVP's tweet. AT option also there. Looks better than expected.

additional images in white sourced frm here:

Maruti Swift Dzire 2012 spied near dealer yard - Spyshots
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire2.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire3.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire4.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire5.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire6.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-2012swiftdzire7.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-497146428.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout1.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout2.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout3.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout4.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout5.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout6.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout7.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout8.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout9.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout10.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout11.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-marutiswiftdzire2012spiedinsideout12.jpg  

Last edited by sidindica : 16th January 2012 at 19:23.
sidindica is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 16th January 2012, 19:18   #15
Distinguished - BHPian

Here is the link with more snaps of Dzire CS(courtesy MegaPower-BOSCH) MegaPower -Bosch Car Service, Jammu: Pre-Launch Pictures of Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire 2012 Model (Compact Sedan) Looking at the snaps,1st and last,it looks like the top end Zxi/Zdi will get a double din audio system or is it a display for other things also?

P.S.-It seems either i did not see it or the IAB guys uploaded the snaps from the above mentioned web-site because when i checked them earlier,i didn't see these snaps on IAB web-site.(I may be wrong.)

Last edited by BoneCollector : 16th January 2012 at 19:36.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks