Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 17th January 2012, 13:40   #61
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Some more pictures on this page : Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire 2012 New Model Interiors and Exteriors Details Explained With Pictures

Source: Carblogindia
Old 17th January 2012, 13:45   #62
BHPian

in my opinion, the new Dzire has a more propotionate design (except for the side profile) than the current gen Dzire.

since Dzire has a waiting period, what would happen to those people who had booked (and now waiting for allocation) Dzire V/Z trims and since those trims would now be discontinued, would MSIL push those customers to accept a shorter car than they had booked/were promised and that too at the same cost; if yes, how ethical is that?
Old 17th January 2012, 13:49   #63
Senior - BHPian

At the same cost, any sane person will take back their booking no matter how great looking the boot. But MS wants to capitalize on the people who have finished waiting period to see if they can be gullible to fall for this offering. The car itself doesnt look bad and in fact its much more of a looker than before. Honestly if the photos itself look good i would only assume that the car will be looking much better in person and reality. I just hope rear legroom is substantially improved. but i think it can only seat 4 comfortably.

here are some more pics (courtesy: carblogindia)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-3.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-4.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-5.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-6.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-12.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-13.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-maruti-swift-dzire-2012-spy-pictures-15.jpg  

Last edited by GeekSrik : 17th January 2012 at 14:03.
GeekSrik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 14:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

This seems interesting, after having a look at the pics I could not make out if the rear seats offer 60:40 split?
Leg room in the rear does look better in the pics, now eagerly waiting to see it in metal.

Regards
Old 17th January 2012, 14:38   #65
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinit.merchant View Post
Is it a joke by maruti? A Dzire CS priced at par with Dzire?
The Swift is a premium hatchback now, thus the new Swift Dzire will run dangerously close to bigger, more "proper" sedans. That said, the new Dzire is a generation newer than the outgoing car, and also looks better (no longer as quirky).

Maruti needs to keep the Stock Exchange happy. It knows that the super-long line of the Swift guarantees good demand for the new Dzire (especially if its available quicker). Their stock took a hammering last year due to all the labour issues, and this year is all about the bottom line. That's why we'll see the Dzire CS sell at a price higher than it ideally should.

The Dzire will contribute big time to the bottom line. Too bad about the small boot, I mean the logic behind buying a sedan over a hatchback is that boot!!
Old 17th January 2012, 14:41   #66
Senior - BHPian

Never beena fan of dzire. But this one looks far better proportioned than outgoing one. It may be little down on boot-space but boot is well integrated and that tail-heavy look of old Dzire is gone, mercifully. Should replicate success of older Dzire. Those bent on boot-space strictly may explore Manza.
Old 17th January 2012, 15:09   #67
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
Too bad about the small boot, I mean the logic behind buying a sedan over a hatchback is that boot!!
Calling it a sedan would be a big joke. Perhaps this is why Car marketeers coined the term notchback. Feel like cancelling my Swift booking and go for the new Dzire. Will give me the size advantage of a hatchback with comparatively more boot space. But a lot would depend on TBHP review.

Lets hope Maruti does not market it as a sedan. Otherwise would become a wannabe sedan owner.
Old 17th January 2012, 15:10   #68
BHPian

Instead of making it a CS, MSIL could very well have made it a EH - Enlarged Hatch. This would have liberated a lot more head space for rear passengers and at the sime keeping the boot size similar (even more if you consider the space after removing the rear parcel tray).

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-dzire-eh.jpg

(Sorry for the very bad paint job)
p'arth is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 15:24   #69
BHPian

Today's Business Line reports the present gen Dzire may become a taxi model. Should be heartbreaking for current owners

Business Line : Industry & Economy / Marketing : With new Dzire coming, Maruti eyes taxi segment for old model
Old 17th January 2012, 15:31   #70
Senior - BHPian

Just read online that Maruti has hiked the prices for all its products except Swift Dzire. I think this proves what GTO said a couple of posts back. MS is banking on Dzire to pull it back from the recent losses. BTW the rear earlier looked horrific, now it looks even more so.

Maruti increases prices by up to 3.4% - India - DNA.
Old 17th January 2012, 15:44   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by p'arth View Post
Instead of making it a CS, MSIL could very well have made it a EH - Enlarged Hatch. This would have liberated a lot more head space for rear passengers and at the sime keeping the boot size similar (even more if you consider the space after removing the rear parcel tray).

Attachment 872845

(Sorry for the very bad paint job)
I also think that a crossover could've been better idea than a sedan. I am posting my imagination of Swift Crossover which was published on IndianAutosBlog website too, article is here : Imagining a Suzuki Swift crossover - Rendering

Request to Mods : Please remove this post if it has irrelevancy with the topic or braking rules of the community.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-05-swiftdezirecrossover2011.jpg  

Last edited by tbppjpr : 17th January 2012 at 15:46. Reason: Adding Quote
tbppjpr is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 15:52   #72
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbppjpr View Post
I also think that a crossover could've been better idea than a sedan. I am posting my imagination of Swift Crossover which was published on IndianAutosBlog website too, article is here : Imagining a Suzuki Swift crossover - Rendering
This is a lovely rendering and design. Kudos!

Historically, I cannot recollect any "Estate" version - Indigo Marina, Baleno Altura, Skoda or even the old rover montego clubman- that did significant numbers. However, the same cannot be said about sedans. Taking a leaf out of Tata's book on extending the life of a hatch back - (Indica, indigo, indigo marina, Indigo XL and finally Indigo CS) MSIL is looking to do the same.

The market will react rather positively, to this information - With the dzire moved out (with fewer gizmos to the taxi market) the CS DZire with more gadets but same price tag with lower tax - the profitability is increasing. Also, one must note that with the new swift in Place- in order to reduce the number of SKUs - the DZire also needed an upgrade (where a lot of the parts are the same) thus - this was a logical step for MSIL.

On the consumers accepting this 3 box hashback - only time will tell.

Last edited by madan80 : 17th January 2012 at 15:54. Reason: added information
madan80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 15:59   #73
Senior - BHPian

Zigwheels report on new Dzire:

New Swift Dzire: First Drive Page - 1| Zigwheels.com
_raVan_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 16:31   #74
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Thanks for sharing the link, Zigwheels have better pictures.

Maruti changed the bumper in DZire then why they left the grill size same, they could have changed the front grill part in bumper too for achieving much more different appearance from the hatch. Hatch grill looks much better then the New DZire grill.

My thoughts on front grill :
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-newswiftdzirefd_4_560x420.jpg  

tbppjpr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2012, 16:47   #75
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Is it only Maruti who is fooling us like this? What about Tata (CS, Indigo and Manza), Fiat (Linea), VW (Vento) and Toyota (Etios)? Are they doing any rocket science to attach the boot to the respective hatch version?
Yes it is only Maruti and Tata. When you go for the Manza compared to the Vista you are getting a full sized sedan not just one with slightly more boot space. You get different interiors, much more space for the rear passengers and whole lot of more features.

Tata is doing the same with the Indigo CS but that is catered more for taxi segment.

When you buy the Linea you get the option of T-JET or diesel with again more space and more features.

With the Vento you get more powerful 1.6L engines compared to the 1.2L of the Polo (The Polo has a 1.6L Petrol I know). You get much more rear legroom, more features and a proper huge boot.

With the Etios, you get a larger wheelbase, 1.5L petrol engine compared to Liva 1.2L. The rear space of the Etios is in a different segment compared to the hatch Liva.

What I'm trying to say is that with other manufacturers are giving you more when you opt for the sedan version. You don't get car that is neither a hatch nor a proper sedan.
Vid6639 is offline   (3) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks