Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 13:13   #121
Team-BHP Support

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Honestly? If I were in the market for a car in the 8-10 lakh bracket, I would walk past the Swift Dzire and buy the Swift diesel instead. Think about it. I would save:

- Roughly 50,000 rupees by buying the hatch, instead of this pseudo contraption with a wart on the back that has no purpose whatsoever.

- My face.
suhaas307 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th January 2012, 13:50   #122
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes, the difference between Swift ZDI and New Dzire ZDI will be around 65000/-. So, this extra amount is just for the extra 100litre boot when compared to New Swift. I think they should have increased the length of New Swift little more for a bigger boot instead of coming with a new model like this because prospective Dzire customers will be looking for a bigger boot space. Now this is kind of for people who are not happy with the Swift boot but still want to stick to Maruti.

IMO, even though MSIL is stopping the VDI,ZDI of the current Dzire, private customers looking for bigger boot might still go for LDI version and fit the required accessories expect the ABS/Climate control which are factory fitted. It would be still cheaper and VFM than the new Dzire. Also, Etios/Manza might see a increase in their sales number.
Old 19th January 2012, 15:43   #123
BHPian

Maruti is charging a lot of premium for swift already with another hike of Rs 17000 recently and now for Dzire even excise cut they are not willing to cut the price to benefit the consumers!

Let's hope Tata brings its Manza CS early and passes on the excise benefit, that will increase the VFM further.

Last edited by rock75 : 19th January 2012 at 15:45.
Old 19th January 2012, 22:53   #124
BHPian

Why couldn't they just extend the c-pillar by 150mm and give the Swift hatch an actual boot (like other B+ segment cars)?

Why all this wizardry of adding a boot with usable space equivalent to a Figo / Jazz / Fabia / i20? Wouldn't a Swift with that much space be much better at being a good hatch?

I could actually make sense out of the philosophy behind the Ertiga but this is inexplicable!!
antz.bin is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 20th January 2012, 21:14   #125
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by antz.bin View Post
Why couldn't they just extend the c-pillar by 150mm and give the Swift hatch an actual boot (like other B+ segment cars)?
Then where is the scope for the next New Swift to be launched after 4 - 5 years?
Old 20th January 2012, 22:04   #126
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Why all this wizardry of adding a boot with usable space equivalent to a Figo / Jazz / Fabia / i20? Wouldn't a Swift with that much space be much better at being a good hatch?

I could actually make sense out of the philosophy behind the Ertiga but this is inexplicable!!
Actually, the new Swift with the small boot is starting to make sense now.

Anyone who wants a comparatively bigger boot will think of the DZire, and if they want a proper sedan with a proper boot, they can upgrade to the next bigger option (either the SX4 or a new MS sedan/Ertiga/XA Alpha?). This is where they have to think of bringing in a better option than the SX4 (which I am thinking is already brewing and we will see it in 2012 itself).

This way, MSIL is clearly differentiating in their presentation of options to the buyers.

And the icing on the cake is undoubtedly the DDiS badge.

Maruti is really counting on Brand Swift and Brand DZire to bring in the sales, and they shouldn't be blamed for that because those two are their biggest sellers (other one being the Alto, but of course). Loyalists and safe-options-pursuers will stick to them and the sales will continue to flow, plus there's the huge advantage of the Maruti Suzuki badge on both cars.

They are playing their cards smartly, I must say.
Old 21st January 2012, 13:56   #127
Senior - BHPian

This car will be a moneyspinner for MSIL. The company will save on excise and it will add to the bottomline which has been under pressure due to the labour issues and the high inflation.

Time to buy MSIL stock.
Old 21st January 2012, 21:41   #128
Senior - BHPian

They have a couple of them parked at Parkland Retreat in Chattarpur, Delhi. Saw it last night, its pretty decent in terms of the boot integration and it does look a lot better than the old one !! I felt its a bit small and many buyers who want a sedan for status will look at other larger options like the Etios, Manza and Sunny.
Old 22nd January 2012, 11:07   #129
BHPian

Business-Standard reports that the automatic is a CVT. I thought it would be the torque converter one. I don't know whether BS got it right.

Pradeep
Old 22nd January 2012, 15:13   #130

Quote:

Totally agree wit you antz. Sad to see MSIL go the Tata way and bring out poorly designed iterations of its cars banking only on brand image and service network strength. Only hope they do not come out with a different iteration of the dzire similar to the Indigo XL and continue selling all three versions ( including the current Old gen Dzire) alongside each other
Old 22nd January 2012, 20:34   #131
rmk
BHPian

I think this one is going to be a winner for sure

1. Its a maruthi
2. Its a swift
3. Interiors look awesome. (Dont know about the plastic quality though)n
4. omnipresent service network and aftersale value.
5. fuel efficient (thats TWO big points. my friend is getting a consistent 22kmpl)
6. Its a looker compared to the outgoing model.

Ive been researching for allmost 3 years. Always loved the i20 for its interiors but it dint have that spark. Last year almost booked an asta, but something was odd, felt like it was not the car for me. Felt like i was compromising on too many other things, just for those beige interiors.

Now see who is smiling?! A dzire in beige. Loved the dashboard.
Was about to book a verna, but now i've decided to buy the dzire instead. The interiors look much better than vern'a's (completely personel)

Booking one on February 1st as soon as the brochure is out. Anyone have any idea, which is the other colour (other than the blue shown in bhudh)??

Last edited by rmk : 22nd January 2012 at 20:36. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 22nd January 2012, 23:00   #132
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
Booking one on February 1st as soon as the brochure is out. Anyone have any idea, which is the other colour (other than the blue shown in bhudh)??
From what I read somewhere, it has all the shades from Swift + there are 2 new colors, one being the blue. Don't remember what is the other color. Also if you are sure to buy this car, why do you want to wait till Feb 1. All the current V&Z pending bookings for Dzire will be converted to the new one if I am not wrong. So the more you wait, the list will keep on growing!
swiftnfurious is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 07:41   #133
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swiftnfurious View Post
From what I read somewhere, it has all the shades from Swift + there are 2 new colors, one being the blue. Don't remember what is the other color. Also if you are sure to buy this car, why do you want to wait till Feb 1. All the current V&Z pending bookings for Dzire will be converted to the new one if I am not wrong. So the more you wait, the list will keep on growing!

I too thought the same swiftnfurious. So i called the maruthi rep and asked about the prebooking, but she didnt have any clue about this colour. She was asking me to book a white or black or some other "obviously..will be there" colour.

This girl is really something.. Last june i made an enquiry about the new swift, and then onwards she'd been calling me every month, that too at my home. Guess then what happened?? My poor mother thought that she was my new girlfriend or something, and this whole ABT Maruthi thing was a fake. Took me a whole day to convince her that the girl was just calling so that she could get me to book a car from her.

Moral of the story : Never fill that landline number in the enquiry form. Shaadi shuda ho tho, never never never.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-img_3467.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-img_3469.jpg  

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-img_3476.jpg  

rmk is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:43   #134
BHPian

An interesting proposition :
Provided new dzire is priced at par with current swift's pricing.

Swift ZDi and new Dzire VDi will be priced almost at par.

Now Dzire VDi will have
- 100 odd litres boot space extra
- Badge interiors
- 'Sedan' image

Swift ZDi will have
- Airbags,ABS and EBD
- ACC
- Wider tyres,alloys
- Integrated music system
- Keyless entry
- Few more standard features

What will you opt for ?
Old 23rd January 2012, 08:52   #135
BANNED

From these pics, it's clear that the old boot-heavy design is gone, and new car has a much more balanced look.

Imo, maruti has to retain the current dzire for those boot-conscious customers, and introduce this new model as 'dzire junior' and target the i20 and jazz customers. Later they can replace the current dzire with a bigger car of length 4.3m based on the new swift, powered by a 1.4L engine and price it in a bit upper segment.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks