Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:05   #136
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Imo, maruti has to retain the current dzire for those boot-conscious customers, and introduce this new model as 'dzire junior' and target the i20 and jazz customers. Later they can replace the current dzire with a bigger car of length 4.3m based on the new swift, powered by a 1.4L engine and price it in a bit upper segment.
But isn't the Swift doing the job of taking on the Jazz and I20? Maruti is just banking on its badge value and customer loyalty IMHO by replacing a well selling model ie the current Dzire with this new CS version. The legacy of the old model will ensure that the new one also gets ample sales.
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:46   #137
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmk View Post
This girl is really something.. Last june i made an enquiry about the new swift, and then onwards she'd been calling me every month, that too at my home. Guess then what happened?? My poor mother thought that she was my new girlfriend or something, and this whole ABT Maruthi thing was a fake. Took me a whole day to convince her that the girl was just calling so that she could get me to book a car from her.

Moral of the story : Never fill that landline number in the enquiry form. Shaadi shuda ho tho, never never never.
LOL! But thats the hard truth of the life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradkumar View Post
Business-Standard reports that the automatic is a CVT. I thought it would be the torque converter one. I don't know whether BS got it right.

Pradeep
I think the AT-CVT V variant was thought for the old age people, Ladies, and persons who prefer VFM over any other thing and their driving is limited within the city so the safety features are not "that" necessary. By providing AT in mid variant will keep the price of a AT Dzire at lower-side compared to if it was launched in top variant, so it might get huge popularity even its a petrol car.
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:28   #138
rmk
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbokick View Post
An interesting proposition :
Provided new dzire is priced at par with current swift's pricing.

Swift ZDi and new Dzire VDi will be priced almost at par.

Now Dzire VDi will have
- 100 odd litres boot space extra
- Badge interiors
- 'Sedan' image

Swift ZDi will have
- Airbags,ABS and EBD
- ACC
- Wider tyres,alloys
- Integrated music system
- Keyless entry
- Few more standard features

What will you opt for ?
The dZire VDI. I know that its not a logical decision. And the dzire has nothing more to offer than a swift normally does. 100 litres more of bootspace??

But still i'd go for the dzire for its new bright interiors. I'd rather spent my money on a car that pleases me and that makes me feel comfortable.
(the same engine+ same DNA+ legendary maruthi service+other common factors)DIL LOGICAL

And alloys?? The new swift's got some weird looking alloys. Ugly i'd say. But anyday better than the one on new dzire's. Who is designing these for maruthi. My 7 year old cousin draws better alloys for his cars. Maybe i should sent those to maruthi.
Old 23rd January 2012, 14:13   #139
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by drmohitg View Post
But isn't the Swift doing the job of taking on the Jazz and I20?
It is. But it needs to be complemented by another car which has a bigger boot area to match with that offered by i20 / Jazz under 4m length.

Also, many i20 / Jazz customers are those who contemplated between a sedan and a premium hatch, and settled for a hatch because of its compactness and ease of use in city.

These two types of customers will definitely consider the new DZire CS.
Old 23rd January 2012, 15:15   #140
BANNED

Quote:
It is. But it needs to be complemented by another car which has a bigger boot area to match with that offered by i20 / Jazz under 4m length.

Also, many i20 / Jazz customers are those who contemplated between a sedan and a premium hatch, and settled for a hatch because of its compactness and ease of use in city.

Exactly my thoughts. I had mentioned it as well earlier on this thread. Could even cancel my Swift booking but only once I see it in flesh. At present beige interiors is a big turn off. Though it will make it look more spacious but will also get dirty too often.

New Dzire is like killing two birds with one stone. It carries the compactness of a hatchback with boot of a sedan. Though agreed it is compromising but will make for a blast of city drive. AC too will be a chiller as it will have less area than a hatchback to cool.

Let's see how it handles on road and what TBHP's official review has to say on it.
Old 23rd January 2012, 19:09   #141
BHPian

Quote:

Bigger boot
New DZire has a boot equal to Fabia and lesser than Jazz.
I believe all Jazz owners are the ones who love Jazz, and not because it is compact.

Well, sit inside a Jazz and you will get space equal to the space in 2 swifts

I love all that Jazz!
mayank10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:07   #142
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Bigger boot
I believe all Jazz owners are the ones who love Jazz, and not because it is compact.

I love all that Jazz!
Jazz doesn't have a diesel mill which is dzire's biggest strength.
In terms of drive too swift will have the upper hand and most probably the dzire will have the same thanks to the handling and agility.

So its Jazz's space + finesse v/s dzire's drive + diesel engine
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:27   #143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mayank10 View Post
Bigger boot

I love all that Jazz!
Alright, agreed you like the Jazz, but Jazz does have some negative points too, the handling wont come close to the swift or Dzire CS, I've heard folks calling the Jazz a mini van in looks department to be honest because of the way it is packaged to generate that kind of space on the inside.

DDiS engine is far better than the 1.2 honda petrol keeping many practical aspects in mind, the fuel economy, torque & the turbo feel.

End of the day the jazz is south pole and the Swift or Dzire CS is north pole, we shouldnt even think of comparing the 2 cars on this thread.
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:55   #144
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post

DDiS engine is far better than the 1.2 honda petrol keeping many practical aspects in mind, the fuel economy, torque & the turbo feel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy4.Cars View Post
End of the day the jazz is south pole and the Swift or Dzire CS is north pole, we shouldnt even think of comparing the 2 cars on this thread.
Two contradicting statements there.

Also, I don't think it's fair that the DDiS is compared to the 1.2 iVtec mill in the Jazz. They are two COMPLETELY DIFFERENT engines. One is a petrol and the other is a diesel, for starters.

If I were to compare the 1.2 in the Jazz, to the 1.2 in the Swift, I'd say the Jazz has the edge. But the K-Series is phenomenal in its own right. Both are wonderfully refined, supple, frugal engines that feel great when pushed hard, or driven sedately even.

Let's compare the Swift ZDi to the Jazz 1.4 iCTDi, if and when it arrives.

Now that would be a fair comparison.

Last edited by suhaas307 : 23rd January 2012 at 20:56.
suhaas307 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:12   #145
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suhaas307 View Post
Two contradicting statements there.

Let's compare the Swift ZDi to the Jazz 1.4 iCTDi, if and when it arrives.

Now that would be a fair comparison.
Agree with you

We can compare JAZZ 1.4 Diesel with Swift ZDi only if honda think to do something different

They will price the Jazz more than the i20 and later after it flops out in the market after 2 years they will tell consumers we are reducing the price because of localization of spare parts and they'll drop 1lakh off the price and they'll expect sensible consumers to trust that statement? (Honda has done this with City and Jazz now), i can never trust the fact by localization they can reduce 1.5lakh in total off the city price, the fact is they have been charging too much from consumers, i wish they do not repeat the mistake again when they launch diesel products in the next 2 to 4 years.

Having said that, agreed Dzire CS does not make sense either if it is priced at current Dzire price, but i did saw the NDTV car and bike show last weekend, where SVP mentioned the DZIRE CS to be cheaper than existing Dzire by 40000Rs in exshowroom prices, which is quiet good if it happens.

Last edited by Crazy4.Cars : 23rd January 2012 at 21:14.
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:35   #146
BHPian

I have booked the new swift (ZDI) but the only pain point in the swift is the boot space.

Dzire was a tempting buy but the rear styling was a big turn-off. I need the extra boot space as we have newborn in the family and his stuff (read pram) doesn't leave an inch in the new swift. Carrying anything else will be next to impossible with 4 adults and the kid in the car-seat.

With the new Dzire the rear is a bit better than the earlier one and provides that extra boot space.

In addition to the boot space the car is compact and most probably would be easy to drive around in.

I have already asked the dealer to book 1st Dzire ZDI for me once the bookings open (transfer the existing swift booking).

I know I will be missing the FTD aspect and the looks but Dzire CS seems to be a practical choice.

Hope resale value of this car will be good going ahead which will allow me to change to a better car after 3 years.
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:39   #147
BHPian

I am looking at all this idiosyncratic nonsense by MSIL and just thinking. All this because a good selling design in Swift and that 1.3 SDE national engine? I am sure with Tata Fiat joint venture falling apart and Fiat deciding to go for its own dealership and chevy coming with its own version of 1.3 SDE engine, Maruti is going to have to pay through its nose in a 4 way fight between Tata Vista/Manza, Fiat Punto/Linea, Chevy Sail (Hatch/Notch) and Maruti Swift/Dzire.

Unless ofcourse customers are fool enough to not see who of these 4 are really cheating them

Last edited by anu21v : 23rd January 2012 at 21:40.
Old 23rd January 2012, 21:45   #148
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anu21v View Post

Unless ofcourse customers are fool enough to not see who of these 4 are really cheating them
How is it cheating? Its a product just like all the other cars out there. If the customer feels it suits his needs then its there call right. The company is not forcing you to buy it. The failure of SX4, Estillo etc to be the leaders in there segment proves that the customer will not just buy the car because of the MSIL tag.
drmohitg is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 22:26   #149
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adi_k View Post
I have booked the new swift (ZDI) but the only pain point in the swift is the boot space.

Dzire was a tempting buy but the rear styling was a big turn-off. I need the extra boot space as we have newborn in the family and his stuff (read pram) doesn't leave an inch in the new swift. Carrying anything else will be next to impossible with 4 adults and the kid in the car-seat.

If theres a baby in the family then sufficient boot space is an absolute must. Learnt this bitter truth the hard way (have an i10, my baby girl came after the car and now I absolutely hate the i10 as it can not accomodate her stroller, and we bought the smallest stroller available in the market!). Now I regret buying a small car every single day we go out (I had the option of going for City CVT that too for 7.8L OTR (ANHC had just been launched at that time) but passed on it!)

I would strongly advice go for a proper 3-box sedan or a car like Jazz/Fabia. The boot is very very important. Cars without any usable boot like i10, Swift etc are only for bachelors!
joslicx is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd January 2012, 23:24   #150
Senior - BHPian

Wouldn't something like this made better sense. The hatch itself oferring the bootspace of the desire and also bigger on practicality.

Maybe from a marketing standpoint this would not have not helped create 2 products from one (the swift hatch and the dezire)

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-img_34691.jpg

The original image

Maruti Suzuki to launch new Swift DZire in February-img_3469.jpg
1100D is offline   (2) Thanks
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks