Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th August 2012, 07:53   #91
BHPian

Re: The 2012 Car Price Hike Thread

Toyota to increase prices across model range from September.

Quote:
"The rupee depreciation has hit us very badly and it is affecting our margins. We are trying to hold this as far as possible. We are forced to pass on the burden partially to our customers," (TKM) Deputy Managing Director (Marketing) Sandeep Singh told PTI.

TKM imports many critical components such as engines and transmissions for its different models in India.
Source:Toyota-Kirloskar to hike car prices by 1.5% from September - The Economic Times
Old 24th August 2012, 09:31   #92
BHPian

VW might raise prices of vento and polo by 3%.

Source:
Volkswagen may raise price of Polo, Vento by up to 3% - The Economic Times
Old 25th September 2012, 07:52   #93
Distinguished - BHPian

Car companies talk of price hike

Maruti Suzuki, the country's biggest carmaker, said it will hike prices of its vehicles "within a week" to factor in the impact of adverse foreign exchange fluctuation and rising input costs

Honda also said it will raise prices from October 1 due to input cost pressures. The hike will be on the Brio and Jazz hatchbacks and the City sedan.

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/16535581.cms
Old 25th September 2012, 10:54   #94
BHPian

I wonder how Honda is going to cope up with the situation- Petrol price hiked which has got a direct impact on the sales and now this price hike on the City, Jazz and Brio. May be they are expecting the Govt to impose more duty on the diesel models very soon.
Old 25th September 2012, 10:59   #95
BANNED

Honda increases 2.6% from October 1.
Old 25th September 2012, 13:16   #96
Senior - BHPian

But the Rupee has been strengthening against Dollar, I remember the last time it was hiked because of Rupee depreciating, so in a sense they should be rather rolling back the hike that was made last time around.

Todays paper talks about, On one hand they are dolling out discounts and on the other hand they are talking about raising prices. Sounds absurd to me. I wonder what kind of thinking goes into taking steps like these, every industry is facing slowdown and trying to give more to the customers for less and, here we are talking price rise.

Last edited by mayankjha1806 : 25th September 2012 at 13:18.
Old 25th September 2012, 14:05   #97
BHPian

These price hikes specially by Honda (i say specially since they are the only ones missing out from the Diesel bandwagon) seem to acutely myopic IMO, how can Honda or for that matter anyone forget that Petrol prices have been consistently on the rise since the past couple of years. Diesel in the same period was raised only a couple of times in comparison.

Petrol prices which have been spared a rise this time around are bound to rise very soon. Timeline for the same may be very subjective to the political developments taking place over the month of October, but a rise in petrol prices is sure to happen sooner or later.
Old 25th September 2012, 16:00   #98
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
Honda increases 2.6% from October 1.
The folks from Capital Honda called today and asked me if I can finish the paper work for the Brio before end of this month. I had initially asked for delivery by mid-Oct. They want to know if I would like to get invoiced this month itself to avoid the 2.6% hike. I thought they were just pushing me to pay up to meet their monthly targets. Now I'm feeling guilty!
Old 26th September 2012, 11:01   #99
BHPian

Update: The folks from Capital Honda said that if I pay the ex-showroom price before end of September, he will invoice me and I can save on that 2.61% price hike. He says I can pay the balance (~30k) later. By what he earlier said, I guess the car is still in transit from the factory.

Fact 1: I can only take delivery by mid Oct.
Fact 2: The booking sales contract says the final price depends on the price of the car as on the date of delivery.

Doubt: If I pay before end of September and get the invoice done, does it mean that I've "taken delivery" of the car? Can I still go for a PDI later (mid-Oct) and ask them for another car if I, for example, find the VIN unsatisfactory?

HELP!
Old 26th September 2012, 13:40   #100
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by msnarain View Post
Update: The folks from Capital Honda said that if I pay the ex-showroom price before end of September, he will invoice me and I can save on that 2.61% price hike. He says I can pay the balance (~30k) later. By what he earlier said, I guess the car is still in transit from the factory.

Fact 1: I can only take delivery by mid Oct.
Fact 2: The booking sales contract says the final price depends on the price of the car as on the date of delivery.

Doubt: If I pay before end of September and get the invoice done, does it mean that I've "taken delivery" of the car? Can I still go for a PDI later (mid-Oct) and ask them for another car if I, for example, find the VIN unsatisfactory?

HELP!
If you've paid for the ex-showroom price of the car, it doesn't mean you have taken delivery of the car. It just means your battle is won as far as the price hike goes. If you observe the on-road price breakup, ex-showroom price is the only component which can be directly impacted by a price hike by the car company. Everything else like the road tax or LTT (depends on your state RTO), insurance premium and handling charges are independent of the price hike. Of course, insurance premium will marginally go up due to the 2.61% increase in IDV, but this is negligible.

Theoretically, you have bought the car from them once you have paid the ex-showroom price. The remaining miscellaneous payments (road tax / insurance) are for making the car legal to ply on public roads. This is why the showroom's advice works. Hope that helped clarify your doubt

If you find the VIN unsatisfactory, it is entirely up to the dealer to decide if the replacement piece can be billed at previous rate or revised rate (some are cunning enough to do this). Negotiate this with them beforehand, but my gut feeling is they usually do allow flexibilities for such cases.

Fact 2 : the contract mentions that your final price will depend on the delivery day, because it is assumed that the customer will pay the entire amount in 1 shot either before / after the hike. Yours is a special case where you are paying for the car's ex-showroom price before the hike, and clearing remaining outstanding dues after the hike. It will work, and I believe you can go ahead with this dual stage payment policy

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th September 2012 at 13:46.
KarthikK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 13:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
If you observe the on-road price breakup, ex-showroom price is the only component which can be directly impacted by a price hike by the car company. Everything else like the road tax or LTT (depends on your state RTO), insurance premium and handling charges are independent of the price hike. Of course, insurance premium will marginally go up due to the 2.61% increase in IDV, but this is negligible.
I think road tax is based on the ex-show room price of the vehicle and hence road tax will go up in your case.
prakasse is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th September 2012, 13:51   #102
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
I think road tax is based on the ex-show room price of the vehicle and hence road tax will go up in your case.
True. That is why I mentioned the example about the insurance IDV increase as well. I was referring to the direct and big impact on ex-showroom prices after the hike (roughly 10-15k). Neither the road-tax nor the insurance premium difference will be much after a hike comes into effect. At the most it may be 1k difference (road tax) after the hike, which is bearable. Insurance premium may go up by 100-200 Rs. max.

Last edited by KarthikK : 26th September 2012 at 13:57.
Old 26th September 2012, 15:44   #103
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prakasse View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KarthikK View Post
If you've paid for the ex-showroom price of the car, it doesn't mean you have taken delivery of the car. It just means your battle is won as far as the price hike goes. If you observe the on-road price breakup, ex-showroom price is the only component which can be directly impacted by a price hike by the car company. Everything else like the road tax or LTT (depends on your state RTO), insurance premium and handling charges are independent of the price hike. Of course, insurance premium will marginally go up due to the 2.61% increase in IDV, but this is negligible.

Theoretically, you have bought the car from them once you have paid the ex-showroom price. The remaining miscellaneous payments (road tax / insurance) are for making the car legal to ply on public roads. This is why the showroom's advice works. Hope that helped clarify your doubt

If you find the VIN unsatisfactory, it is entirely up to the dealer to decide if the replacement piece can be billed at previous rate or revised rate (some are cunning enough to do this). Negotiate this with them beforehand, but my gut feeling is they usually do allow flexibilities for such cases.

Fact 2 : the contract mentions that your final price will depend on the delivery day, because it is assumed that the customer will pay the entire amount in 1 shot either before / after the hike. Yours is a special case where you are paying for the car's ex-showroom price before the hike, and clearing remaining outstanding dues after the hike. It will work, and I believe you can go ahead with this dual stage payment policy
Spoke to the sales chap. He promised that he will take me to the stock yard to check VIN before registering.

Yes. Insurance will increase marginally. Negligible. Not sure about road tax. Will ask them and update later. I'm sure that's marginal too.

Thanks folks!
Old 27th September 2012, 15:07   #104
BHPian

GM is also increasing the prices effective Oct 1st, but the quantum of hike is still to be decided.
Old 3rd October 2012, 14:36   #105
Distinguished - BHPian

Maruti Suzuki hikes vehicle prices across models.

Quote:
MS has increased its vehicle prices by 2,400 rupees to 5,200 rupees across its entire range

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/b...w/16653154.cms
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks