Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 19th January 2012, 11:34   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Chinese SUV Haval-h5 to be launched in India?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloAlpha View Post
Weird hybrid copy-paste design.

The front is very clearly a copy of the Mazda family look. Picture of the Mazda CX-7 SUV is below (pic courtesy autotrader.co.uk)
B-pillar onwards, it is a copy of ... Ford? Volvo? I can't decide.
It sure is a Mazda look alike. But with Mazda not foraying into Indian markets any time soon and most people unaware of the mazda brand, maybe this will work in the rural markets.
Whats the primary market for Rhino? I'm yet to see one in any city i've visited so far but have seen a few on my way to Ladakh along the punjab/haryana roads.
Maybe there will be a few buyers for it given that Premier Rio is finding takers.
I actually spotted a Premier Rio in Pune!
Old 30th January 2012, 09:45   #17
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RIC.BURNS View Post
It was my initial thought too its a copy of maxda cx, rear could be from xc. Chinese are simply copy cats when it comes to car designs.
Guys lets not just term it as mere copy paste design . Well I do not disagree that there are many chinese cars which are considered as exact copy paste of say the Rolls Royce , Mini etc . But this one , it will be really unfair to term it so.

The front grill has similarities from Mazda , but not the head light . The one in the Haval H5 has a backward sweep towards the bonnet , the Mazda is straight.
The rear of Volvo is not straight as the H5 but yes I agree that the shape of the taillight can be termed as an inspiration from volvo , very close to term it as copy !

But hey , if we see our Indian manufacturers , they did the same copy thing / drawing inspirations from the old generation Punto for our 'Indigenous' Indica.
http://thursdaycars.tk/images/Fiat_P...nto_2000_6.jpg

Found some interesting videos from youtube for Haval H5 . It also shows the pick up truck which is rumored to be launched along with the H5

The video is really tempting and that currently I am in China and I have seen this H5 in flesh and have traveled in one of them recently . So I can really vouch for the quality of the interiors and the overall appeal of this SUV !

Honestly I feel that if this is put at the price range of an XUV 500 / Scorpio high end , its gonna sell like hot cakes .
rejoycjohn is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 1st February 2012, 08:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
Guys lets not just term it as mere copy paste design . Well I do not disagree that there are many chinese cars which are considered as exact copy paste of say the Rolls Royce , Mini etc . But this one , it will be really unfair to term it so.
Taking an inspiration from a design is completely different from making an almost same replica. I dont know about the quality of this but im sure this is another copy paste design from Chinese.

Here is the latest creation from China, replica of ford raptor.

Chinese carmaker blatantly copies Ford F-150
Old 1st February 2012, 11:44   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Taking an inspiration from a design is completely different from making an almost same replica. I dont know about the quality of this but im sure this is another copy paste design from Chinese.

As I mentioned , I do not deny that there are exact replicas in China . But This car in question is not one . If it has any similarity its only at a level of inspiration and nothing more .
Old 1st February 2012, 17:14   #20
BHPian

Quote:

How can you be so sure ? Do you have any proof of it ? Please enlighten us with it.

Looks wise it is very good I must say. Definitely there is a touch of Volvo...but in today's world designs are becoming more and more similar.
Old 1st February 2012, 17:54   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorSinha View Post
How can you be so sure ? Do you have any proof of it ? Please enlighten us with it.

Looks wise it is very good I must say. Definitely there is a touch of Volvo...but in today's world designs are becoming more and more similar.
Check out the post from Kiloalpha, you can compare the bonnet, side fenders, grills, fog lamps.
Old 1st February 2012, 18:01   #22
BHPian

The Haval H5 from the side looks like another model of Great Wall- Hover!
Old 1st February 2012, 18:33   #23
BHPian

Even if this rumor is remotely true , under which brand would they sell/service it in India ??
Old 1st February 2012, 19:44   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rejoycjohn View Post
The video is really tempting and that currently I am in China and I have seen this H5 in flesh and have traveled in one of them recently . So I can really vouch for the quality of the interiors and the overall appeal of this SUV !
Is it just me or does the Wingle look like it is inspired from our own Tata Xenon?

I must admit the Haval does look pretty decent, although the video of two people praising it doesn't really count for much since we don't know who they are in the first place. I would like to see this vehicle coming into India just to undercut the competition. That would benefit us consumers directly

Slightly OT: Who names these vehicles?
Old 1st February 2012, 21:16   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkmeister View Post
The Haval H5 from the side looks like another model of Great Wall- Hover!
The side profile looks like Isuzu Axiom even the alloy looks the same.

Last edited by RIC.BURNS : 1st February 2012 at 21:18.
Old 2nd February 2012, 07:13   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enigmatic View Post
Even if this rumor is remotely true , under which brand would they sell/service it in India ??
i thought ICML (the guys behind Rhino) were gonna bring it down over here.
Old 2nd February 2012, 23:56   #27
Senior - BHPian

I saw the Haval H5 (badged on the fenders) on Sunday 29 January at Sarai Kale Khan in Delhi at around 7.00 PM. It had a HP-07 TC XXXX registration (Trade Certificate). Sorry no pictures!

It definitely looks huge, like the Fortuner (in fact it looks quite shapely despite its bulk!). Fit and finish seemed decent and the vehicle was white in colour.

Looks like this one is headed for India and could compete with the Force One, especially the ICML Rhino is just a niche product with poor support.
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:37   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raj_5004 View Post
It looks amazing. Why cant Mahindra design something like this, if the Chinese can?
Easy! Chinese probably ripped it off from somewhere. Mahindra did it from scratch.

I wouldn't look at a Chinese vehicle any time in this decade. Not only am I anti-China but somehow China gives me the impression of "cheap" (like German -> precision/hi-tech, Japan -> reliability).
Old 3rd February 2012, 11:41   #29
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asr245 View Post
Easy! Chinese probably ripped it off from somewhere. Mahindra did it from scratch.

I wouldn't look at a Chinese vehicle any time in this decade. Not only am I anti-China but somehow China gives me the impression of "cheap" (like German -> precision/hi-tech, Japan -> reliability).
You can be sure they ripped it off from somewhere: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...ml#post2651126

Design copy aside, I am really curious about their engineering and quality. Have they managed to make an impression on a global audience on these fronts? That will be a clear sign of a maturing company you can buy vehicles from with confidence.

Mod Note : The Haval H6 Coupe SUV has been spotted in India. Please continue the discussion in the new thread (Haval H6 Coupe SUV spotted in India).

Last edited by Aditya : 31st March 2019 at 12:08. Reason: See mod note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks