Team-BHP > The Indian Car Scene
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:20   #16
BHPian

Re: Scoop !!! New Etios & Liva Interiors !!!

@himavanth, the treatment to the interior colours itself makes a huge difference the minute you enter the cabin.

The dashboard still feels functional, but thats ok with me. No jutting or popping colours be it the audio or the seats (yuck red!). They now have suttle grey. Only the Black & Red Cars get the black/red trim seats. My existing car is a logan and I'm very happy with it. That also explains why I'm drawn to the functionality.

Didi not get to check the NVH as there was no TD of the new vehicle.

Overall its a decent buy, if not an exciting one.
Old 25th January 2012, 21:38   #17
BHPian

Haven't anybody got the pics of New Liva's Interiors yet !!

I'm waiting for them desperately.
Old 26th January 2012, 12:53   #18
BANNED

Can anyone confirm can all the interior changes be made to cars purchased in 2011.
And if yes what are the cost?
Old 26th January 2012, 13:38   #19
Senior - BHPian

It seems Toyota had showcased the new interiors during the Auto Expo 2012. Indian Autos Blog has that story. No idea on the authenticity.

The colours are nice. Toyota should have done something about that very awkward instrument cluster though. The steering wheel is amazing though. Looks very out of place in that cabin.

Scoop !!!   New Etios & Liva Interiors !!!-toyotalivainteriors2.jpg

Link: Toyota Etios Liva gets new interiors

Last edited by deetjohn : 26th January 2012 at 13:40. Reason: Adding text.
deetjohn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2012, 21:36   #20
BHPian

Enquired local Toyota dealer about the New Etios 2012 with new Interiors & as per him, it arrived at their showrooms.
Changes are restricted to Interior shades only.
Since I'm bit off the town this weekend, can anyone please post the pics of the Interiors of the New Etios twins, snapped personally.
Old 28th January 2012, 20:08   #21
BHPian

Was planning for a new car and had taken a test drive of Etios last week. Was rejected by parents saying NVH is way too much and Interior doesn't look like they belong to this generation.

Rep told that 2012 cars would have a thicker sheet metal for doors and rest all same.

Doors and boot hatch sheet metal was wafer thin(it just vibrates when opening the hatch) and the side window glasses are very thin too. Our 2001 Wagon R controls outside noises better than this car, Outside noise was much much audible and so is the inside noise out on a moving car.

Manza was far far better when compared to this. only worried about TATA's initial niggles and service.
Old 29th January 2012, 00:45   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Rep told that 2012 cars would have a thicker sheet metal for doors and rest all same.

Doors and boot hatch sheet metal was wafer thin(it just vibrates when opening the hatch) and the side window glasses are very thin too. Our 2001 Wagon R..
This can't happen so easily, as its a sort of Design change & can change even upto the Dynamics of the car. Its bit an expensive type of technical/design/production modification to adapt & even a Micron of the change in thickess of its Metal sheet will need a whole lot of changes in its Production press dyes & can make a significant difference in the price of the car too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganesc View Post
Manza was far far better when compared to this. only worried about TATA's initial niggles and service.
Except some Improperly connected Electrical connections. There's nothing much to worry as a Niggle in a TATA car.
2 in 100 cars are Reported to have some Serious manufacturing defect, mostly an Improper Suspension fitment/trouble. IMHO, this can be easily taken care off by its Proper PDI-Inspection.
Old 29th January 2012, 03:21   #23
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post
Except some Improperly connected Electrical connections. There's nothing much to worry as a Niggle in a TATA car.
2 in 100 cars are Reported to have some Serious manufacturing defect, mostly an Improper Suspension fitment/trouble. IMHO, this can be easily taken care off by its Proper PDI-Inspection.
2 in 100 cars is not a good number. If this is the rate of defects in a car, then it is not considered a good car IMO.
I hope these numbers you mentioned is just a random number without any authenticity. If your defect rate is true, Toyota is going to loose its image of Quality. I think toyota are much better than that.
Old 29th January 2012, 04:12   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by himavanth_m View Post
2 in 100 cars is not a good number. If this is the rate of defects in a car, then it is not considered a good car IMO.
I hope these numbers you mentioned is just a random number without any authenticity. If your defect rate is true, Toyota is going to loose its image of Quality. I think toyota are much better than that.
CRtorquefan is actually referring to Tata cars. Not clear though if the number is authenticated.
Old 29th January 2012, 14:36   #25
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
CRtorquefan is actually referring to Tata cars. Not clear though if the number is authenticated.

Yes, I actually referred to that.
Its still a bit of an optimistic figure, friends.

IIRC, Around 20 persons in my near concern have brought Indicas(Old, V2 & Vistas) since its launch & 2 of them have reported of the serious flaws.
-One of them is my closest relative have bought Indica Vista 1.3 QjD TERRA last year & after its very first ~1000kms it developed Front left side Suspension noise(like Dug-dug) & everything has been done by TASS, TATA-Regional Authorities, etc.
Strut, Wheel, Wishbone has been replaced under warranty but still the problem persists. Now they're driving it with Heavy heart & now they're on the hunt for selling it ASAP.

-Somewhat similar happened in 2004, when one of my relative bought Indica V2 DLS. After first very few kms, it has developed some engine trouble & it persisted after numerous attempts by TASS guys. Ultimately they've also sold it after 2 years.

So, In reality for me its ratio is 2 out of 20-25.
There's a famous Hindi saying in our region, 'Agar TATA ki gaadi achi nikle toh vaare-nyaare hain, agar nahin toh vik ke hi dum leti hai' means If a TATA car comes out to be a defect-free, then it'll make its owner overrun with happiness & frugality, else if it happens in oppositely then there remains No solution other than Re-Selling it.

Last edited by CRtorquefan : 29th January 2012 at 14:37. Reason: Text addition
Old 29th January 2012, 15:15   #26
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantKarma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CRtorquefan View Post

Yes, I actually referred to that.
Its still a bit of an optimistic figure, friends.

If a TATA car comes out to be a defect-free, then it'll make its owner overrun with happiness & frugality, else if it happens in oppositely then there remains
Sorry I misunderstood your post. Got confused which brand you were referring to. thanks for correcting me.

I am really sorry to hear about the troubles your friends and family faced with TATA cars.

Sorry for this OT discussion.

I have checked the new Liva and Etios on my way and they look good. Did not spend enough time at the showroom, but they seem to improve the quality of plastics. I thought that this perceived improvement in quality of interiors is a feeling just because of the change in color. But they look classy and nice none the less. I have not spent much time with the car as I just went there to pick up a friend.
Old 21st August 2012, 19:11   #27
Senior - BHPian

Indiancarsbikes have reported that the Etios' top-end (VX) variants could come with Beige interiors soon. Here is their article on the upgraded interiors:

2012 Toyota Etios Sedan gets beige interiors in India: Like what you see? | IndianCarsBikes.in
Old 21st August 2012, 22:13   #28
BHPian

I still hate the layout of the instruments to the center. While hunting for a diesel hatch, I did not even care to TD my close friends liva's diesel. I was so pulled back by its layout and cheapness. But I guess the engine would be neat one.
Old 22nd August 2012, 11:41   #29
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CARDEEP View Post
Indiancarsbikes have reported that the Etios' top-end (VX) variants could come with Beige interiors soon. Here is their article on the upgraded interiors:

2012 Toyota Etios Sedan gets beige interiors in India: Like what you see? | IndianCarsBikes.in
These are not the new interiors. They are done at dealer end for those customers who request them. Dealers charge about 30 to 40 K depending on the options chosen. I had inquired about these when I was looking at Etios as an option.

This practice is going on from early 2012 (about April). I have seen many Etios and Liva with these beige interiors.
sarthakgupta is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2012, 12:51   #30
Senior - BHPian

^^^ In this case it not the plastics that beige, but grey-black, but painted beige at the dealer's yard... isn't it so. Moreover, I believe Etios' exteriors actually need an upgrade (somewhat similar to Verito) to make it look better.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks