Team-BHP - Scoop !!! New Etios & Liva Interiors !!!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   The Indian Car Scene (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/)
-   -   Scoop !!! New Etios & Liva Interiors !!! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian-car-scene/114512-scoop-new-etios-liva-interiors.html)

Guys, I just checked the Etios / Liva Website & found some changes in Technical specs page & Pics

Can anyone please confirm ???

As far as i see the change points are

- Foldable Roof Antenna
- Red Interior Colour now available only with Black & Red Exterior Colour. Other Exterior colours on VX will get Grey Trim
- Darker Interiors (Gone are the Grey tone effect)
- Audio Facia feels more matching to the overall Dashboard (the older silver audio is out)

Even let me try to contact the dealer and get more info

Just a wild guess. Are these changes meant for export markets?
Recently Toyota had said that they'd start the exports to South Africa soon. They sure can't sell cars with these interiors in RSA, where the car buyers are spoilt with so many options!

Yes, my friend went looking for Etios yesterday at a Bangalore dealership and the sales guy there showed the new model. Apparently - the new one looks lot better :-)

Seems true, this bit of information. Went yesterday to see the new interior at dealership on a display vehicle and found the changes to be true.

The dealer was also mentioning about strengthening of door panels and improvement in NVH levels. The white liva really did look good in flesh.

Since people are confirming the updates, good proactive steps from Toyota.

Cheap interiors and NVH levels have been the Etios and Liva's sore points and it's good to note Toyota is taking care of at least one.

Any price hike?

Also, how does a foldable antenna count?

Can anyone get hold of some pictures of the same? The interiors of the Etios are indeed appalling to look at. Glad to hear that they are giving it some changes. Interesting to note that the changes are coming at a time when the Dzire's future is unpredictable. Toyota playing the smart game here?

Quote:

Originally Posted by libranof1987 (Post 2653185)
Any price hike?

My sister was looking for a Liva and a Mumbai dealer told her that a discount of Rs. 40K was available on 2011 make cars, while no discounts would be applicable on the new cars. Maybe this has something to do the upgrade. Anybody got more details?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Volt (Post 2653551)
My sister was looking for a Liva and a Mumbai dealer told her that a discount of Rs. 40K was available on 2011 make cars, while no discounts would be applicable on the new cars. Maybe this has something to do the upgrade. Anybody got more details?

The 40K discount should be due to the 2011 make of the car. A lot of people prefer to buy the current make / year cars and hence the old stocks don't move quick. This is the same with ALL manufacturers. One of the reasons most of them offer discounts on the last weeks of Dec, any year.

Check both the versions and if you find the 40K worth, take plunge. Else get a new car.

Edit:: Is this the refreshed interior? Shot taken from the Toyota website.

Scoop !!!   New Etios & Liva Interiors !!!-etios.jpg

From the features list I see that now even the V variant has the steering mounted controls which means the V also gets the flat bottomed steering.

I booked a Liva GD SP model yesterday. Thats the diesel top end variant. No V,VX for liva Diesel.

Saw the new interiors. Certainly better than the grey one. But the sales guy didnt mention anything about improved NVH even when my father complained about NVH during our test drive (TD vehicle is the old model). So dont think there is any improvement in NVH.

The interiors have certainly changed and look much better
Now look alot similar to my perforated black leather seated etios vx clap:
They will certainly not give steering mounted controls on v variant otherwise nobody will buy Vx variant (the reason i went for Vx and not V the sporty steering wheel)

Good move by Toyota. Just hope the fit/finish also improves. The NVH improvements were also required.

Etios is a great car. All the basics are there. Just poor execution by Toyota.

I was hoping they would address the instrumentation console (speedo, tacho, et al) as it somehow resembles a weighing-scale! lol:

But darker interior is a welcome change. It should give it a richer feel, provided it ages well. Or else, it would be an utter disaster!

I never liked the Etios/Liva's interior. It looked a little unfinished and lacked youthfulness and character. There is nothing attractive and inviting about it. In fact, it looks like it was built for a 'purpose' and just for the sake of having a functional interior. It's so dull and lifeless, apart from that steering-wheel (oh, what a steering wheel!)

No offense to Etios/Liva owners! I really like the car. It's core is very strong. But just like any other car, it has its drawbacks. And the lifeless interior is one of them. It's just my opinion. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by karpusv (Post 2653106)
Seems true, this bit of information. Went yesterday to see the new interior at dealership on a display vehicle and found the changes to be true.

The dealer was also mentioning about strengthening of door panels and improvement in NVH levels. The white liva really did look good in flesh.

From the photos, the new Etios Liva look really good. Are these vehicles now available off the shelf? Can you please elaborate on the changes that you have felt in the new liva?

I went to Toyota showroom 10 days ago and the vehicles there still had the old interiors. If such a change is happening, they should have put the new vehicles on display atleast if not for the test drive.

I have driven a recent Etios diesel and there are differences in the NVH levels. The NVH levels have been constantly worked on and it has been improved by Toyota. NVH levels improvement can be felt even in the 2011 made cars.