Search this Thread
Old 31st December 2015, 21:34   #151
BHPian

Re: Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
There is a very recent import, the Renegade with a diesel heart

Attachment 1454800
Renegade might be a more sensible option if they care about the final prices the brand is going to target.

It starts retailing at around $16000 in US and goes upto $30000, hence could be sold in the range of 25-35L when brought to India. That's still too high for something like Renegade but as somebody said brand building exercise, I think they better start off little low with Renegade or even Wrangler.
Old 1st January 2016, 12:51   #152
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karthik Chandra View Post
There is a very recent import, the Renegade with a diesel heart
Now the 1600 cc Renegade is imported, could be for the Auto Expo?

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-ren.jpg

Source:Zauba
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 13:54   #153
BHPian

Jeep has brought in the first lot of Cherokee! 34 odd Cherokees have landed, including 6 Cherokee SRTs.

Cherokee SRT gets it power from a 6.4L Hemi V8 engine capable of 475 hp and 630 Nm of torque, most powerful engine available in a Jeep.

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-capture.png

Thread title has finally been realised.

Last edited by Senna4Ever : 1st January 2016 at 13:58.
Senna4Ever is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 19:16   #154
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senna4Ever View Post
Jeep has brought in the first lot of Cherokee!
Buddy, don't miss the Grand, as it could be misleading though, as Jeep already has a Cherokee in its line-up.
Even though the vehicles are coming in, I don't expect them to be out on sale until the beginning of next financial year.
21Archer84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st January 2016, 19:24   #155
Team-BHP Support

AutoCar has more details

The brand is now gearing up for its official launch into India which is slated to for mid-January 2016 and has activated its website and social media platforms. The brand will also showcase its range for India at the Auto Expo 2016.

http://www.autocarindia.com/auto-new...-399373.aspx/0

Their best bet for CBU vehicles could have been in niche segment with Wrangler if priced around 25 lac but seeing them import so many Cherokee’s , I can already see this as a failure given the launch of endeavour & high prices due to CBU .

Going by Zauba Import data , their assessable price is very high unlike German companies which get support from Parent company with lower transfer prices , landed costs of these will be over Rs 75-80 lac - these cannot be customer cars unless Fiat India takes a big hit by way of subsidising duties and there are no Wranglers yet to be seen on this list

6,4 Ltr - petrol - what are the Fiat guys smoking ,, someone suggested 3 digit sales I doubt if they can even do 2 digits in whole year

https://www.zauba.com/import-jeep/fp...s-hs-code.html

Last edited by Turbanator : 1st January 2016 at 19:50.
Old 2nd January 2016, 10:52   #156
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post

6,4 Ltr - petrol - what are the Fiat guys smoking ,, someone suggested 3 digit sales I doubt if they can even do 2 digits in whole year
The 6.4L V8 is the SRT version which will target the M & AMG variants of BMW X5 & Mercedes ML.

The more practical 3.0L V6 diesel Grand Cherokee will bring in the numbers for them and hopefully FCA doesn't get too greedy with the pricing for what seems to be a car that can be a hit in the Indian market. Size wise it seems the car can take on the X5 & GL segment although I hope FCA prices it lower then these cars.
amit is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 11:41   #157
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
The 6.4L V8 is the SRT version which will target the M & AMG variants of BMW X5 & Mercedes ML.
yes but how many people have bought M or AMG versions - can be counted on fingers despite all the snob value of Germans . If Fiat guys are thinking to showcase some high end stuff , they could have simply parked a 458 at the Fiat stall with other SUV's ..

V6 Diesel - Numbers at 75 Lac plus ? with the kind of duties on CBU and their transfer pricing I don't think this is going to work for them - something is wrong - they don't have a plant to produce these yet and the costs for CBU will be so expensive if these jauba figures are correct.
Turbanator is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd January 2016, 12:38   #158
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
yes but how many people have bought M or AMG versions - can be counted on fingers despite all the snob value of Germans . If Fiat guys are thinking to showcase some high end stuff , they could have simply parked a 458 at the Fiat stall with other SUV's ..

V6 Diesel - Numbers at 75 Lac plus ? with the kind of duties on CBU and their transfer pricing I don't think this is going to work for them - something is wrong - they don't have a plant to produce these yet and the costs for CBU will be so expensive if these jauba figures are correct.
I agree with you on the M & AMG sales numbers but I guess the SRT's job is to showcase the technological prowess of the FCA group. The M & AMG brands are almost monopolising the performance cars segment and FCA is probably trying to offer us an alternative.

I think another sinister plan of FCA is to price the SRT at 1.5 Cr so that the 3L V6 at about 80 Lakhs seems value for money!

They have to start CKD to price their cars rightly. Otherwise Chrysler will go the Fiat way and the small SUV which is expected to bring in the numbers will be dead on arrival.
Old 2nd January 2016, 14:47   #159
BHPian

I have used a Grand Cherokee Laredo (V8) for about a year. One positive thing about it was that it was fun to drive anywhere, just like any other American V8. Almost all other things were negative. It gave about 7-8 miles per gallon.

Having said that, the Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler are the only good vehicles in their portfolio. All others are "fake" Jeeps and no one likes them. It is totally not possible for me to understand how they will compete with the big boys with their CBU pricing.

Jees has always used the SRT as a crowd puller. Just the exhaust note is to die for! Let's see how they plan their India exit -- I mean entry!
troublemaker is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 18:35   #160
BHPian

Contrary to earlier reports of exclusive Jeep dealerships, IAB reports FCA will retail Jeep products through 15-30 existing Fiat dealerships in the 10-15 largest cities.

Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/j...s-sales-210833
S.MJet is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2016, 20:27   #161
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S.MJet View Post
Contrary to earlier reports of exclusive Jeep dealerships, IAB reports FCA will retail Jeep products through 15-30 existing Fiat dealerships in the 10-15 largest cities.

Source:http://indianautosblog.com/2016/01/j...s-sales-210833

That is much better IMO because the current dealerships are not profitable & the same dealers would never invest in real estate for stand alone showrooms of a premium/niche brand with supposedly low sales. I think its a risk they are taking albeit a calculated one. By displaying Jeeps in a Fiat showroom the brand image of Jeep(if any in India) can take a hit or maybe at the same time it can prove beneficial for the Fiat brand
trinity0114 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2016, 13:00   #162
Senior - BHPian

I am not sure how car buyer's will take to buying a 70 Lakh rupee car along with a 8-10 lakh one. Even sister brands like VW-Audi & Toyota-Lexus don't share a common showroom floor so Fiat-Chrysler would be stretching their luck to the limits in attempting this!

Last edited by amit : 13th January 2016 at 13:01.
Old 13th January 2016, 14:07   #163
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit View Post
I am not sure how car buyer's will take to buying a 70 Lakh rupee car along with a 8-10 lakh one. Even sister brands like VW-Audi & Toyota-Lexus don't share a common showroom floor so Fiat-Chrysler would be stretching their luck to the limits in attempting this!
I hope this the arrangement until they develop the network (they are parroting the same thing for a couple of years now ). They are going to kill the brand in the beginning and try to resurrect it later. Whatever brand value currently Jeep has will be diluted to make matters worse.

FCA in India is the prime example how to make Poor management decisions
nkrishnap is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th January 2016, 20:33   #164
Team-BHP Support

looks they have Imported 3 wrangler Unlimited most likely for Auto-Expo. Given the Assessable values , we are looking at an ex-showroom 50 Lac + wonder who is going to buy these
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-screen-shot-20160115-8.30.28-pm.png  

Old 16th January 2016, 10:54   #165
BHPian

Quote:
looks they have Imported 3 wrangler Unlimited most likely for Auto-Expo. Given the Assessable values , we are looking at an ex-showroom 50 Lac + wonder who is going to buy these
8 units of Grand Cherokee has also been imported

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-jeep.jpg
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks