Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th December 2012, 12:16   #76
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Autocop View Post
Fiat-Chrysler needs to focus on brining affordable products in tandem (similar to what Nissan-Ranault or VW-Skoda are doing) under each of the brands that distinguish themselves from competition. IMO, they should look at establishing both as seperate brands with their own independant sales/service network, rather than having both Fiat-Chrysler products available under same dealership.
I dont see a problem with Chrysler, Jeep and Fiat under same roof even if there is competing products. Ultimately its still the Fiat group sales unlike currently where TATA is getting benefitted.

Last edited by khan_sultan : 6th December 2012 at 15:37.
Old 6th December 2012, 13:12   #77
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
I dont see a problem with Chrysler, Jeep and Fiat under same roof even if there is competing products. Ultimately its still the Fiat group sales unlike currently where TATA is getting benefitted.
Still, both are seperate brands/companies with independant management. Unless they appear as a single joined unit to the dealerships with a common sales force, having products from both may lead to conflict of interest, lack of focus, chaos.

Having independant network should help establish each brand and also allow each brand it's unique identity in the market. In the short term, it may mean additional efforts/investment and some amount of redundancy, but in the long run it should benefit and help them utilize production capacity well.

Later if they try to seperate the sales/service network for two, it may be too late. Why not learn from the Tata-Fiat experience or Renault-Nissan model and do it right the second time at least?
Old 3rd March 2013, 00:04   #78

Jeeps in India and Future

Well, somebody need to start this discussion, thought to open this thread.

Now that Fiat has started testing Jeep vehicles in India, sooner or later they will introduce all variants of Jeep vehicles. Long wait is going to be over and no more need to think on converting Thars to look like Wranglers.

Hopefully the vehicles come with diesel engines as standard fitments including the Hemi series of engines Now, that would be awesome

Stock vehicle itself will be a bliss to drive with all comforts and features, love to hear your thoughts and discussions on the possibilities of conversions and mods that you guys are thinking to wranglers, cherokees and liberties and for what purposes
Old 7th March 2013, 17:40   #79
Senior - BHPian

There will always be a market for modified Thars, as even in US a 4x4 Wrangler starts at $23K, which at today's exchange rates is upwards of 12.5L. Add duties and markup and you are approaching 30L on the road, a far cry from 10L for a modified Thar
Old 7th March 2013, 22:37   #80
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aroy View Post
There will always be a market for modified Thars, as even in US a 4x4 Wrangler starts at $23K, which at today's exchange rates is upwards of 12.5L. Add duties and markup and you are approaching 30L on the road, a far cry from 10L for a modified Thar
Well Bring it on !!
Old 12th March 2013, 02:19   #81

i am so looking forward for this release, I took a ride in Grand Cherokee in Minneapolis auto show this weekend and was super impressed with off-roading capabilities of the machine. It could climb 35 degrees with so much of ease that it felt going on plane road.
Old 12th March 2013, 05:39   #82
BHPian

I presume Jeep can taste success with only two models in India.
Jeep Grand Cherokee
Jeep Compass

They should launch only these models first and gauge market response for a couple of years and identify themselves as premium manufacturer in this period.

The other Jeep models resemble MM540's too much and that too with a branding of Jeep will not get them anywhere.The following is not my opinion, but the general notion of aam junta of our country would be like "Mahindra launched Jeep with doors"

Quote:
Originally Posted by geeyadav View Post
i am so looking forward for this release, I took a ride in Grand Cherokee in Minneapolis auto show this weekend and was super impressed with off-roading capabilities of the machine. It could climb 35 degrees with so much of ease that it felt going on plane road.
I have been longing to go the auto show, but could not make it and being my first year here in Minneapolis, i did not even know that we can actually drive the cars in the auto show. My bad

Also i guess Minneapolis is very important market for Jeep.
Every fifth car i spot here in the 20k-30k range is a Jeep, mostly Cherokee and Wrangler.

Last edited by Koenigsegg220 : 12th March 2013 at 05:42.
Old 12th March 2013, 05:49   #83
Senior - BHPian

Saw three Jeep vehicles bearing MH12 registration plates on the opposite lane in the Aarey Colony Road on 25th Feb.

Sadly, didn't even get time to click pics, but its the same three reported by autocarindia and pictures posted here.
Old 22nd March 2013, 15:10   #84
M35
BHPian

Spotted this gorgeous Jeep on my way to office in CHINA

Its huge and looked classy.

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-2.jpg

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-1.jpg
M35 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 24th March 2013, 23:28   #85
Distinguished - BHPian

ACI's video review of Jeep Grand Cherokee. The reviewer is impressed.

Old 25th March 2013, 10:45   #86
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M35 View Post
Spotted this gorgeous Jeep on my way to office in CHINA

Its huge and looked classy.

Attachment 1064626

Attachment 1064627
Ah the color and the matte finish alloys looks very good. Any indications or badging that gave away what engine was under the hood?
Old 25th March 2013, 14:01   #87
M35
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nkrishnap View Post
Ah the color and the matte finish alloys looks very good. Any indications or badging that gave away what engine was under the hood?
I couldn't do that. But from its exterior appearance it could probably be Jeep Cherokee SRT8 launched by Chrysler in China. If that is the case it could be powered by the 6.4-liter Hemi V8 engine.

Read more here:

Only for China: Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8 Hyun Black Edition

More on 2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8
M35 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2013, 12:41   #88
BHPian

Spotted a Grand Cherokee and a Wrangler driving on NH8 driving one-behind the other. Both had MH12 plates. Could they be test-mules? Not camouflaged at all. Could not take a picture of the Grand Cherokee, but managed to take a picture of the Wrangler.
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-img_1229.jpg  

torquing_points is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2013, 23:08   #89
Senior - BHPian

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee spotted in Mumbai!

Quote:
spotted the Jeep's Grand Cherokee and the Wrangler on the streets of Mumbai. These vehicles were registered under MH-12 plates, which is where Ranjangaon is located. The Grand Cherokee and Wrangler are due to be launched in India, in October, around the festive season.
Source- cardekho.com
Attached Thumbnails
Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-registeredjeeps01.jpg  

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-registeredjeeps04.jpg  

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-registeredjeeps02.jpg  

Fiat to bring JEEP Grand Cherokee to India-registeredjeeps03.jpg  

Last edited by Anand123 : 29th June 2013 at 23:10.
Anand123 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd July 2013, 20:21   #90
BHPian

Spotted two black cherokees and two black wranglers on NH 8 near Manor today. Couldnt take any pics as they were on the opposite side of the highway. Both looked amazing.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks